Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    I've used G2A regularly for a long time. Never had issues with it.
    Many consumers don't; it's developers who're suffering losses thanks to sites like G2A facilitating fraud of their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    In the real world, these kinds of hyped opinions would be called slander, but online we can say what we want without any proof and still make it stick. I have no doubt that CC fraud took place, but you can't prevent CC fraud. It's literally impossible. America is largely at fault for this, since no other country in the world gives CC to people at birth. It's a selfsustaining climate, which mutes any and all criticism towards the system, because it relies fully on that system.

You would have to proof intent on G2A's side, to make this factually stick. Sadly, no one here cares about facts.

G2A is just one of many. The red line is CC Fraud, yet no one seems to want to address that.
    How would that be slander? First he would of had to of said some sort of lie about them which nothing he said is a lie it's mostly opinion and key resellers are pretty shady it's why they are gray market sites. Secondly the word your looking for is libel.

Well I don't really every play any new games anyway but yeah partnering with the shady shithole known as G2A is a strike against gearbox in my book.

Seriously there is nobody who is going to pay more for the same product if they can buy it cheaper, in fact, if you /were/ running or managing a business you could get fired and or sued by shareholders if it came to light you were buying the same product for a higher price.
    /waves

Hi there, I'm always happy to pay a bit extra to make sure that I'm legally purchasing a game and that the funds are going both a legit storefront and the developers themselves.

I'm happy to pay a bit "extra" compared to the gray market to make sure that the developers I like can continue to get paid and make good games.

Luckily I don't have to intentionally boycott Gearbox, because they seem determined to release nothing but carbon copy games or outright shite ones (like the latest Borderlands)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd call that smart business for consumers then. Seriously there is nobody who is going to pay more for the same product if they can buy it cheaper, in fact, if you /were/ running or managing a business you could get fired and or sued by shareholders if it came to light you were buying the same product for a higher price.

I refuse to buy anything from G2A. I will gladly purchase directly from the developer if I'm able to. Price isn't an issue.

Am I the only one that think gearbox and g2a make a great pairing? Both companies worth avoiding even before that.

I'd call that smart business for consumers then. Seriously there is nobody who is going to pay more for the same product if they can buy it cheaper, in fact, if you /were/ running or managing a business you could get fired and or sued by shareholders if it came to light you were buying the same product for a higher price.
    But a responsible consumer does have to realise the impact their purchasing habits may have on the industry. If sites like G2A become ubiquitous, and you one day find that a favourite developer of yours has gone bankrupt in part because of fraudulent purchases of their products (unlikely to happen to any large studios, but a very real issue for small ones), some of the responsibility for that falls at your own feet.

For those who care about the future of the medium and have the financial means to do so, purchasing from legitimate retailers is by far a smarter move for a responsible consumer. Let's also not forget the overzealous, anti-consumer features many devs have pushed into their games in the past in response to people acquiring them illegitimately. Cheap prices may be good for the consumer, but so is piracy. In the long run it has a damaging effect on the medium as a whole, and then even those reaping the rewards of cheap games end up suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Luckily I don't have to intentionally boycott Gearbox, because they seem determined to release nothing but carbon copy games or outright shite ones (like the latest Borderlands)
    Pre-Sequel?

You do realize they outsourced that game, right? It wasn't actually made by Gearbox. 2K Australia handled that one (hence why everyone has an Australian accent). The last BL title Gearbox themselves actually handled was BL2.

Personally...I enjoyed TPS but to each their own.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

And it looks like the backlash worked at the moment.

Tb posted a twitlonger: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spp1mm

In a nutshell, Gearbox asked TB to bring evidences on G2A's business model and now they gave G2A an ultimatum to change some of their policies, like making shield free and give devs an API to check keys or they will stop the partnership before Bulletstorm is released.

I'm more surprised on Gearbox's ignorance on who are they dealing with than the result.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post

In a nutshell, Gearbox asked TB to bring evidences on G2A's business model and now they gave G2A an ultimatum to change some of their policies, like making shield free and give devs an API to check keys or they will stop the partnership before Bulletstorm is released.

I'm more surprised on Gearbox's ignorance on who are they dealing with than the result.
    At least they are responding to the backlash. That alone is a pretty good sign. They could have gone the "simply ignore everyone and just do it anyway route".
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

It actually turned out to be a good thing they where ignorant at first.

It brought them awareness, which has now led to them informing more consumers of some of the shady shit going on at G2A.

More consumer awareness to G2A makes gearbox's questionable decision pretty good in hindsight.

Now if only clown youtubers/streamers who still support their garbage because they get a large amount of income from them would wake up. Hell I wouldn't be against publishers going full Nintendo/Atlus on content creators who maintain partnerships with G2A and claim all their shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    I wish Gearbox would die already, Randy bo-bandy need to fuck off.

This is ironic to me. I hate gearbox and borderlands bores me to tears but I really like Battleborn.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    video
    Very interesting.

Will G2A comply? Go legit?

Or do they double down?

Personally I think they are doing it to save face.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

[video]
    One of the articles posted on TB's long-Twitter concludes that G2A is not illegal, nor in a place to prevent CC fraud.
    https://lockesjourney.wordpress.com/...y-market-keys/

I fucking rest my case. I rest my case all fucking day long on the head of JTBrig and TB.

I win.

One of the articles posted on TB's long-Twitter concludes that G2A is not illegal, nor in a place to prevent CC fraud.
    https://lockesjourney.wordpress.com/...y-market-keys/

I fucking rest my case. I rest my case all fucking day long on the head of JTBrig and TB.

I win.
    You must have trouble reading because NO ONE has said G2A is illegal. People (Including the link you pulled from TB"s video) says they allow illegal shit to happen. They do no checks on if the keys sold on there are stolen or not. This is them profiting off of people doing illegal shit.

There is a reason its called a gray market and where G2A is located its not illegal to do this. Also how about reading all the other links and watching the video's.

You don't win, you just play ignorant to the topic at hand.

TB made a great point in that no matter how this turns out its a win. Ether G2A straighten's up there act or they publicly show they don't give a shit.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-04-07 at 03:23 PM.

You must have trouble reading because NO ONE has said G2A is illegal. People (Including the link you pulled from TB"s video) says they allow illegal shit to happen. They do no checks on if the keys sold on there are stolen or not. This is them profiting off of people doing illegal shit.

There is a reason its called a gray market and where G2A is located its not illegal to do this. Also how about reading all the other links and watching the video's.

You don't win, you just play ignorant to the topic at all.

TB made a great point in that no matter how this turns out its a win. Ether G2A straighten's up there act or they publicly show they don't give a shit.
    No, you need to learn to read yourself. The thing is, G2A CANNOT prevent fraud. It's IMPOSSIBLE. The cause of this is the CC. Ban the CC, fix the problem. There is no way to verify legitimate keys until months later.

No, you need to learn to read yourself. The thing is, G2A CANNOT prevent fraud. It's IMPOSSIBLE.
    100% prevent it? Nope they can't. But they can do checks to try to stop it and at this time they don't. Many other websites that sell goods do it just fine, G2A doesn't do shit and then charges the customer to be protected.

I know how to read just fine, you just chose to ignore fact.

The fact's are right there in TB's video and even in the link you tried to use against me.

Play Ignorant all you wish if you want, But you are on the wrong side of this. Only fuck's you care about is trying to save buck or two. The demands Gear Box made would change G2A 100% and make it much more safe for publisher's and consumers alike.

If G2A does not fallow thought with it, It shows they give no fuck's about ether.