Seeking help with my current idea for a build.

So I'm planning on building a PC in order to play WoW, and the idea is to set up something that can smoothly handle most if not all activities in the game with decent graphical settings, 1080p resolution. My budget is around the 900(USD) range with little to no plans in going much higher as far as the build is concerned - I'm doing this completely from scratch, so I'm planning on setting aside some extra money, about 300 or so, to get things like a monitor and an OS. I've done a little bit of research, and the parts I'm thinking of going with are these:

ASRock Z270 KILLER
    Intel Core i5-7600K
    GTX 1050 TI
    212 EVO

With that, I'm wondering if these parts will work well together for the game. Of course there's a few other parts that I haven't figured out yet, so some help with that would be appreciated. Particularly as far as a case is concerned, I'm completely lost on that.

Deleted
    I assumed you needed peripherals too, besides monitor, since you seem to start from scratch. I left some budget for o/s, you can buy a win10 key from Kinguin for 20-30$.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($234.89 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.38 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI Z270 TOMAHAWK ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($133.89 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($93.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GAMING Video Card ($179.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($62.89 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor ($173.89 @ OutletPC)
    Keyboard: Redragon K552 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($34.99 @ Amazon)
    Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse Wired Laser Mouse ($39.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1162.77
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-06 02:40 EDT-0400

edit: For few more bucks you have the option to get an RX480 instead of the gtx1060. In most games they will be equal but in some AAA games that are vram hungry the RX480's 4gb might come in handy. Then there is the gtx1060 6gb but more expensive. If wow in your main game then i would stick to 1060.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2017-04-06 at 06:46 AM.

I highly suggest not going with an i5 in 2017 with that kind of budget, there are already games that show massive performance differences with only 4 cores.

As WoW is the main focus of the build sticking with intel is the right choice, id do something like this:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($345.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
    Motherboard: MSI Z270 PC MATE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($124.99 @ B&H)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory ($111.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate FireCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($78.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 470 4GB STRIX Video Card ($169.95 @ B&H)
    Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($62.89 @ Newegg)
    Total: $999.78
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-06 02:37 EDT-0400

I understand this is 100 over your budget but the part choices are honestly worth it. A rx 470 will be a lot faster than a 1050ti for only 30 bucks more, got a full sized atx motherboard, hybrid hdd (these are totally worth it, i own one), rest of the stuff is just quality as well.

I picked MSI PC mate because it is the cheapest proper full sized board with VRM heatsinks etc, killer is a fine board as well if you wanted to pay the extra 20 bucks. (i have the x370 killer, good board).

Also keep in mind i only check newegg/b&h/amazon when doing builds, to avoid the more sketchy retailers on pcpartpicker.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2017-04-06 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    I assumed you needed peripherals too, besides monitor, since you seem to start from scratch. I left some budget for o/s, you can buy a win10 key from Kinguin for 20-30$.

edit: For few more bucks you have the option to get an RX480 instead of the gtx1060. In most games they will be equal but in some AAA games that are vram hungry the RX480's 4gb might come in handy. Then there is the gtx1060 6gb but more expensive. If wow in your main game then i would stick to 1060.
    Thanks, especially for the extra help in suggesting the peripherals! I have to wonder about the OS key on Kinguin, though; it seems outrageously cheap, is there anything I'm missing about that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I highly suggest not going with an i5 in 2017 with that kind of budget, there are already games that show massive performance differences with only 4 cores.

As WoW is the main focus of the build sticking with intel is the right choice, id do something like this:

I understand this is 100 over your budget but the part choices are honestly worth it. A rx 470 will be a lot faster than a 1050ti for only 30 bucks more, got a full sized atx motherboard, hybrid hdd (these are totally worth it, i own one), rest of the stuff is just quality as well.

I picked MSI PC mate because it is the cheapest proper full sized board with VRM heatsinks etc, killer is a fine board as well if you wanted to pay the extra 20 bucks. (i have the x370 killer, good board).

Also keep in mind i only check newegg/b&h/amazon when doing builds, to avoid the more sketchy retailers on pcpartpicker.
    Yeah, I see as how the extra 100 could help me out; I'm already around that price, and the i7 would benefit me in the long run. Although, if I'm only really playing WoW and maybe some other game or two like Overwatch, would the i5 really show all that much inferiority in the near future? From what I've read, WoW isn't one of those games that sees too much improvement from i5 to i7, at least not now. But I'm no buff when it comes to sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by CeramicConfect View Post
    Thanks, especially for the extra help in suggesting the peripherals! I have to wonder about the OS key on Kinguin, though; it seems outrageously cheap, is there anything I'm missing about that?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I see as how the extra 100 could help me out; I'm already around that price, and the i7 would benefit me in the long run. Although, if I'm only really playing WoW and maybe some other game or two like Overwatch, would the i5 really show all that much inferiority in the near future? From what I've read, WoW isn't one of those games that sees too much improvement from i5 to i7, at least not now. But I'm no buff when it comes to sort of thing
    That's correct WoW and overwatch wont really benefit from an i7. Its just in 2017 building a machine with only 4 threads at that budget is not the best decision imho. Especially now that AMD is coming out with 4core 8thread chips for i5 prices. You might not play any of the games now, but down the road you might and for 100 bucks i think its worth it.

Nvidia does play WoW slightly better so if you can get a 3gb 1060 do that, my original recommendation was comparing a 1050ti to a 470, in which the 470 was the better choice.

Let me just add, you do not need a SSD if you have a hybrid hard drive like i linked above. I am completely blown away with how fast these things are, it is very comparable to day to day SSD performance for a fraction of the cost.

Oh and about windows 10 key from kinguin, completely fine. Ive bought 3 from there so far with no issues, just make sure to include the buyers protection or whatever its called.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2017-04-06 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    That's correct WoW and overwatch wont really benefit from an i7. Its just in 2017 building a machine with only 4 threads at that budget is not the best decision imho. Especially now that AMD is coming out with 4core 8thread chips for i5 prices. You might not play any of the games now, but down the road you might and for 100 bucks i think its worth it.

Nvidia does play WoW slightly better so if you can get a 3gb 1060 do that, my original recommendation was comparing a 1050ti to a 470, in which the 470 was the better choice.

Let me just add, you do not need a SSD if you have a hybrid hard drive like i linked above. I am completely blown away with how fast these things are, it is very comparable to day to day SSD performance for a fraction of the cost.

Oh and about windows 10 key from kinguin, completely fine. Ive bought 3 from there so far with no issues, just make sure to include the buyers protection or whatever its called.
    Going that extra mile is pretty manageable with the budget, yeah. And it would be nice to have the ability to play other games without much worry of whether or not the computer would handle it. I'll definitely give it some more thought as I get my the money together, so thanks for the tip.