Thread: Cheese snobs

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    Eh, I live in a smaller place close to Sölvesborg, never seen anything like that.
    From a quick Google it looks like there's a delikatess-type shop in Sölvesborg. Other than that you might have to look in larger cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Then your friend has a more sophisticated palate than you.
    Is that like the more sophisticated wine palates? where in an elite wine connoisseur can be fooled by a box of red wine over a 200$ bottle?

As to the OP, the only thing i can think of with cheese is it may be more pungent, which comes down to taste on if you will like it more or not.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cheese shop? I don't think those even exist here.
    Some country have more traditions in the cheese department than others (france comes to mind) but i am sure a rich country like sweden have cheese shop, at least in the larger city.

just made a google search cheese shop stokholm, found this picture

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boomking View Post
    From a quick Google it looks like there's a delikatess-type shop in Sölvesborg. Other than that you might have to look in larger cities.
    Oh, not so far from systemet either. Might go there next time when shopping some more alcohol.

15+ Year Old Account
    100kr/kg is still pretty standard for cheese. It might be more expensive than Edamer, but in that case I'd call Edamer a cheap cheese. Västerbotten, for example, is often up above 150kr/kg, and that's an expensive cheese.

As for cheese shops, they exist, but I think more common would be general purpose 'delikatess' shops. They should have specialty cheeses, if you're interested.
    150kr/kg isn't expensive.

Expensive cheeses are around 50e/kg aka 500kr/kg. Like parmigiano reggiano usually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Oh, not so far from systemet either. Might go there next time when shopping some more alcohol.
    Good choice! If you get the cheese before the drinks, I'm sure whoever runs the place could recommend something that pairs well with the cheese you pick.

There's a big difference between good and bad cheese. If you want to buy cheap shitty cheese then do that, but to hate on others who likes better cheese is lame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good choice! If you get the cheese before the drinks, I'm sure whoever runs the place could recommend something that pairs well with the cheese you pick.
    She'll probably pick those morning cheese plastic wrap thingies and drain them down with a six pack of kopparbergs cider.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    150kr/kg isn't expensive.

Expensive cheeses are around 50e/kg aka 500kr/kg. Like parmigiano reggiano usually is.
    Why would anyone even buy that expensive? That's like a fifth of my food budget for a kg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, besides different tastes, cheeses can have very different properties/uses. Young cheeses melt nicely and can be used for grilled cheese sandwiches or cheeseburgers. Cheeses like Parmesan can make great additions to a sauce, or when put under a grill turned into a crispy wafer. There's a cheese for everything.

Why would anyone even buy that expensive? That's like a fifth of my food budget for a kg.
    Everyone have different budgets. A fifth of your food budgets is 100% of someone else's food budget.

Deleted
    She'll probably pick those morning cheese plastic wrap thingies and drain them down with a six pack of kopparbergs cider.
    Rekorderlig or somersby if drinking cider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people consider them a treat, much like an aged bottle of whiskey, or a vintage wine.

You talking about Babybels? :P I doubt they'd have them in a gourmet shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    Some people consider them a treat, much like an aged bottle of whiskey, or a vintage wine.
    This right here. Also, in the case of parmiggiano, you normally don't get the whole wheel, or a kg.

How could you seriously say cheddar, blue, or a soft goat taste the same??!? I could give you blue and gorgonzola, but to say they all taste the same is insane.. There is a major difference..

- - - Updated - - -

Because parmigiano reggiano is amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    How could you seriously say cheddar, blue, or a soft goat taste the same??!? I could give you blue and gorgonzola, but to say they all taste the same is insane.. There is a major difference..

- - - Updated - - -

Because parmigiano reggiano is amazing.
    Well, the ones I've eaten is gouda, edamer, präst and herrgård.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Every cheese I've tried taststed different. Though I wouldn't say any of them tasted bad unless they were mixed with something else (Like cranberries, I fucking hate cranberries and whoever thought to defile cheese with them).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    there is some really expensive food out there

truffles is $6,000 a pound
    beluga caviar is $3,000 a pound
    japanese kobe ribeye steak is $200 a pound (for a fucking steak)

Well, the ones I've eaten is gouda, edamer, präst and herrgård.
    Try blue and goat. They should be different enough from the others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Every cheese I've tried taststed different. Though I wouldn't say any of them tasted bad unless they were mixed with something else (Like cranberries, I fucking hate cranberries and whoever thought to defile cheese with them).
    Goat cheese in a salad with cranberries and chestnuts is amazing.

Bud light and Kraft singles, man. All the way.

/sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Goat cheese in a salad with cranberries and chestnuts is amazing.
    I do something like that, but it uses pomegranate seeds instead of cranberries, and walnuts instead of chestnuts. It's wonderful.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.