Low DPS what am i doing wrong?

Hi All,

So i posted last week and you guys gave me some pretty solid advice on how to raise my DPS so if tried to follow everything that was advised and my dps has raised but its not quite where i want it to be. If you guys could go through my logs, which i will include, and give me some tips it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

/reports/mCY2FPKXBh4ynMdx is the link after warcraft logs . com since it wont let me post links. My character name is same as my username Hugeorcasm. I did not participate in the mythic portion of this raid only the heroic parts.

A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going to focus on Heroic Trilliax since it's fully single target.

When you're dealing with a boss where you can't get any decent uptime on War Machine (30%+) like Trilliax you should go Endless Rage instead of War Machine. Talents will always depend on the boss so you shouldn't keep to a specific set of talents. Had no uptime on War Machine that fight so you missed out on rage leading to higher enrage uptime.

You NEED to get your 2pc and 4pc! You're seriously missing enrage up time because of it. Even if it means grabbing LFR or Normal pieces. It's that big of an upgrade.

If you have another legendary besides belt that is decent for single target I would use it on fights where you won't benefit from the belt. Even the legendaries with better stats would be better off regardless of if they offer an equip effect for damage.

CD usage...not bad but could be better. You obv need CoF for more BCs, but you managed to keep DoS inside BC the whole time. However, you did use your third Avatar outside of BC which caused your third DoS usage to be 20% weaker than it could have been. You're also cutting it close by using Avatar a bit early and it's going to cause BC and DoS to potentially run outside of your Avatar window which is something you shouldn't do. Holding it to ensure your BC/DoS window is fully inside of it is better than using it slightly too early and then losing damage in that window. I'd also hold Blood Fury for Battle Cry but racials don't make a huge difference.

In addition to that, RB > Odyns Fury for single target. Since you don't have CoF it's probably pointless to hold it until the next BC since the CD is slightly higher than CoF, but that does mean your CD rotations need to change. It'll change again when you get 4pc and yet another time when you get CoF, but:
    DoS CD rotation: BC/Avatar > Ramp > Draught > BT (to refresh enrage since Enrage will fall off before RB without 4pc) > RB > OF
    CD rotation while Avatar/DoS are on CD: BC > Ramp > RB > CoF > BT > FS
    What you're doing is hitting OF immediately following DoS (or Ramp if DoS is on CD) and it's wasting BT and RB usage.

There are some times where you're holding onto RB when you shouldn't. BT and RB share a CD of 4.5s before haste so that leaves you with a filler in in between alternating the two (RB > BT > Filler > RB > BT > Filler etc). Occasionally going to be exceptions especially for AoE but that idea helps keep RB and BT usage high as possible.

You casted whirlwind on the fight. Avoid using it for single target unless you're out of range of the target and just can't possible hit it without it (Tichondrius while sitting behind a pillar just slightly too far for melee range rings a bell).

Execute phase needs some work. You're letting stacks fall off and your ability usage inside of it needs work as well. Take a look at the Execute rotation in Archi's guide for more information.

Honestly though CoF and 4pc probably would've put you at or above the other warrior in your group. Fixing your rotation in addition to the gear would put you well above him as he needs some improvements as well (CD usage and talents come to mind right off the bat). You have legendary helm though so that would also give you a nice advantage.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-04-05 at 01:36 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

ya I was still full AOE spec which I haven't used in a long time for our raid since heroic is mostly just a time passer for all but a few fights, that and I ended up talking a lot in discord during some of the fights which took a few of my timings off
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    ya I was still full AOE spec which I haven't used in a long time for our raid since heroic is mostly just a time passer for all but a few fights, that and I ended up talking a lot in discord during some of the fights which took a few of my timings off
    Realistically you always want to carry books and adapt to the fights (they're cheap enough) and honestly Wrecking Ball is weak on most fights. Not having Avatar for DoS is a big loss to it's damage which you didn't use much on that fight anyways (also let it fall out of BC when you did). Trilliax is the only fight I looked at though.

At the end of day though I'm just focused on helping him because he's the one who asked and I honestly didn't look too far into your logs. Was only using you as a reference to where he could be with just a few of those improvements such as the gear itself because you have the pieces he's missing and it was just easier that way. I don't mind taking a look when I had a chance if you wanted, but that's completely up to you.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Oh I know, just thought I'd chime in since it's easy to use as a comparison. Only used wrecking ball for mythic skorp before. Noticing the loss of avatar though was huge with Draught

Sorry it took so long to reply, but thank you phantom for posting our logs i appreciate it. Ill be looking to implement what youve suggested Arbiter thanks for the advice!