Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Obviously these men deserve the death penalty if they were put on it. The crime was horrible enough to justify. It's not like they hand out death penalties like candy. They'd sooner give people life in prison before death. I'm for the death penalty in general, especially if the crimes were committed against children.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    It's BS that they can sit on death row for such a long time, there should be a legal limit on how long they are allowed to be on death row.
    Couple of years, five at max, would be reasonable in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    http://www.newsweek.com/one-25-execu...-claims-248889

Yeah, it's not like we ever get the wrong guy.
    How about in extreme cases, where guilt is a certainty? I'm talking about people like McVeigh and Dahmer.

The state doesn't need the power to execute its citizens and therefore shouldn't have it.
    Agree to disagree I guess. McVeigh attacked the federal government directly, even blowing up a daycare in the process. I think the federal government absolutely has the right to pass a judgement of execution in a case like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    The state doesn't need the power to execute its citizens and therefore shouldn't have it.
    False.

Every state has a limited budget - so there is always an economic argument to be held in favor of death penalty.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    And 6 out of those 8 are mentally unfit to even understand that they were at trial. One of them has a IQ of 69.
    Reminds me of that guy who did not even know he was going to die, or what it ment.

ffs America, these people belong in an mental asylum, not DP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    False.

Every state has a limited budget - so there is always an economic argument to be held in favor of death penalty.
    It should not be an economic argument, the risk of innocence is too high.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    How about in extreme cases, where guilt is a certainty? I'm talking about people like McVeigh and Dahmer.
    People can slip through the cracks, that power should not be in the hands of the state.

15+ Year Old Account
    The death penalty costs more than life in prison.
    Probably if you keep them alive for 30 years before killing.....

15+ Year Old Account
    If you reduce the number of appeals, you increase the odds of someone being wrongfully executed.
    And? What does that have to do with the price of death penalty vs life sentence?

10+ Year Old Account
    this is great news.

10+ Year Old Account
    And? What does that have to do with the price of death penalty vs life sentence?
    Because to reduce the number of appeals really isn't an option. There are already innocent people executed by the state, and even one instance of that is abhorrent.

What you seem to be saying is that execution should be cheaper than life imprisonment because you'd just quickly kill people after conviction. That's the kind of action taken by a despotic government, and not something anyone should aspire to.

Your semantic argument relies on the unconstitutional treatment of civilians. What you are saying would, of course, be cheaper. It would also be completely unacceptable and never happen, which makes your whole argument a pointless and futile exercise in verbal masturbation.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    All of them murdered 1 person each, seems abit bad was gonna say they derserve the death penalty more if they murdered children or tons of people
    Never understood that. Why do children matter more? People are people. You murder one, you stop being one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post

Sounds like a goddamn vacation for a cold blooded murderer. I can only hope someone close to you is a victim soon so your eyes are opened.
    Wow aren't you just a ray of sun shine, well reported to start with and my eyes are perfectly open I just don't want a supposedly evolved civilization to go backwards into barbarism.

For the record, my mothers best friend was murdered some years ago, the guy got 20 years for it, her friend dumped him, he wasn't happy, he took a knife and made a pin cushion out of her. My mother has the same PoV as me, he's evil, he's deserves a more harsh punishment, and derserves death. However people aren't in the position to be able to carry that out. Life imprisonment with the bare necessities to live is what he should of had. As for a vaccination, I suggest you look up places like Sweden, hell even our own prisons here in the UK are far to comfortable and well equipped.

But it doesn't matter how much you throw your toys out of your pram, I don't say this often, but you're wrong, simple as that. What you call justice is just revenge, not law, not justified. Plain simple revenge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Obviously these men deserve the death penalty if they were put on it. The crime was horrible enough to justify. It's not like they hand out death penalties like candy. They'd sooner give people life in prison before death. I'm for the death penalty in general, especially if the crimes were committed against children.
    You're sarcastic, right?! No way you're the dumb drone you appear to be.

You ARE aware that trials aren't always right and innocents have been found guilty merely by conjecture. You are, right?!
    Last edited by mmoc594fd2488f; 2017-04-04 at 05:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Because to reduce the number of appeals really isn't an option. There are already innocent people executed by the state, and even one instance of that is abhorrent.
    Innocent people rotting in prison is acceptable then?

What you seem to be saying is that execution should be cheaper than life imprisonment because you'd just quickly kill people after conviction. That's the kind of action taken by a despotic government, and not something anyone should aspire to.
    I don't know if 5 years is "quickly".

Your semantic argument relies on the unconstitutional treatment of civilians.
    What is unconstitutional about that?

What you are saying would, of course, be cheaper.
    Exactly, and that is a reason enough to counterargument the "state doesn't need to kill it's citizens so it shouldn't have power to". There are other arguments against death penalty, like reducing the risk of executing wrong people, that are reasonable. But that "power of the state" argument is not one.
    It would also be completely unacceptable and never happen
    A bit extreme to say so considering about a century ago it was standard practice everywhere in the world and had been for thousands of years
    ., which makes your whole argument a pointless and futile exercise in verbal masturbation.
    How cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Wow aren't you just a ray of sun shine, well reported to start with and my eyes are perfectly open I just don't want a supposedly evolved civilization to go backwards into barbarism.

For the record, my mothers best friend was murdered some years ago, the guy got 20 years for it, her friend dumped him, he wasn't happy, he took a knife and made a pin cushion out of her. My mother has the same PoV as me, he's evil, he's deserves a more harsh punishment, and derserves death. However people aren't in the position to be able to carry that out. Life imprisonment with the bare necessities to live is what he should of had. As for a vaccination, I suggest you look up places like Sweden, hell even our own prisons here in the UK are far to comfortable and well equipped.

But it doesn't matter how much you throw your toys out of your pram, I don't say this often, but you're wrong, simple as that. What you call justice is just revenge, not law, not justified. Plain simple revenge.
    Exactly. As long as there's any kind of chance that any person executed might be innocent it's an unacceptable solution. Life imprisonment could make everyday living an unpleasant and utterly bland experience, sitting in a grey box with minimal amenities and socialization, and that's a thorough punishment - the convicted criminal just wastes his life away wishing he was free, unable to truly enjoy the one life he gets. That is assuming, of course, that we're talking about prison as a place of punishment as fits the current NA model.

It also leaves open the possibility of freedom and restitution for anyone who slips into the system unfairly. While you can't give years back to someone who spent them in prison unfairly, at least you haven't stripped them of their life entirely before the truth could come out.

- - - Updated - - -

Innocent people rotting in prison is acceptable then?

I don't know if 5 years is "quickly".

What is unconstitutional about that?

Exactly, and that is a reason enough to counterargument the "state doesn't need to kill it's citizens so it shouldn't have power to". There are other arguments against death penalty, like reducing the risk of executing wrong people, that are reasonable. But that "power of the state" argument is not one.
    A bit extreme to say so considering about a century ago it was standard practice everywhere in the world and had been for thousands of years
    How cute.
    Expedited executions are unconstitutional - as stated by the Federal Government in part of its ruling regarding California. Five years isn't nearly enough time to allow prisoners to seek the appeals they are entitled to, and removing their ability to seek appeals is unconstitutional, again as ruled regarding California.

A century ago we were also selling people globally as slaves. Some things change and won't ever change back as long as civilization holds. Any chance of executing an innocent, even once, is enough to make the death penalty unacceptable - and we've had many more than one instance of that already.

Innocent people in prison have the chance of being freed and getting restitution. Dead people don't. You can't give someone back years, but you can give them back their freedom and attempt to make some sort of repayment to them. You can't do anything for dead people except say "oops."
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-04-04 at 06:11 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

The death penalty costs more than life in prison.
    A rope and a tree is all you need, or 5 rifles 4 bullets and a blank.

And yes I know why the costs are so high just making fun of the ridiculous costs to keep people alive or dead in this day and age.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-04-04 at 06:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    A rope and a tree is all you need, or 5 rifles 5 bullets and a blank.
    You do realize that members of firing squads are known to miss on purpose, and only 1 or 2 guys actually shoot to kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    All of them murdered 1 person each, seems abit bad was gonna say they derserve the death penalty more if they murdered children or tons of people
    You would consider killing only 1 person acceptable then? How many would they need to kill before you would say they deserve this lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    You do realize that members of firing squads are known to miss on purpose, and only 1 or 2 guys actually shoot to kill.
    Why do you think i added a blank? So they dont know who killed him, they all fire.

5 rifles 4 bullets and a blank.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-04-04 at 06:25 PM.

"If we murder murderers that makes us better right?"

Not executing someone is supposed to be the hard path, You are showing that you are above resorting to barbaric practices. I'm not saying at all that I wouldn't want to hurt someone if they killed someone I loved, but that's the reason i'm not the one who decides the punishment. I would rather have these men in prison for their lives then risk even one innocent person being put to death.