View Poll Results: Most Fun Lock Spec

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Affliction

    117 41.79%
  • Destruction

    74 26.43%
  • Demonology

    54 19.29%
  • None...I Quit Lock

    35 12.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Because old warlock class design (sb spam for life) was sooooooooooooooooooo engaging!
    No one is talking about Vanilla here.
    There have been numerous playstyles in the past 10 years that were more than spamming shadowbolt.
    Though, I really miss nightfall procs.

  2. #42
    I see a lot of people say MOP destro was amazing, I feel like there were aspects of it that were great like shadowburn sniping... but charred remains was a bit much, i'd rather have a really powerful chaos bolt that a million meh ones. There were some OP talents though like Kil'jeadan's cunning and Mannoroth's fury...

    On topic, I feel like affliction is kinda boring sometimes but overall it's still decent. Destruction is a bit more engaging I wish it had a BIT more mobility, although planning movement can be fun. Demo just feels outright rigid, but it can be interesting.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2017-11-15 at 05:57 PM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    No one is talking about Vanilla here.
    There have been numerous playstyles in the past 10 years that were more than spamming shadowbolt.
    Though, I really miss nightfall procs.
    I cba to check if I replied to you, but I've specifically replied to a post saying 'Good thing these aren't the devs who will make classic warlocks' or something like that. Hence my answer. And yeah, no shit, I've played warlock ever since end of cata, so I know of plenty fun playstyles.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I see a lot of people say MOP destro was amazing, I feel like there were aspects of it that were great like shadowburn sniping... but charred remains was a bit much, i'd rather have a really powerful chaos bolt that a million meh ones. There were some OP talents though like Kil'jeadan's cunning and Mannoroth's fury...

    On topic, I feel like affliction is kinda boring sometimes but overall it's still decent. Destruction is a bit more engaging I wish it had a BIT more mobility, although planning movement can be fun. Demo just feels outright rigid, but it can be interesting.
    Wasn't charred remains a WoD spell?

  4. #44
    The Lightbringer Caolela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Posts
    3,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post

    Wasn't charred remains a WoD spell?

    IIRC, Charred Remains came in WoD. KJC talent I miss for the kiting that made Destro a blast in MoP; after they nerfed it in 5.4 is when the spec went downhill. Manno's Fury I rarely used except for some raid trash, etc.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    IIRC, Charred Remains came in WoD. KJC talent I miss for the kiting that made Destro a blast in MoP; after they nerfed it in 5.4 is when the spec went downhill. Manno's Fury I rarely used except for some raid trash, etc.
    For me I remember KJ Cunning, Mannoroth's fury, and Archimonde's Vengeance or smth back in MoP. Not 100% sure though. I really liked KJ cunning also.

  6. #46
    Moderator -aiko-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The House of All Worlds
    Posts
    9,372
    Hate hate hate hate Affliction. It just feels boring.

    Demonology is okay...I like the class fantasy honestly of summoning a billion imps but, as complained about by pretty much every 'lock, empowering is a clunky mechanic.

    Destruction is where it's at, although it's not nearly as fun as it used to be. My biggest complaint is that Chaos Bolts don't hit very hard at all...I'd prefer it if they went back to super hard hitting CBs that you need to use more thought to set up. It's kind of lame seeing the massive crits my Arm Warrior gets on EPX2 Mortal Strikes and then seeing the limp noodle CBs.

  7. #47
    Demo and Destro are really close. Affliction is mind numbingly basic and boring

  8. #48
    The problem with all 3 warlock specs, at least from a Mythic raider's perspective, is that Blizzard gets Warlock utility done with Gateway.

    Sure, it was "useful" with KJ orbs, but hey, do we really need to bind a key, which was not used anywhere else, to the mousewheel and roll it crazy-mode to use?

    I say this garbage is waaay overvalued. I'd rather have Dark Bargain back instead of Gateway so I'm useful as other pures with soaks.
    (but still inferior to them due to movement speed issues, but that's ok bc we look cool)
    Also designing fights to use a unique utility (like LeiShen) is plain stupid - at least 2-3 specs should have the same (or mostly similar) utility.


    For the gameplay, Warlocks were always a little obscure to play at the top level. I'm sure most of us liked that aspect of Warlocks - to always find some weird talent/trinket/gear/mechanic combination which shoot us to the top in either usefulness or damage.

    Legion is the very first expansion where we only left with the "dark" side of warlocks. If you look at all the spec changes from WoD -> Legion, the most things removed award goes to the 3 warlock specs.
    Sure, Affliction's damage is OP right now, but is it useful? Would you rather bring 3 locks - 0 mages or 3 mages - 0 locks?
    Can Affliction burst down dangerous adds? Can it save the raid from a wipe by playing at a god-tier level?


    TLDR: gameplay of locks were always weird, but they made up by being useful. Now they just weird with affli/demo being good at boss damage, destro is good on priority damage, but that is all they can do.
    From a not-high-end Mythic raider perspective.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    IIRC, Charred Remains came in WoD. KJC talent I miss for the kiting that made Destro a blast in MoP; after they nerfed it in 5.4 is when the spec went downhill. Manno's Fury I rarely used except for some raid trash, etc.
    Ahh right, in mop was when chaos bolt did mega damage until they had to neuter it and put a dot on it because pvp reasons.

  10. #50
    i find destruction more boring than affliction and demo just does not pay off for the annoying playstyle of the spec.

    overall I don't enjoy my lock much this expansion outside of UA/WiA M+ builds

  11. #51
    The Lightbringer Caolela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Posts
    3,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Ahh right, in mop was when chaos bolt did mega damage until they had to neuter it and put a dot on it because pvp reasons.
    It was mainly because incompetent melees whined about getting blown up by Destros or warlocks, because the 3-button mutant mongoloids couldn't handle using their own very effective tools to counter a good warlock. The DPET and resource cost of a spell like CB has to be considered before nerfing it to hell.

    So now we have the melee-favored meta of Legion, where rated PvP has lost at least 60-70% of its former participants because of an overall piss poor design.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •