Ret Paladin - Mythic+ Trinkets (Faulty Countermeasure vs Convergence)

So I have an 880 Faulty that I usually run for dungeons, nice little burst window on bosses, etc, and even big pulls on mobs. Recently got an 890 conv. of fate. The conv of fate is a flat increase to strength and occasionally reduces (but it doesn't seem like much) the CD on crusade. Is conv of fate the way to go in general over the 880 faulty? It sims higher, but I personally have always enjoyed and found better success with faulty for some reason.

Anyone have a good list of trinkets to run for high mythic+ dungeons?

CoF + Skorp claw is the best for pretty much everything for ret other than boss fights of a specific duration where the CoF won't yield an extra crusade.

CoF is really damn good for pushing M+ as you'll want to be using crusade every single time you can get close to its full duration.

FCM is terrible for multi-target.

Just go look at the rankings here and decide what you want to do: http://thesilverhand.net/retribution...dvanced-guide/

While you can argue that it's situational you most of the times won't have 100% uptime on either wings or attacking stuff which makes CoF pretty much useless for Mythic+. I'd argue that FCM is far superior to CoF because it delivers so much extra damage for boss fights. However if you can get a decent ilvl Horn of Valor it will be more bang for the buck since FCM doesn't offer anything for extra damge during AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    CoF is good for M+ since M+ is essentially a single encounter and you will easily get multiple uses.
    But in raid progression it is either the best or worst trinket. And it varies far too much to be reliably on most cases because fight length changes from week to week. I am not saying don't use it, just that often you cannot even know if it will be good or not.
    I think the problem with CoF in M+ is that if the CD comes up and you're waiting 10s to pop it for the next pack or so you just mitigated 2 procs. If you have to wait 25s because boss is at 15% and poping wings would be a waste, you just mitigated it further. It just feels awkward to use.

Deleted
    CoF is fantastic for higher end runs of m+. Lower ones not so much since everything just dies too quick.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just got CoF last week and was disappointed when seen it only reduce Crusade like 15 seconds, was expected more.

Since not doing Mythic Raids, doesn't looks much better than the DMF Crit proc trinket to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I think the problem with CoF in M+ is that if the CD comes up and you're waiting 10s to pop it for the next pack or so you just mitigated 2 procs. If you have to wait 25s because boss is at 15% and poping wings would be a waste, you just mitigated it further. It just feels awkward to use.
    If bosses are dying fast, that's good, so you don't really need cof for that. When you get to a high enough point of mythic+ that bosses don't die super fast, then there's no need to wait to use crusade on pull anyway, you can easily use in mid-boss fight and still get the full use of crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobor View Post
    Just got CoF last week and was disappointed when seen it only reduce Crusade like 15 seconds, was expected more.

Since not doing Mythic Raids, doesn't looks much better than the DMF Crit proc trinket to me.
    The DMF-Trinket is one of the most underestimated ones. An excellent choice for most of the NH encounters, if you do not have a higher valued stat stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    If bosses are dying fast, that's good, so you don't really need cof for that. When you get to a high enough point of mythic+ that bosses don't die super fast, then there's no need to wait to use crusade on pull anyway, you can easily use in mid-boss fight and still get the full use of crusade.
    I haven't got the COF, but to me it feels like it will be very useful whenever there is Tyrannical in the key affixes. If the key is high enough(at least for me), the usual boss fight duration will be something like 120s - 140s, and that is typically where the trinket shrines. So if you pop your CDs on pull and you might squeeze some more out of the second crusade(maybe 10s, maybe a sweet full 32.5s, or maybe nothing, depending on the fight length)

But to me it feels like the fight length is pretty much around that number.

But hey what do I know, still haven't seen COF in my NH runs...

Deleted
    chainpulls m+10 + r challenging, short boss fights, so CoF (nerfed 2 teh ground) suffers to mana reg etc...

HoV/Arcano(not nerfed)/Foci+[Skorp(Aoe)/FCM(ST)/DoS(ST)](>Krosus Might<StatStick)

/edit:y CoF was nerfed, but not Arcano (bzzd PR stated to not want to dissappoint users...but rets!).
    Last edited by mmocdfc202a8dc; 2017-04-10 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    The point I was trying to demonstrate is that there are times/points where wings is up and if you do not pop it on CD you're effectively wasting CoF procs, thus reducing its effectiveness. These points happen commonly in M+ on both affixes (Tyrannical/Fortified). I'm not saying it doesn't have value, I'm just pointing out its flaws in actual practice. Esp if you know you're planning on using Hero/Lust on said boss and you want to make sure you have wings up for it.

For reference my group and I of mere heroic raiders easily completed an old +18 (2 chested, almost 3, missed by less than 2mins), but saw no reason to go any higher. This was pre-Nighthold.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2017-04-10 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    The point I was trying to demonstrate is that there are times/points where wings is up and if you do not pop it on CD you're effectively wasting CoF procs, thus reducing its effectiveness. These points happen commonly in M+ on both affixes (Tyrannical/Fortified). I'm not saying it doesn't have value, I'm just pointing out its flaws in actual practice. Esp if you know you're planning on using Hero/Lust on said boss and you want to make sure you have wings up for it.

For reference my group and I of mere heroic raiders easily completed an old +18 (2 chested, almost 3, missed by less than 2mins), but saw no reason to go any higher. This was pre-Nighthold.
    FCM will share the same flaw unless you're assuming wings perfectly syncs with what you need when not using CoF.

Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
    FCM will share the same flaw unless you're assuming wings perfectly syncs with what you need when not using CoF.
    Fair enough. This would indeed apply to any on use trinket as well. I typically just use my crit stack stick for most M+s, moreso because I have a selection of trinkets. The other is the Skorp one.

For Tyrannical, I like to use my FCM for bosses only. I have macros to switch out a bunch of sets. For trash I like to use CoF and Hunger of the Pack so I can run fast from pack to pack and get lowering the CD of Crusade faster. When packs are close to each other, I like to use CoF and Claw. It's always situational.