Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    afaik the effigy thing still works?
    It does? My bad, thought i'd read somewhere it was hotfixed.

Edit: Just remembered its not being hotfixed, were losing effigy in the new patch, thats why i thought it was not possible to use that method. Whelp today is the last day you can use then them :P

TBH I don;t think they really care about what happens in this or how people do it, it's just a cosmetic skin

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    No different from many other challenges.

Prydaz makes fight like the demonhunter/frost death knight one trivial as much of what makes the fight challenging is both spec's low recovery outside long cooldowns so it's a DPS check before they die to chip damage. Prydaz trivializes that.

Prydaz also makes the tank challenge significantly easier.

The challenges are tuned to be really tight at 900ilv and they get easier as you get close to ilv910. It's intentional, they want to reward mythic raiders.
    Lol no, rydaz does not have nearly the same effectiveness as the ring for Affliction. Yes it makes the fight easier but the Affliction ring makes it so much of a joke that you can complete the fight with ease at 870.

From what I'm gathering here your requirements for completing this are, have a high enough ilvl, then either have the correct legendary OR bug the encounter out in some way shape or form. Doesn't really make me want to go get this.

Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    From what I'm gathering here your requirements for completing this are, have a high enough ilvl, then either have the correct legendary OR bug the encounter out in some way shape or form. Doesn't really make me want to go get this.
    Nah, you can do it without Sacrolash or bugging it out, in bugging it only let me skip P2 which isn't even that bad, now that you can take both SL and PS I'd imagine it will be a lot easier with Tomb gear lvls.
    The Arcane only corrupts the weak..

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    I don't believe it is a bug to use Infernal to skip p2. Blizzard took away Doomguard's full-duration cripple, so we just need to use a different tool from our toolkit.
    And the skin is awesome. Well worth the effort. Once your ilvl is high enough, you can probably just mortal coil to skip p2, pop all cool downs and just use the minute to burn Raest.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    I don't believe it is a bug to use Infernal to skip p2. Blizzard took away Doomguard's full-duration cripple, so we just need to use a different tool from our toolkit.
    And the skin is awesome. Well worth the effort. Once your ilvl is high enough, you can probably just mortal coil to skip p2, pop all cool downs and just use the minute to burn Raest.
    Or just do it legit, if you have both SL/SC to burn Raest quickly AND Sow The Seeds/PS to kill the little fuckers I doubt it will be very hard if you're ToS geared.

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    I did the mortal coil purgatory method at 891, so doable now in NH gear. Give it a few weeks and the skin will be pretty common and the new hotness will be the kil'jeadan skin.

Pandaren Monk
    Won't be arsed.
    [email protected]

so with tomb out I now have better gear and I am ready to give it another shot. Did anything change because of the class changes in 7.2.5? Or did the class changes make it harder to cheese it?

Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    so with tomb out I now have better gear and I am ready to give it another shot. Did anything change because of the class changes in 7.2.5? Or did the class changes make it harder to cheese it?
    Well, SE is gone, so you can't use that anymore.

I wanted to share my experience because I probably tried about 50 times but my gear was subpar so it took a lot of effort.

I did it as well at 901 ilvl no corruption ring or sephuz. This was as soon as 7.2.5 released. I used mortal coil as well and it really came through in some clutch moments. Legendaries were Prydaz and portal pants (although I only used once).

I used infernal to skip P2 just to avoid getting mentally worn out from the close calls from kiting. Due to my low ilvl, I tried burning Raest like 20 times.. I him down to 8% on multiple occasions, but I couldn't seem to finish it. So I decided to switch and on the kill I actually killed the melee guy first. Here are a few mental notes that helped me greatly:

1) I found myself saving shards for Hand of the Beyond, and often I would cap out and forget to cast UA. So instead of just waiting for the hand the spawn I would dump down to 2 shards as often as I could on the melee guy and I ignored raest. It only took about 2 UA + DoTs to kill the hand if I had an interrupt handy. 3 if I didn't have an interrupt.

2) I cast my portal across the center ring, and would always kite towards one of the portals just in case. This will help because instead of just aimlessly kiting you have a direction to go to.

3) Don't forget about Unending Resolve. I mainly used it if I couldn't kill the hand in time, with Prydaz I could take 1 melee hit and not die

4) Try not to kill the adds too fast. I would seeds to get corruption on them, hit a few with SL to keep my hp full with burning rush active, and toss up an agony or two for shard generation. Other than that they died quickly.

5) Phase 3 I put my pet on follow for 2 reasons. 1 if adds spawned on him he would die. 2 since I was kiting kind of far sometimes, if he wasn't following me he was out of range to interrupt the hand, or took too long to move to the rune.

6) When he summons the rune, if you have to look for it, fear/cripple the melee guy first, many times I lost track and by the time I found the rune he would be all up on me. Don't forget you can Banish it, if it gooes off.

7) I popped all CDs in phase 3 to burn down the melee guy, when he died Raest was barely damaged but the fight is a joke after that