Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voshon View Post
    So I just did this and I think I found a major bug. Just for ref my talents were 2 2 2 3 2 1 1

I tanked him with infernal for all of P1. As soon as I heard the other dudes voice I used mortal coil. Then I immediately popped a DPS burst macro I made for this and put everything I had onto the soul effigy. I killed the knight through his effigy and proceeded to skip P2 P3 and go right to P4. I then killed the mage and completed the quest. Also what made this even easier was having Sephuz procing off that coil making the DPS macro even more powerful.

Macro:
    /use Potion of Prolonged Power
    /use Drums of Fury
    #showtooltip
    /cast Soul Harvest
    #showtooltip
    /cast Blood Fury
    So did they fix this ? My Infernal doesnt get any Aggro at all. What the fuck is this Shit. 1 Try it works and the other he just ignores everything
    Last edited by mmoceff7c3a265; 2017-05-23 at 02:08 AM.

On pull, allow Karam to smack you. Then have your pet use taunt. Voila! Karam now will aggro to your pet.

I am unable to verify if this still works as I have already completed the challenge.

Deleted
    doesnt work. i dont know if this is just buggy or not but its just annoying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    So did they fix this ? My Infernal doesnt get any Aggro at all. What the fuck is this Shit. 1 Try it works and the other he just ignores everything
    Did the cheese strat last night and one shotted the boss. 906 ilvl so it still works, i tanked the first hit, used pet taunt and left if for 10 seconds to build agro. I then put down the effigy & took the first phase really slow. Once i hit the mortal coil i popped the cooldowns & went HAM, killed it very quickly then took my time in P4 again.

Deleted
    it only worked once in 5 pulls for me

Thumbs up

So I just did this and I think I found a major bug. Just for ref my talents were 2 2 2 3 2 1 1

I tanked him with infernal for all of P1. As soon as I heard the other dudes voice I used mortal coil. Then I immediately popped a DPS burst macro I made for this and put everything I had onto the soul effigy. I killed the knight through his effigy and proceeded to skip P2 P3 and go right to P4. I then killed the mage and completed the quest. Also what made this even easier was having Sephuz procing off that coil making the DPS macro even more powerful.

Macro:
    /use Potion of Prolonged Power
    /use Drums of Fury
    #showtooltip
    /cast Soul Harvest
    #showtooltip
    /cast Blood Fury
    You sir, are the real hero! One shot him doing this after 40 some attempts since 7.2.

Deleted
    Is that doable if you haven't got your own personal lust/timewarp?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Is that doable if you haven't got your own personal lust/timewarp?
    Probably not without drums, but why wouldn't you just buy them on the AH?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Also used Voshon's method to great success today. 899 ilevel, I'm extremely mastery heavy (141% food buffed vs 12% crit and 16% haste) so I don't know if that was a hindrance or a help. Took some tips from other posters on getting the infernal to tank P1. Running the belt and cloak legendaries.

My entire experience, in a nutshell:

1. Stand on Karam during intro speech. at ~2secs before he activates, pop Unending Resolve and take first hit whilst spamming Infernal taunt to grab threat. Note one stupid attempt where I positioned myself badly and got punted off the platform with the initial hit, derp.

2. Pop effigy and maintain Agony/Corruption on this and Karam. Didn't manage to pull threat off my Infernal at all even rolling UAs on him when shard capped so I assume this isn't a concern. Keep an eye on Infernal health, funnel him when necessary.

3. At 33% you need the well-timed Mortal Coil on Karam that many other posters have mentioned (the 'Useless!' audio cue from Raest is perfect for this). As Voshon outlines, pop your burst macro and unload everything on the effigy. The small adds are pretty slow so just move when you need to and refresh DoTs, dump all shards on UAs into the effigy.

4. If you kill Karam before he gets his Purgatory cast off, it's gg. I ran in circles round Raest whilst my infernal tanked him, popped a seed to spread Corruption to all adds, if you can get them all to die close to Raest the Soul Flame damage is delicious. Once they're all dead it's simple tank and spank.

Have to give massive thanks to everyone who's contributed tips and strategies for us scrubs that don't have Sacrolash yet

Deleted
    I FINALLY did it. Although that "finally" is quite subjective.

I`ve gone at it for 15-20 tries over 2/3hours. I used the tactic from effigy nuke with cooldowns once you coil karam. Even so, i failed a lot. Once or twice i managed to get lucky and kill the actual effigy but Karam appeared to be stuck on 1hp and when effigy gone, he just healed back up to 50% or so. This happened a few times. My succesful try however i killed effigy and karam dissappeared, as in actually dead. From there it was tank/spank Raest and i got my new artifact weapon look

Do note: I really pushed it, in order to get effigy/karam down i was REALLLY pushing it, im ilvl902 with a crappy 913 weap and i believe it was due to lucky crits/shadowflames on effigy that i actually succeeded this way.

Hats off to the people around my ilvl who did it the non cheesy way, im happy as is

I'm honestly not even sure if what I did was a bug now. After the last Q&A they said the entire encounter was working as intended and that all debuffs such as cripple had been adjusted for PvP scaling for this encounter specifically. Mortal Coil IS a PvP fear and normal fear doesnt work for this. I'm just saying.

Deleted
    i just dont understand why my pet doesnt get aggro.

tried it 5 times . nothing
    Last edited by mmoceff7c3a265; 2017-05-24 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    i just dont understand why my pet doesnt get aggro.

tried it 5 times . nothing
    Try the method I mentioned above. Stand on Karam at the start, take the first hit whilst spamming pet taunt and then pet attack whe he has threat. Worked every time for me, ymmv

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosini View Post
    Try the method I mentioned above. Stand on Karam at the start, take the first hit whilst spamming pet taunt and then pet attack whe he has threat. Worked every time for me, ymmv

Or just spam pet attack while taunt is on auto while you're flying mid air. Same thing, one less button to micro manage. Can always hit pet taunt throughout p1 if need be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Can always hit pet taunt throughout p1 if need be.
    As far as I know, he has full taunt immunity if you mess up the opening.

Deleted
    I'm honestly not even sure if what I did was a bug now. After the last Q&A they said the entire encounter was working as intended and that all debuffs such as cripple had been adjusted for PvP scaling for this encounter specifically. Mortal Coil IS a PvP fear and normal fear doesnt work for this. I'm just saying.
    I'd say that Mortal Coil is a talent that is useful in PVP and mostly useless in PVE, but it is definitely not a PVP talent. If it was it would be, err, a PVP talent like Rot and Decay is.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't work - one try it did, but the subsequent goes the infernal lost agro and Karam kille dme, despite the fact I had both infernal taunts on and was very care to keep my dps low so as not to overthreat, and by that time he;s sat building his speed buff and chased me down in like 1 second lol

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Doesn't work - one try it did, but the subsequent goes the infernal lost agro and Karam kille dme, despite the fact I had both infernal taunts on and was very care to keep my dps low so as not to overthreat, and by that time he;s sat building his speed buff and chased me down in like 1 second lol
    That is strange. Took me about 30 kills, first trying variations of the tank-and-burn-Raest strat, tank-and-kill-Karam-using-Soul-Flame strat and the tank-to-skip-p2-but-use-effigy-and-kite strat about 25 times. I only aggroed the Infernal once or twice in total. Are you standing too close to Karam? I don't think I used REAP either until Karam was about to Pergatory.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it is a bug. It would have been hotfixed long before you figured out that burning the effigy (no pun intended) is viable. Maybe it is developers revenge since this almost universally panned talent is key to the encounter and warlocks demanded it be replaced :-) .
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    As it's a vanity item I think they probably don;t care

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosini View Post
    As far as I know, he has full taunt immunity if you mess up the opening.
    Well yeah, if you and Infernal are not standing next to the dude when he becomes targetable then you've messed up already.

It's not exactly rocket science and if you're not able to get the Infernal to grab aggro then you're doing something wrong. Just stand in front of him, make sure to move pet so it, too is next to you and the dude before he spawns. Spam pet attack (with Taunt on) like 5 seconds before he spawns (BW has timers, dunno about DBM but probably does somewhere), he'll spawn and punt you back while you're spamming pet attack. The end. Take it easy at first but taunt definitely works after being punted. I did find it wasn't being used by the Infernal even though it was on auto so was using it on cd. Did get to about 70% aggro at some points but since you need to build up souls for harvest then you take your time anyways. Now, assuming you're paying attention about 34-33% Raest will come alive and have a super fast cast. Coil Karam during this cast and the rest is history.

And like Nebiroth99 said, pet tanking, coil trick, effigy trick would've all been hotfixed by now in a heartbeat if Blizz cared. Hell, they even made a point about how Warlocks were able to use their pet to tank p1 during a Q&A and seemed sort of pleased that trick was found.
    Last edited by Moggie; 2017-05-27 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    Th easiest way for your pet to immediately grab jim is to leave it on defensive and have Karam hit you. My issue was that Karam broke away from the pet later, even though I was very careful about how much damage I was doing.