Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Arkansas getting ready to execute 8 Men in 11 days

Arkansas must be going for a World record in Death Penalty executions.
    And one would be think so, as the last man executed in Arkansas was in 2005.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...6778ed80c90dda

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...403-story.html

In fact , no state has executed this many people in such a short span since the Supreme Court reinstated capital punishment in 1976.
    The closest was Texas, which executed eight men in both May and June of 1997.

But why the assembly line of death?

Well the chemical used in lethal injections midazolam, an anesthetic used in the lethal injection cocktail, expires at the end of the month.

So Arkansas plans to kill all these men in a limited time period after Easter

I dunno whether you guys are pro or anti capital punishment and these Men committed some horrible crimes, but killing them all in one go
    seems a bit obscene.. I dunno maybe the magnitude of 8 executions over a short period of time, may warn others not to follow in these guys footsteps.
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2017-04-04 at 12:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why those prisoners, and others who have been sentenced to have death penalty, are being kept alive after some kind of appeal time to the court decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Kill 8 one day after the other, kill all 8 in one go, what's the difference? If you're going to kill them, just do it.

I always wondered why they have found it so difficult to carry out a death penalty. The means they use seem like a pain in the ass. I get why they got rid of the electric chair, fine. Heck, I understand the intent to make it painless, so it seems odd that they go with an injection. Why not just have them in a room, and replaced the air with nitrogen? They will continue to breathe, then just pass out and die.

As for Arkansas deciding to off these guys all at once, I see no major issue with it. I've grown less supportive of the death penalty through the years, but certainly find it appropriate in the proper circumstances. if all these guys are truly guilty of the crimes they were convicted of, then kill the fuckers.

Light'em up!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

All of them murdered 1 person each, seems abit bad was gonna say they derserve the death penalty more if they murdered children or tons of people
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    It must be the most economical option or something.

And if they want the record of executing the most people in the shortest amount of time, they don't hold a candle to China.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

In fact , no state has executed this many people in such a short span since the Supreme Court reinstated capital punishment in 1976.

Well the chemical used in lethal injections midazolam, an anesthetic used in the lethal injection cocktail, expires at the end of the month.

I dunno whether you guys are pro or anti capital punishment and these Men committed some horrible crimes, but killing them all in one go
    seems a bit obscene.. I dunno maybe the magnitude of 8 executions over a short period of time, may warn others not to follow in these guys footsteps.
    Despicable. No civil society uses the deathpenalty anymore.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Despicable. No civil society uses the deathpenalty anymore.
    No one worthy of belonging to a civil society commits anything calling for a death penalty.

And they have no one other themselves to blame for being on death row.

They want to speed in executions because the drug is expiring? How is that even legal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    No one worthy of belonging to a civil society commits anything calling for a death penalty.
    Let's try and remember murderers usually have some mental issue that isn't tested. Being that jails are literally the number one provider of mental health i say perhaps we should provide mental health treatment before they do something bad. Just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    No civil society uses the death penalty if it means risking the death of an innocent.
    But the US wull learn to follow the rest of the western world someday.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They want to speed in executions because the drug is expiring? How is that even legal.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's try and remember murderers usually have some mental issue that isn't tested. Being that jails are literally the number one provider of mental health i say perhaps we should provide mental health treatment before they do something bad. Just a thought.
    Ted Bundy ( mass murderer ) was a Yale graduate . He could have passed a mental health test with flying colors. Some people are just scums who do not deserve to be alive. They enjoy killing for the sake of killing. There are still mass murderers out there who have not been caught yet and some may never be.

In this case, they are guilty of murdering others and been found guilty of first degree murder. So makes no difference if they execute them all in one hour, day or spread it out. The quickest way would be to line them up in a firing squad. Could be done for all 8 in less than a min.

One local woman, whose own husband's killer is on death row, says many of the victims' families may find closure with the request.
    "We've had families that have been waiting for years for something to happen," Elaine Colclasure said.

Two men on the list are Bruce Earl Ward, the man who killed teenager Rebecca Doss at her gas station job off North Rodney Parham Road in 1989 and Terrick Nooner, who shot and killed college student Scott Stobaugh at Funwash Laundry Mat in 1993.
    It's cases Colclasure remembers well.

"[He was] washing his clothes with all his life in front of him and he goes in there and shoots him in cold blood," Colclasure said.
    She remembers these murders for reasons she wishes she didn't.

"Elvin Jackson murdered my husband in 1989," Colclasure said, Jackson killed Colclasure's husband and a correctional officer in 1995.
    "He got the death penalty for that and he's been there ever since and nothing has happened, so it's kind of a waiting and a continuation of the pain," Colclasure said.

Even though her husband's killer doesn't have a date for lethal injection, she has a message for the families that may find closure because of the request.
    "These families are waiting all the time for justice," Colclasure said.

Most of these guys killed their victims for little or no reason other than what was in a cash register.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    World record, huh? Going to be hard to beat Rwanda or Cambodia on this one...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    World record, huh? Going to be hard to beat Rwanda or Cambodia on this one...
    Obviously world record in the states hard to beat places like China, iran, chad, indonesia, egypt, somalia, pakistan and saudi arabia just to namn a few.

Then again world record lol.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-04-04 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Ted Bundy ( mass murderer ) was a Yale graduate . He could have passed a mental health test with flying colors. Some people are just scums who do not deserve to be alive. They enjoy killing for the sake of killing. There are still mass murderers out there who have not been caught yet and some may never be.

In this case, they are guilty of murdering others and been found guilty of first degree murder. So makes no difference if they execute them all in one hour, day or spread it out. The quickest way would be to line them up in a firing squad. Could be done for all 8 in less than a min.
    When I say mental issues do you think retarded only or something? It's not as if retarded is the only mental issue or that a psychopath with a history of issues can't also be smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...403-story.html

It's about time the system got more efficient.

Capital punishment is wrong on all levels I say, regardless the crime committed.

That isn't to say I think none death punishments are sufficient.

I firmly believe if you kill a person in cold blood, you should be left to rot in jail for the rest of your days. Not a cushiony one, 4 walls, a bed, you own exposed wc, wooden chair and desk. Some liberties, such as a hour outside a day in a empty courtyard - no equipment no basketballs etc, and a limited supply of paper and a pen. No sense in someone going insane and losing their mind as to who they are. Oh also standard nutrional meals, nothing fancy just a meal consisting of what the body needs

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    No civil society uses the death penalty if it means risking the death of an innocent.
    But the US wull learn to follow the rest of the western world someday.
    What about open an shut cases? Like they have it on video and the guy had blood on his hands?