Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    TBH I don;t think they really care about what happens in this or how people do it, it's just a cosmetic skin

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    No different from many other challenges.

Prydaz makes fight like the demonhunter/frost death knight one trivial as much of what makes the fight challenging is both spec's low recovery outside long cooldowns so it's a DPS check before they die to chip damage. Prydaz trivializes that.

Prydaz also makes the tank challenge significantly easier.

The challenges are tuned to be really tight at 900ilv and they get easier as you get close to ilv910. It's intentional, they want to reward mythic raiders.
    Lol no, rydaz does not have nearly the same effectiveness as the ring for Affliction. Yes it makes the fight easier but the Affliction ring makes it so much of a joke that you can complete the fight with ease at 870.

From what I'm gathering here your requirements for completing this are, have a high enough ilvl, then either have the correct legendary OR bug the encounter out in some way shape or form. Doesn't really make me want to go get this.

Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    From what I'm gathering here your requirements for completing this are, have a high enough ilvl, then either have the correct legendary OR bug the encounter out in some way shape or form. Doesn't really make me want to go get this.
    Nah, you can do it without Sacrolash or bugging it out, in bugging it only let me skip P2 which isn't even that bad, now that you can take both SL and PS I'd imagine it will be a lot easier with Tomb gear lvls.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    I don't believe it is a bug to use Infernal to skip p2. Blizzard took away Doomguard's full-duration cripple, so we just need to use a different tool from our toolkit.
    And the skin is awesome. Well worth the effort. Once your ilvl is high enough, you can probably just mortal coil to skip p2, pop all cool downs and just use the minute to burn Raest.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    I don't believe it is a bug to use Infernal to skip p2. Blizzard took away Doomguard's full-duration cripple, so we just need to use a different tool from our toolkit.
    And the skin is awesome. Well worth the effort. Once your ilvl is high enough, you can probably just mortal coil to skip p2, pop all cool downs and just use the minute to burn Raest.
    Or just do it legit, if you have both SL/SC to burn Raest quickly AND Sow The Seeds/PS to kill the little fuckers I doubt it will be very hard if you're ToS geared.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    I did the mortal coil purgatory method at 891, so doable now in NH gear. Give it a few weeks and the skin will be pretty common and the new hotness will be the kil'jeadan skin.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Won't be arsed.
    /spit@Blizzard

so with tomb out I now have better gear and I am ready to give it another shot. Did anything change because of the class changes in 7.2.5? Or did the class changes make it harder to cheese it?

Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    so with tomb out I now have better gear and I am ready to give it another shot. Did anything change because of the class changes in 7.2.5? Or did the class changes make it harder to cheese it?
    Well, SE is gone, so you can't use that anymore.

I wanted to share my experience because I probably tried about 50 times but my gear was subpar so it took a lot of effort.

I did it as well at 901 ilvl no corruption ring or sephuz. This was as soon as 7.2.5 released. I used mortal coil as well and it really came through in some clutch moments. Legendaries were Prydaz and portal pants (although I only used once).

I used infernal to skip P2 just to avoid getting mentally worn out from the close calls from kiting. Due to my low ilvl, I tried burning Raest like 20 times.. I him down to 8% on multiple occasions, but I couldn't seem to finish it. So I decided to switch and on the kill I actually killed the melee guy first. Here are a few mental notes that helped me greatly:

1) I found myself saving shards for Hand of the Beyond, and often I would cap out and forget to cast UA. So instead of just waiting for the hand the spawn I would dump down to 2 shards as often as I could on the melee guy and I ignored raest. It only took about 2 UA + DoTs to kill the hand if I had an interrupt handy. 3 if I didn't have an interrupt.

2) I cast my portal across the center ring, and would always kite towards one of the portals just in case. This will help because instead of just aimlessly kiting you have a direction to go to.

3) Don't forget about Unending Resolve. I mainly used it if I couldn't kill the hand in time, with Prydaz I could take 1 melee hit and not die

4) Try not to kill the adds too fast. I would seeds to get corruption on them, hit a few with SL to keep my hp full with burning rush active, and toss up an agony or two for shard generation. Other than that they died quickly.

5) Phase 3 I put my pet on follow for 2 reasons. 1 if adds spawned on him he would die. 2 since I was kiting kind of far sometimes, if he wasn't following me he was out of range to interrupt the hand, or took too long to move to the rune.

6) When he summons the rune, if you have to look for it, fear/cripple the melee guy first, many times I lost track and by the time I found the rune he would be all up on me. Don't forget you can Banish it, if it gooes off.

7) I popped all CDs in phase 3 to burn down the melee guy, when he died Raest was barely damaged but the fight is a joke after that

Deleted
    Just did this at 918 ilevel with no ring. I had pillars of the dark portal but used them I think once in the fight.

I think this is legitimately the most frustrating fight I've ever experienced in 10+ years of wow.

What finally clinched it for me was realizing that you can use your pet to stop the summons from completing. I was getting extremely annoyed at having to stand in it while also having to kill the hands and keep karam from me at the same time, but being able to just send my pet there resolved that problem for me.

I used the infernal trick to skip phase 2, not because it was hard but purely because it's annoying af and makes the fight take too long. I had problems making the infernal take aggro at the start of the fight as it seems insanely, almost bug-like inconsistent as to whether it takes aggro or not. However, it seems to work consistently if you put it on defensive and let him hit you. You'll take damage and get knocked back but it never killed me so you'll heal it back up in a bit.

So my 2 tips which should help people out to get this:

1. Use your Doomguard in phase 3 to stand in the summon circles so you don't have to yourself.
    2. Have your infernal on defensive at the start of the fight, let Karam attack you and then the infernal gets aggro. This worked for me 100% of the time but after I started doing it it only took a few tries so I don't know for sure that this is foolproof. This makes phase 1 easy and if you land Mortal Coil while he's casting Purgatory lets you skip phase 2 also.

Deleted
    what % health should you cast mortal coil in purgatory to skip P2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theboycooper View Post
    He phases as 33% (or 1/3 of his hp), and it has to be within that 1 sec cast (I think it is) to skip the phase. I think Snutz has a video where he does it, on youtube.

This is actually quite easy to do now with Netherlight Crucible and large artifact levels. I did it on my Warlock last night in about 5 attempts WITHOUT Sacrolash's, at around 913 ilvl, and didn't even use any consumables. This Warlock has been 110 for about a week. I found it easier to ignore most of the mechanics and just burn Raest at this point.

Basically:

Phase 1: Have Infernal on defensive, let Karam hit you at the start and the Infernal taunts and tanks it fine. Really easy to slowly burn him to 33% from there.
    Phase 2: Interrupt Purgatory with Mortal Coil on Karam to "skip" that part, he continues being tanked by your Infernal.

At this point, just unload on the caster while avoiding all the little adds. I would fire one SOC at each add group and pop it with Drain Soul, then move back to the boss. The Corruption would kill them after a while. If they get close you can use Burning Rush to move away and continue burning the boss.
    When portals spawn, move your pet into them. It only took me around 1.5 minutes to burn the boss (hard to tell in the moment but I'd say it was) at 913 ilvl. Once the caster dies you finish the scenario.

No consumables required. I have only 2 legendaries: the helm and Kil'jaedens trinket. Talents were 2221212, but only Mortal Coil is absolutely necessary for interrupting Karam.
    Last edited by haqd; 2017-10-03 at 10:44 PM.

p1 you can cheese with infernal, then swap to doomguard cause he doesn't re-aggro your infernal (well personally)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theboycooper View Post
    Position yourself around 15y from the melee dude then when he hits 33% raest will should "Useless" or summit like that (cant remember was a while ago i did it), that is your signal to cast mortal coil, as it must be in the air when he starts the purgatory cast so cannot land too soon hence why i recommend 15y, you also cannot wait for the cast to start to hit MC as all castng is locked out.

Then its a case of switch fire onto Raest and go ham, i was 880 ilvl when i did it so i needed drums flask and foods with runes, and had to kill the first hand (just dot it up and interupt the first cast then cast a UA on it and it should die) then just interrupt the second hand while still burning. Pet on portals and i dotted a few of the small adds with agony to help with shards for UA.

Between BR Gate and Cripple was enough to kill off raest before kiting the melee got unmanageable, one thing i did differently to some is i used haunt as i found there were opportune moments where you could get off a lot of UA casts for near MG levels of damage without having to stand still, then just fire off UA's when you can, you wont be shy of shards.

No ring, helm/chest, should be pretty now with gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by haqd View Post
    This is actually quite easy to do now with Netherlight Crucible and large artifact levels. I did it on my Warlock last night in 2 attempts WITHOUT Sacrolash's, at around 913 ilvl, and didn't even use any consumables. This Warlock has been 110 for about a week. I found it easier to ignore most of the mechanics and just burn Raest at this point.

Basically:

Phase 1: Have Infernal on defensive, let Karam hit you at the start and the Infernal taunts and tanks it fine. Really easy to slowly burn him to 33% from there.
    Phase 2: Interrupt Purgatory with Mortal Coil on Karam to "skip" that part, he continues being tanked by your Infernal.

At this point, just unload on the caster while avoiding all the little adds. I would fire one SOC at each add group and pop it with Drain Soul, then move back to the boss. The Corruption would kill them after a while. If they get close you can use Burning Rush to move away and continue burning the boss.
    When portals spawn, move your pet into them. It only took me around 1.5 minutes to burn the boss (hard to tell in the moment but I'd say it was) at 913 ilvl. Once the caster dies you finish the scenario.

No consumables required. I have only 2 legendaries: the helm and Kil'jaedens trinket. Talents were 2221212, but only Mortal Coil is absolutely necessary for interrupting Karam.

I wonder what you did for phase 2, because the infernal is not able to get aggro back

I see, you just switch to doomguard and kite/ignore karam afterwards. put your dots on him and he dies off
    Last edited by Knifttar; 2017-10-12 at 04:28 AM.

Is there a way to better detect the summoning portals for the hands to stand in them? Or do they always span in the same spot?

Updated edit: Nevermind, just got it. I downloaded a WA group to assist with notification. I specced MG, Contagion, Mortal Coil (to cheese phase 2), Sow, BR Sup and Death's Embrace. Pretty easy, just use the portal and BR to kite the small adds while you pump dps into Rhaest. I pretty much ignored Karam after Phase 1.

Thanks everybody for the tips!
    Last edited by Tikishock; 2017-10-12 at 03:30 PM.

I did this a few weeks at at 929 w/ the ring. With this much gear and the ring it was cake, I two-shot it. Failed the first time 'cause I tried to cheese it without actually understanding how to cheese it.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.