Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Urgh, can't reliably get through the frost phase. Either I need to stock up on some crit items or figure something else out, as sometimes I get through the whole thing almost unscathed, the next time I can barely keep up. It doesn't help that the frost zone is just decoration and the ice comet damage only stops one you grip the mage. Also the irony is not lost on me, as someone who was lucky enought to get neither Prydaz nor Sephuz yet, I kinda feel my "luck" turning on me .

Any tips for the arcane phase? I tried to take it slow, but that usually resulted in me getting blasted because he just gets his instant cast off. Rushing it usually results in me dying and killing adjacent images is more like a 50/50 thing time wise. Sometimes I'm close enough/crit and kill them before the bubble vanishes, other times I'm just sitting there twiddling my thumbs waiting for runes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Urgh, can't reliably get through the frost phase. Either I need to stock up on some crit items or figure something else out, as sometimes I get through the whole thing almost unscathed, the next time I can barely keep up. It doesn't help that the frost zone is just decoration and the ice comet damage only stops one you grip the mage. Also the irony is not lost on me, as someone who was lucky enought to get neither Prydaz nor Sephuz yet, I kinda feel my "luck" turning on me .

Any tips for the arcane phase? I tried to take it slow, but that usually resulted in me getting blasted because he just gets his instant cast off. Rushing it usually results in me dying and killing adjacent images is more like a 50/50 thing time wise. Sometimes I'm close enough/crit and kill them before the bubble vanishes, other times I'm just sitting there twiddling my thumbs waiting for runes.
    You'll get 3 frost phases. For the first one, I have BoS up still so they melt in a couple seconds. For the second, I drop my Sindragosa on them and nuke them, for the 3rd I use IBF+Death Strike to stay alive while I cleave them down.

For the shadow I would use Bear Tartarae and get about half way, then pop AMS after killing one and rush it with the sprint buff.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

Here is a tip that might help for frost phase: he does the traps at 95%, 90%, 85%, and then goes into transition at 80%. So save your remorseless winter, and use it at 97%, 92%, 87% or play around a little bit how the timer works out with your damage. This will ensure that your Remo blows up when trap swapns, and you can escape instantly. As far as transition phase goes, if I instantly noticed where the image is I just used WW and ran to it. If I didn't notice, then I killed the closest clone while looking for the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by linkumpoot View Post
    Thanks for replying Ashaeron. I think my main issue is even being able to target one of them correctly to death strike it. I use tab targetting. Do you guys suggest other alternatives?
    I tried tabbing for a while, but its too unreliable. I use RMouse to turn, so I let it go and click and it selects the one in the direction Im facing pretty reliably. Clicking target is definitely a better option than tabbing, i found.

gave it a few attempts last night. figured out how to get out of frost phase, problem now is arcane phase.

interestingly enough, i looked at how the other classes did their attempts and sad how much movement helps with this fight. death grip is our alternative but we can't Dg nearly as often as they can leap etc. definitely doable, but peeved at how its easier for other specs. i dont feel its a test of your spec, just a challenging scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was sticking to cape/ring combo then I swapped ring with bracers and saw that not only I burn his hp lot faster but get out of critical damage checks easier.

Bear tartare makes wonders, cheap to craft and extra movement allows me to avoid so much damage that I dropped cape with helm.

I panic interrupted last boss and wiped by %16 in my first last phase try. If boss didn't heal it was a kill.

I used no utility legendaries, helm /beacers at start and helm ring when I got out of combat before last

I killed this boss with 901 ilvl with belt and sephuz in 1st phase and belt and seal of necrofantasia in last phase.

Here are some tips I think might be useful.

1) First phase is all about survivability. In this phase forget about using frost strike, you'll spend rp mostly on deathstrikes (outside of bos that you will use on start).

2) Learn to deal with icicles without using defensive cds. You need to save ams and wrathwalk for transition phase. Save rime proc just before icicles and time rw to be active when icicles come. Spam obli, rime hb and deathstrikes to heal up. Eventually you'll learn to survive icicles without def cds and you'll be able to stand in them for long time.

3) First transition phase will come after 3 icicles so you need to expect it coming and focus your attention to the rest of the platform because for one brief moment (like 0.5sec) after he teleports you'll see his position before darkness comes. This i find most effective way to track his position. Forget about using minimap its confusing and often you dont have enough time to orient with it, because you ll be killing adds and panicking. This is where you need to have ams and wrathwalk off cd. So as soon as you spot his position use ams+ww and quickly get to him.You want this phase to last as short as possible. Sometimes he'll teleport to far so you might have to kill 1-2 adds before ams+ww routine. Make sure you enter transition phase with at least 80% hp.

4) In arcane phase after you interupt first drain power, he'll telport and chain 2-3 nasty arcane blasts. This will likely bring you to 20% hp so this is the moment where i use ibf and heal up with 2-3 deathstrkes. Also in this phase you will use nothing but deathstrike for spending rp as arcane blasts hit for like 800k. Good moment to heal up to full hp is when he uses his missiles from behind ability (dont know what is it called) as you dont take dmg at that moment (if you take you die:P). I recommend not to use BoS in this phase as you will need rp to heal yourself with deathstrikes. This is dmg heavy phase. Dont use ams and ww in this phase and save it for next transition phase. Make sure you have this cds avalible for every transition phase.

5) Last phase is dps check and biggest challange is to kill 3 adds that spawn. So don't use dps cds and drums right on start, but save it for 1st pack of adds. This will make your pillar of frost align every time with adds spawn. This is when you should start BoS and you should always have rw saved for adds so they get stunned. After adds die try to carry breath to boss (boss can be gripped). Be careful when you run for adds not to stand in shit on the ground that boss spawns. I had couple of deaths because i chased adds blindly. Its better to let them hit the boss if you cant kill them all and you'll still have chance to finish it. For the 2nd pack of adds use Sindragosa's fury in combination with pillar and remorthless winter. For third pack of adds your BoS should come off cd.
    Last edited by Balvan; 2017-04-06 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaeron View Post
    I tried tabbing for a while, but its too unreliable. I use RMouse to turn, so I let it go and click and it selects the one in the direction Im facing pretty reliably. Clicking target is definitely a better option than tabbing, i found.
    Thanks for the tip pal. I'll try again when it's up. Missed trying last night due to work et al.

7+ Year Old Account
    Alright so I just gave this a whirl. Maybe my 20th or so try.

I used Prydaz and Sephuz for the first stages, when the final phase came, I gear swapped to Seal of Necro/Sindragosa pants.

Saved my breath and pillar for first set of 3 adds, and used sindragosa with the pants to blow up the second set of 3 adds. The actual shadow boss doesn't need much cooldowns to die, but the 3 adds are far more important and time-demanding.

My strat is below.

Troubles I have with this is when he teleports to the complete opposite side of the room for his arcane phase and sometimes the AMS + cloak + wraith walk doesn't get near him. And I am not a fan of him using his frostbolt from an unlimited range while his arcane barrage is only 30 yard range. Saved my lust and potions for first set of adds pretty sure I could've gotten the skin but when I look back at it the skin isn't even that neat.

Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    anyone else having issues with the targeting of the frost pillars ?
    Somewhat late to the show, but turning off nameplates helped me. Also Bear Tartare gives amazing mobility during the fight.

I used Prydaz / KJ for P1, Koltira / SoN for P2. I had simmed 850k DPS and 49 traits roughly. To better deal with Frost phases I used Skorpyrons trinket. For me it came down to having AMS up for Arcane phases and getting lucky with where his shimmer spawns. Heal full, pop AMS, use the last 1-2s of Bear Tartare, pop WW, rush to his shimmer. Did this every arcane phase. If you have to cross 2 beams by incorrectly choosing your first bubble, you are done for. Also being resource starved due to RNG can screw you over.

P2 was a one-shot for me, despite prematurely dropping Breath.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

I'll go ahead and add my comments about my experience as well. It took me about 30 attempts (after watching videos and reading this thread).

I used Prydaz and Archerus Drapes for P1 because I wanted to make sure I could survive the frost fuckery and the arcane phase without having to worry too much. My damage was fine even with using those legendaries. I used the Skorpyron trinket and COF. I also had flask and some Bear Tartare.

For the frost phases I used the common sequence of: no defensive for the first, AMS on the second, and IBF on the 3rd

During the arcane phase I usually killed 2 adds so i could make sure i 100% knew where he was before i AMS'd and WW'd

During the transition phases I pretty much used all my RP for death strikes to be safe, my damage was still well ahead

During the intermission I switched to raid gear and to the CCC & SON combo along with Foci and COF. I potted and lusted at the beginning and used Sindragosa's on the first set of adds to get them out of the way quickly (they can also be COI'd and gripped), the remorseless winter stun was somewhat useful. I used breathe on the boss after that and rinsed repeated. I finished the encounter after getting to P2 for the first time.