Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    Lol ok buddy. You think your all that just because people dont agree with your opinion and all of a sudden that makes you the expert on hunters. Pretty sure you are just a B tier raider/casual who only knows how to read guides and follow others without being able to critically analyze and think outside the box.

Why would you go unerring arrows first for meme spec ever? UA is not that amazing for meme.
    1 point = 4% damage increase on aimed and piercing shot which comprises roughly 40% of your overall damage. That is about a 1.6% increass in overall dps. Not bad, but quickshot sims as a much higher increase than that, and this is talking purely single target. With aoe involved, quickshot absolutely trumps 1 rank of unerring arrows.

Its pretty obvious that you should get quickshot first, and from there possibly go UA -> cyclone
    UA is very good for meme.. Piercing shot dmg is huge. I know a lot of situations where the guide is average, but the extremely minor dps increase you get, from having like 2seconds less of a cd on TS, is far outweighed by the sizeable dmg buff you get to piercing shot.

Quickshot, a single trait does not sim much higher than that, it sims much lower. Your entire proof is "lul guides are wrong"

Jump on the hunter discord, and go ask around, https://discord.gg/Uczm4Pv

Go ham.

So I played around with the ability on the target dummy and it seems at least one issue is if you are standing on a hill it won't proc. Pick any hill in range of the target dummy at any range and it simply won't work. Stand at the bottom of said hill, at more or less the same elevation as the dummy, and it works.

Deleted
    How many more trueshots do you get throughout a run by reducing it by 5 (or whatever) seconds?
    And how much % extra damage do you think the extra trueshot(s) will net you when you do about 1.000.0000.000-1.500.000.000 dmg or something.
    Taking that over UA is silly, honestly.

It's not 1.6% either btw, it's less. +100% is the base Vuln., 104% doesn't make it a 4% damage increase(because 100% -> vuln: 200% -> Vuln+UA: 204%)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-04-06 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    How many more trueshots do you get throughout a run by reducing it by 5 (or whatever) seconds?
    And how much % extra damage do you think the extra trueshot(s) will net you when you do about 1.000.0000.000-1.500.000.000 dmg or something.
    Taking that over UA is silly, honestly.

It's not 1.6% either btw, it's less. +100% is the base Vuln., 104% doesn't make it a 4% damage increase(because 100% -> vuln: 200% -> Vuln+UA: 204%)
    Having Trueshot up and ready for when a large pack is about to be pulled is absolutely huge and also rather unquantifiable. CDR makes you more likely to have it on more packs throughout the dungeon.

Going for a guaranteed damage increase is always better than a situational, at best maybe better damage increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    Going for a guaranteed damage increase is always better than a situational, at best maybe better damage increase.
    But we are comparing point for point values. it takes 6 points to get cyclonic burst, and 1 for trueshot

This discussion is pretty pointless since you can get both in a few days.

Let's talk about the fact that the current implementation of Cyclonic Burst is pretty sad, since the damage is tied to a ground effect that has been buggy/inconsistent since Legion release. On top of that, the damage is not great on ST (where we need the most help) and the trait itself is gated behind Feet of Wind, which is mostly useless and, judging by recent patch notes, buggy as well.

Deleted
    But we are comparing point for point values. it takes 6 points to get cyclonic burst, and 1 for trueshot
    It's also taking 1 point longer until you get cyclonic burst in the future.
    I'd rather go for the overall more useful trait than for a "could be an upgrade whenever situation X happens"

On top of that, the quickshot trait (+1 point) itself isn't making much of a difference in terms of availability anyway.
    You aren't even using it on CD anyway because of traveltime, boss fights etc. etc.
    You can't even sim that trait properly, so saying it's worth more than X is already arguable. It's a very good trait, or a very, very bad one (basically as worthless as turtle/disengage, even worse actually). UA is a (very) good one, guaranteed.

I never went into M+ thinking "oh man, I wish I had one more point in quickshot" though. AoE packs are frequent, and if I know a strong pack is coming up, I'm saving the CD anyway (with or without additional 5s reduction)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-04-06 at 03:24 PM.

Cyclonic Burst seems to only work on level ground or shooting up hill. If you shoot downhill it doesn't. The large mob on the bridge right before Krosus in NH for example. If you are up hill from him, it wont apply the DOT, but you move around the other side of him it will. GG

This trait is ridiculously broken. Mobs standing still right in the Windburst trail (or should be in the trail) are not affected...

Deleted
    I'm actually getting a solid amount of hits with it, the only problem I have is that it's not wide enough in the first place.

Pretty sure I even hit Krosus with it.

edit: yeah, it did 4,78% of my damage.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I'm actually getting a solid amount of hits with it, the only problem I have is that it's not wide enough in the first place.

Pretty sure I even hit Krosus with it.

edit: yeah, it did 4,78% of my damage.
    Yeah it seems like they fixed most of its issues. The only problem I'm still seeing is when shooting something on higher ground.

Does anyone here notice Trash mobs not getting hit by it when they're standing in the middle, or more so near you in the Windburst Trail?

I notice more so than anything trash mobs not getting hit by it often unless they're near the end of it. I have virtually no issues with this ability on Boss mobs and whatever my main target is i casted WB on. But if there are trash near me, or middle of the trail its just not working. I guess its better than it was, but still kinda annoying.

Having Trueshot up and ready for when a large pack is about to be pulled is absolutely huge and also rather unquantifiable. CDR makes you more likely to have it on more packs throughout the dungeon.
    Dude you're an idiot. Having trueshot up for a pack is important, not so important you ignore the new traits and first get one point in CDR. For the same reason no one got CDR at launch before first 2 gold traits, unless they were bad.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-04-11 at 01:24 PM.

I still am noticing quite often that the target is unaffected by cyclonic burst even when they have not moved. Really pissed me off when I clearly see them standing in the ground affect and do not have the DOT of them at all.