Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Legion Assaults Removed from Pathfinder, War Supplies Capped, Blue Posts

Legion Assaults Removed from Pathfinder
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve heard a lot of feedback and it’s clear to us that the cyclical Assaults schedule, and the design of the “do all 4” achievement for Pathfinder, weren’t compatible.

World Quests come and go all the time during the day too, while people are at work or asleep, and it’s not a big deal because they’re largely interchangeable. But that would change if we had an achievement required for Pathfinder that asked you to do a specific checklist of world quests. A lot of the stress and concern about “missing” individual Assaults is tied to this achievement, so we’re removing the achievement from Pathfinder via hotfix.

Once this hotfix is active, you will only need to reach Revered with the Armies of Legionfall and fully explore the Broken Shore to earn Legion flying.

Patch 7.2 Hotfixes - April 5
    Achievements
    • The "Defender of the Broken Isles" achievement is no longer required as part of the Legion Pathfinder, Part Two meta-achievement.

Developers’ notes: The rotating Legion Assault schedule is designed to have them active at varying times of day over the course of a given week, to accommodate different work schedules and available free time. We're hesitant to have an Assault last for too long, because they stomp on the entire World Quest content of a given zone for the duration, potentially leaving players with nothing to do there once the Assault is complete. But this design doesn't mesh well with an important achievement that requires completion of all four zones - if anything, it causes stress over scheduling and potentially missing specific zones during the cycle. The Defender achievement was never intended to be a major obstacle on the path to flight in the Broken Isles; its inclusion was more for thematic purposes and completeness. As such, we're removing it from the meta-achievement required to unlock flying.

Artifact Challenges
    • Arcane Mages can no longer use an immunity, such as Ice Block, to remove Arcane Biology.
    • Fixed a bug that was preventing some players from being ported back to the mage tower when leaving the scenario.

Assaults
    • While the Assault in Azsuna is active, Prince Farondis should now be visible to eligible players in Farondale.
    • Vile Soulwardens in Val'sharah are no longer hesitant to engage in combat.
    • Spires of Dread can no longer suffer damage from players' AoE abilities, and they no longer turn to face nearby players.
    • Jarod Shadowsong will now appear for players at the base of Black Rook Hold if they leave the terrace before completing "Battle for Val'sharah".
    • Drol'maz will now respawn even if his Dark Ritualists were not killed with him.
    • Destruction of Fel Spreaders will now grant group credit for “Defense of Emerald Bay”.
    • Fixed a bug where players were not receiving quest credit if they were in a raid group during the intro Legion Assault quests.

Broken Shore
    • The Sentinax should no longer advertise that it is finished recharging when it hasn't.

Classes

Dungeons and Raids
    • The Nighthold
      • Skorpyron
        • Resolved an issue in which Arcanoslash could place an Arcane Tether on a non-struck tank target.

Items
    • Royal Dagger Haft now absorbs the intended amount of damage. For Brewmaster Monks, this absorb amount is always counted after Stagger has reduced the damage.

Player versus Player

Upcoming change to Legionfall War Supplies
    One of the core mechanics of Broken Shore gameplay is that of acquiring Legionfall War Supplies to put towards constructing buildings, which in turn unlock various content and bonuses. Recently, we’ve begun to notice that some players have begun stockpiling their Legionfall War Supplies in order to use them at a later time. While this is fine to some degree, if it were to become a more widespread behavior, it could have severely negative effects on the rate at which buildings are constructed, thereby preventing those bonuses and content pieces from being made available.

Therefore, on Thursday, April 6 at roughly 11 AM Pacific time, we’ll be applying a hotfix that will reduce the maximum amount of Legionfall War Supplies a player can stockpile to 1000. This will ensure that building construction can proceed at a regular pace, while still allowing you to keep hold of several turn-ins worth of War Supplies if you like.

Note that, when this hotfix is applied, any Legionfall War Supplies you have over the cap of 1000 will be lost. If you’re currently carrying more than that, please make sure to turn those extra War Supplies in before Thursday.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brewmasters in 7.2.5
    going to be disappointed if I waste some of the effect on DoT overlap (if this does stack).
    Clarification: Purifying Brew will increase the direct damage of your next Breath of Fire by 50%. We don't want to beg the question of how the DoT interacts with mixing buffed/unbuffed BoFs.

EDIT: And you will be able to Purify without any Stagger, to be clear.

Usually, we don't discuss changes so early in the design process, but decided to try it out here. That's why I've focused so much on our thoughts and intent, not the exact changes we're planning, because planned changes are so ephemeral.

Our design process is extremely iterative. We start with something and tweak it until it's as good as we can get. That means it starts out pretty rough, and solidifies over time into something better, and this discussion is a perfect example of what it looks like to peak into that process.

Continuing this iteration process, listening to your feedback, and lots of internal discussion and testing, we're now leaning toward removing the Stagger cap. (To be perfectly accurate, changing it to an obscenely large value so that it still functions as exploit prevention. If you can get to 1000% Stagger... sorry, that's probably enough.)

So there is basically two ways to "nerf" our ISB uptime.
    Nerfing Ironskin Brew uptime is explicitly not a goal of these changes. We have no current intention to do that. 100% uptime of ISB is totally fine right now. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-04-06 at 10:27 AM.

Another requirement removed? It almost makes you think they should have just given it to players after Pathfinder Pt 1. I might still be playing.

Actually, who I am kidding? No I wouldn't.

10s of thousands of squeaky wheels get their grease. I will happily accept my grease.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Randris View Post
    Another requirement removed? It almost makes you think they should have just given it to players after Pathfinder Pt 1. I might still be playing.

Actually, who I am kidding? No I wouldn't.
    Why are you even here then? I dont get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    They made mistake, they are fixing it. I dont see the problem on taking it also.

What a weak fix to the core issue...

- - - Updated - - -

They made mistake, they are fixing it. I dont see the problem on taking it also.
    Why are you talking to yourself? =)))

just let us buy flying like the glory days

I still follow news for the game in case I decide to come back. Plus some friends still play and talk to me about it so I like to know what's going on.

if you bitch enough blizzard will cave

In other words " We're idiots and didn't plan this properly "

Score one for whiners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than removing it, they could *JUST* make them I dunno, an all day thing? Or perhaps, not
    give such a long downtime?

Either way, it makes sense. Them showing up randomly any 6 hours would hold a lot of players back
    who happen to work, have lives, and so forth from actually getting them. And if they attack zones
    randomly, despite there being few zones, it could get annoying to have missed the one you needed
    because you literally could not be there.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Rather than removing it, they could *JUST* make them I dunno, an all day thing? Or perhaps, not
    That would make too much sense and not pander to the complainers . Really wish blizz would stick to their guns more often.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post

Either way, it makes sense. Them showing up randomly any 6 hours would hold a lot of players back
    who happen to work, have lives, and so forth from actually getting them. And if they attack zones
    randomly, despite there being few zones, it could get annoying to have missed the one you needed
    because you literally could not be there.
    Its probably got to do with the phasing; if you have it last the whole day; it means that you cant do the normal daily world quests in that zone while the invasion is still active ie the felwort and bacon quests popped up in the invasion zone the day before but you didnt do them, so you would miss out on those mats because the invasion was still active.

Probably an easier way is to have the invasion last only 4 hours but have them 3 times in the zone per day, but if you have already done one of them in that zone that day the invasion zone is phased out for you ie its just the normal zone with the normal world quests; otherwise it would probably be an slightly broken way to farm nethershards.

Yea Blizzard let's make Flying worse than it already is by making it more accessible. Fucking impatient and stupid people ruin everything.

Enjoy the damn GAME without complaining for everything that happens... Or at least try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they could have made it just require ONE assault and then rotate the time of the day it happens, but w/e. I'm too excited to get back to flying to care. Less than 3000 rep to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing assaults from pathfinder will surely help me be able to do assaults more frequently!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Yea Blizzard let's make Flying worse than it already is by making it more accessible. Fucking impatient and stupid people ruin everything.
    no life boy