Oakhearts Puny Quods Usage

Hey so this just dropped for me as my first guardian legendary. I know it's not the best one, but it's what I've got and I'd like to try and make the most of it.

Since I got it I've taken to using barkskin on pull to give myself some initial midigation and a head start on threat. I spec'd into brambles since I'm giving barkskin a lot more play than I did before. It seems to be working out pretty well (especially on large mythic + trash packs) but I'm worried if im gimping myself too much by using one of my "oh shit" buttons right off the bat. Still this seems like the best way to take advantage of the legendary mechanic.

If anyone else out there actually used this thing, how did you take advantage of the mechanic. I'm still pretty new to guardian this xpac so any tip on how to make the most of this legendary would help!

Barkskin is a mainly defensive cooldown, and rage is best spent defensively as well (ironfur, mark of ursol, frenzied regeneration). Using barkskin on large pulls (when you're taking high damage) is a good idea of course, nothing wrong with that. In such situations where the whole party is using their cooldowns to maximize damage output, it's completely normal for druids to use a potion of prolonged power, roar in to collect all the mobs and pop rage of the sleeper (and barkskin if specced brambles) nearly instantly.

Once you've done each dungeon a bunch of times, eventually you pretty much know the optimal pulls and can plan your cooldown usage in advance. Barkskin and RotS both have rather low cooldowns so it's somewhat hard to really "waste" them, ideally you want to use these two whenever possible; it'd be much worse to not use them at all for a whole minute or even longer when they're available. The secret to mythic+ is to use all cooldowns on cooldown