Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

weapon appearance trial

so, has anyone completed the enhance trial? i cant CC out side of cap totem and its garbage for this. so, im just getting beat on by 3 mobs the whole time and cant outrun nor outheal anything.

I gave it a few tries this morning before work. Item Level 905. I'm using Storm Tempests and Ring of the Twisting Nether.

In my opinion it seems like you're gonna need to cleave for most of the fight. Killing these guys one at a time at 200m + HP just seems unfeasible.

I had a bit of a tough time grouping all three together. The guy who throws the axes, I think you can dodge them when he throws them. Golden orbs do appear periodically which replenishes your health. Either after a certain time or HP threshold, three runes appear on the ground, which you need to run over, or they expand and explode basically killing you.

I've gotten them to about 70% before dying. It's just gonna be a series of trial and error especially for us squishy shaman.

Have you tried hexing one of them? you have that and totem so between the 2 and interrupting you should be able to lock at least one of them up.

You know I saw a video of a shaman actually beating this, but he was hexxing some of the adds. Now when I went to try it out myself the adds were immune to hex, did they hotfix it?

i feeling like hexing should be apart of it considering it is apart of our mastery of the class but what would i know.

Do the trials scale with ilvl?

Are they both immune to hex?
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2017-04-03 at 03:20 PM.

yes they do so even closer to 7.3 it should still feel hard.

only CC that works on them is stuns. hex totem they are immune, same with hex. earth grab is unreliable as well. i lasted a little longer with rain fall, then sigryn did her transformation and 2 shot me lol.

I guess this guy beat it before they fixed the hex. I tried to link but I haven't posted enough -.- look up Elderfro on youtube he beat it

When they said this was going to be a trial that challenged your understanding of the class, I did kind of expect to have to use Purge, Stuns, Hexes, maybe even Far Sight. But so far there doesn't seem like there's anything to Purge, everything is immune to Hex and slows, and the arena is too small for you to need more than just ghost wolf to get around.

Honestly it seems like like you should have Leech, get orbs, and just cleave. Not exactly mastering the Shaman class.

i second that. the only video ive found is a 917 ret beating it since they have a long Stun CC so he keeps sigryn CC most of the time and his self healing keeps him up. plus pally charge helps immensly for the runes. its like the trial is a counter to everything that is enhance. hard hitting mobs that cant be CC'd and have tons of HP. only thing i can think of is hoping to get prydaz and roots of shaladrassil and just healing through the pain
    Last edited by Phaty; 2017-04-03 at 03:51 PM.

Yeah it really makes it seem like some legionaries are mandatory, considering I have 6 legends and no prydaz or roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaty View Post
    only CC that works on them is stuns. hex totem they are immune, same with hex. earth grab is unreliable as well. i lasted a little longer with rain fall, then sigryn did her transformation and 2 shot me lol.
    have you tried sundering to interrupt sygrin?

Here is a video of a rogue doing it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7wOA1Pgrhc&t=331s

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    have you tried sundering to interrupt sygrin?

Here is a video of a rogue doing it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7wOA1Pgrhc&t=331s
    rougues have CCs that work on them, can multidot and he has prydaz/evasion/cloak/feign. rogues have a good toolkit for it, shaman have a 2 sec stun on a 1 min timer...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RIPVoljin View Post
    I guess this guy beat it before they fixed the hex. I tried to link but I haven't posted enough -.- look up Elderfro on youtube he beat it
    ok, so you CAN hex sigryn, that helps, but that shaman also had a prydaz which is huge for this. there were moments he was just face tanking them without taking damage then ran when prydaz wore off.
    Last edited by Phaty; 2017-04-03 at 04:37 PM.

The elemental one isn't too bad, at 896 i got her to 60% on the second go before i had to leave, lots of adds though. Will have another crack later.

I can only get her down to 80% as an enhance shaman

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    The elemental one isn't too bad, at 896 i got her to 60% on the second go before i had to leave, lots of adds though. Will have another crack later.
    Hm, I'm elemental too, only at 885, though I've got both the legendary belt and ring, and playing the standard Ascendance build... I'll give it a few go's as soon as it pops in the EU.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Beat the challenge this morning as enhancement. Kept Sigryn hexed as best I could then waited out the hex DR, using cap totem to stun her if she ever enraged during that time. Focused the caster (can't remember the names of the adds) and kited whenever the axe thrower enraged or when the detonating runes spawned.

And that's... basically it. I will say towards the end they didn't seem to do anything. I'm assuming it glitched out once i got em below 20%.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eardawg/simple

I feel like I need prydaz

Quote Originally Posted by Duorunt View Post
    Beat the challenge this morning as enhancement. Kept Sigryn hexed as best I could then waited out the hex DR, using cap totem to stun her if she ever enraged during that time. Focused the caster (can't remember the names of the adds) and kited whenever the axe thrower enraged or when the detonating runes spawned.

And that's... basically it. I will say towards the end they didn't seem to do anything. I'm assuming it glitched out once i got em below 20%.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eardawg/simple
    No glitch. The mobs share health and the Jarl has less health than the others, so at some point in the encounter he just dies and you're basically left dealing with the Rune dude (assuming you keep Silgryn CC'd). All he does is spam shields (easy to dps through even without cooldowns) and put runes on the ground. Assuming you don't fall asleep at this point and get hit by a stray valkyr wall, it should be an easy kill if you make it this far.

If you don't have prydaz, look for the yellow orbs that spawn on the ground during the fight. They'll heal you (only last a few seconds before they go away though). Also, you might need to CC Silgryn more than you are if you're taking too much damage (she was a frog for like 85% of the time I was in there - kind of anticlimactic).
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2017-04-03 at 08:12 PM.