Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Blizz Confusing What 'Hard' Means (solo dungeon)

So the kids over at acti-blizz said the artifact/solo dungeon is going to be VERY HARD .. Thing is its not very hard mechanic wise, it actually feels super scripted (but hay it is PvE) and all that is hard about it would be RNG to get that one specific legendary that completely trivializes the encounter ..

Hard = RNG loot .. cool story

Edit: Quick examples not intended as a comprehensive list: BM= Legs / Affi = Ring / and so on

Like some have said: They could have just as easily tuned it to YOUR current ilvl as to put the focus on mechanics (skill) but NOOOO they went the other way and made the mechanics easy to learn (say 3 to 5 attempts) and put all the weight on gear .. Thing is before the next tier opens up (t20) RNG determines who has the gear TODAY!
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-04-05 at 07:20 AM.

Deleted
    So much salt

That 1 legendary is not gonna make the encounter easy for the vast majority of the player base. Sure, people who know their class very well will have an easier time if they have a specific legendary, but it is far from trivial. It is, and will stay, very hard for most players.

And yes, I have completed 1 of the encounters already.

Skillwise its not hard.

Its just overtuned.

As to be expected with Legion.

Compare it to Green Fire where it was mechanically difficult and you needed to actually be skilled to beat it.

Some people can get it. Not everyone can get it right away. The encounter is tuned for people of higher ilvl, even then you still need some strategy. If you're having a hard time, retune your strategy/talents, use pots/flasks/items. If you can't get it now, wait for ToS or get better gear.

Just like in life, there are things you have to work for. You can't expect everything to be handed to you. Grow up, stop complaining, and git gud.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstechno View Post
    Some people can get it. Not everyone can get it right away. The encounter is tuned for people of higher ilvl, even then you still need some strategy. If you're having a hard time, retune your strategy/talents, use pots/flasks/items. If you can't get it now, wait for ToS or get better gear.

Just like in life, there are things you have to work for. You can't expect everything to be handed to you. Grow up, stop complaining, and git gud.
    Way to miss the point entirely.

It's based on gear not skill. It's rediculously easy, because you can just outgear it later on in the expansion.

If you don't want it, don't play. Why even complain, for such a game this thing added some interest, even though it didn't last long, but still. All the major features are always expansion wide if you are expected more.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardius View Post
    If you don't want it, don't play. Why even complain, for such a game this thing added some interest, even though it didn't last long, but still. All the major features are always expansion wide if you are expected more.
    Something that has its difficulty based on mechanics and execution has a longer lifespan than something which has its difficulty based entirely on gear score.

Throw in ilvl scaling, and if it's mechanically challenging, then the content could potentially last past the expansion. Whereas making it a gear check pretty much ensures that it will be obsolete soon.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    It's based on gear not skill. It's rediculously easy, because you can just outgear it later on in the expansion.
    what if geniuses at Blizzard decide to make the Artifact Challenges scale with ilvl? You know deep down they wanna

I'm gonna laugh when we hit the end of the expansion and people still aren't able to do it in high ilvl gear despite it being "entirely about gear".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

I'm not super bothered as I don't really like any of the skins, HOWEVER, why don't the dungeons just scale your gear to a fixed ilevel, then it would really be about skill, not gear. Hell, challenge dungeons had this figures out 2 expansions ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz knows what "hard" means. It's a vague buzzword to push the carrot on a stick.

Blizzard doesn't care about skill. Skill doesn't pay the bills. Forcing players to grind RNG pays the bills. PvP has been a lost cause since Cata cause Holinka is just hemorrhaging money with his terrible ideas.

I guarantee most of the players upset with Mage Tower because it meant "faster access to flying". I don't blame them. There's really zero point to the Mage Tower for a "casual" player after the AP hotfix. They get access to some useless portals for 3 days and every other perk is aimed towards progression/no-lifers.

I'm still laughing at the tank challenge "hotfixes" when Velen still manages to do absolutely nothing or even worse the encounter either doesn't start or doesn't phase and you waste 100 nethershards.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know for me personally it is just gear i need. Somebody recommended i try Exsanguinate to help with the enrage mechanic, but yeah, its a gear based fight. Mechanically it was fun though, it is the kind of solo content i have been looking for, just, remove the enrage mechanic, it just makes it a DPS race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post
    I'm not super bothered as I don't really like any of the skins, HOWEVER, why don't the dungeons just scale your gear to a fixed ilevel, then it would really be about skill, not gear. Hell, challenge dungeons had this figures out 2 expansions ago.
    Nope. Even challenge/proving were a wash. All you had to do was abuse scaling and min-max your gear with over-budget items. Some class/specs had horrible scaling and had to be carried.

If you don't have the gear requirement for it at the moment then you probably wouldn't have been able to do it even if it was purely skill based, you're just using gear as an excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    If you don't have the gear requirement for it at the moment then you probably wouldn't have been able to do it even if it was purely skill based, you're just using gear as an excuse.
    Keep telling yourself that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Blizz knows what "hard" means. It's a vague buzzword to push the carrot on a stick.

Blizzard doesn't care about skill. Skill doesn't pay the bills. Forcing players to grind RNG pays the bills. PvP has been a lost cause since Cata cause Holinka is just hemorrhaging money with his terrible ideas.

I guarantee most of the players upset with Mage Tower because it meant "faster access to flying". I don't blame them. There's really zero point to the Mage Tower for a "casual" player after the AP hotfix. They get access to some useless portals for 3 days and every other perk is aimed towards progression/no-lifers.

I'm still laughing at the tank challenge "hotfixes" when Velen still manages to do absolutely nothing or even worse the encounter either doesn't start or doesn't phase and you waste 100 nethershards.
    Not every little feature or bit of WoW is=PAY DA BILLS. You sound like an overly bitter old man(I doubt you are). Settle down bro.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    So the kids over at acti-blizz said the artifact/solo dungeon is going to be VERY HARD .. Thing is its not very hard mechanic wise, it actually feels super scripted (but hay it is PvE) and all that is hard about it would be RNG to get that one specific legendary that completely trivializes the encounter ..

Hard = RNG loot .. cool story

Edit: Quick examples not intended as a comprehensive list: BM= Legs / Affi = Ring / and so on
    So sad that you can't be a special Snowflake....... You better go play another game
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Not true. The enrage mechanic on Sigryn is impossible to get past without either having high DPS (gear) or having a lot of spaced out cooldowns. I could of kept going forever on that fight but you can't get past that shield when he recasts it over and over.