Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Blue Response to BM in Class Development Forums (Wild Call Changes)

Here's the Link:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=14#post-276

They're changing how Wild Call works. Charges won't reset, it'll just reduce the remaining cooldown by 3 seconds and the chance for this happening will be doubled.

Thought this community might want to weigh in, good or ill, on the changes.

Personally, I feel 2 charges should be baseline.

3 seconds isn't half effective? Especially for dire frenzy? i mean my DF cd is almost 11 seconds. Seems like a big nerf.

so they make mantle a useless legendary except for 2 charges on pull?
    thats not "making it more in line" with the other legs

Guess we shouldn't feel bad for not getting the shoulders then, those of us that didn't.

So instead of keeping the current effect of wild call and making the 2 charges baseline, they change the effect to something that sounds like an nerf.
    Great. As if we needed more ... hints that nobody on the team plays a BM regularly. *sigh*

Seems to me this change would turn the shoulders into an orange stat stick. OwtP gives wild call 100% proc chance with every autoshot crit, which might mean crit>mastery, especially once we drop t19 for the ToS set. Not sure if this would overtake bestial fury. I have shoulders, and I really hope they change their minds about this and just make shoulders effect baseline to make all bm hunters happy. Make the spec fun again. It's not like we're destroying meters with the shoulders. This looks like a nerf to our top end.
    Last edited by Inerras; 2017-04-06 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inerras View Post
    Seems to me this change would turn the shoulders into an orange stat stick. OwtP gives wild call 100% proc chance with every autoshot crit, which might mean crit>mastery, especially once we drop t19 for the ToS set. Not sure if this would overtake bestial fury. I have shoulders, and I really hope they change their minds about this and just make shoulders effect baseline to make all bm hunters happy. Make the spec fun again. It's not like we're destroying meters with the shoulders. This looks like a nerf to our top end.
    Seems like a nerf to our top-end to me. And the unintended change of making OWTP the best on that row is probably not something they've even considered....that and I doubt they've even looked at how this interacts with the set pieces going away, etc.

It is ... frankly amazing how clear it is these people don't play the classes they're supposed to develop. Baseline 2 charges for DB, make the shoulders spawn Pepes on every kill command or something, who cares? I feel bad for folks who have *only* the shoulders, but they'll get more Leggos soon. (FWIW I have the shoulders and I have no problem getting 2charges baseline and essentially neutering the shoulders completely).

Quote Originally Posted by Felthorn View Post
    Personally, I feel 2 charges should be baseline.
    Seems like this is everyone's answer. Most likely the reason they don't like it...

RIP BM, shoulders will be behind roots/mask with this change and the spec as a whole will take a big hit. Mantle in its current form is OP with tier19, but with t20 mantle already loses value so this change guts the item and the spec without t19 in a single blow.

Well played as usual blizz.

This would also have the added effect of nerfing stomp/dire frenzy and bestial wrath uptime. Which means another nerf to the belt and killer cobra and bestial fury. So this would be a nerf to our top 2 legendaries because of all the synergy they currently have. Good job devs, GG. OwtP+AotB is starting to look good again, maybe top leggoes will become bracers+thunderslash and boots? Not looking good guys...

I vote make 2 charges baseline, leave wild call alone because it's fun and not over-powered, and make shoulders give hati a 100 yard teleport every 20 seconds so everyone without shoulders can stay mad
    Last edited by Inerras; 2017-04-06 at 10:03 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not playing BM all that much, but in theory, this change is a good thing... whether the numbers add up or not is another thing of course, but it reduces RNG, makes legendary less mandatory etc.

I like it tbh.

I hope all the nubs who kept begging for shoulders to get nerfed are happy now. End result is that the entire class is getting nerfed. It was crystal clear this was gonna happen. I called it. Hunters are such a dumb community. We deserve what we're getting. I wish I had ranged surv to fall back on but yeah...

7.2 has been a shit patch so far, and this expansion is going down the drain after a great start. Good news is that the hockey playoffs are about to start so fuck this game.
    Last edited by Shuken; 2017-04-06 at 10:15 PM.

Hopefully people go make some noise in the thread and they take notice

But blizz is too prideful and hunters are too crab bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    I hope all the nubs who kept begging for shoulders to get nerfed are happy now. End result is that the entire class is getting nerfed. It was crystal clear this was gonna happen. I called it. Hunters are such a dumb community. We deserve what we're getting. I wish I had ranged surv to fall back on but yeah...

7.2 has been a shit patch so far, and this expansion is going down the drain after a great start. Good news is that the hockey playoffs are about to start so fuck this game.
    Quoting myself here to add that the same nubs who kept clamoring for BM leg shoulders to get nerfed are the same morons who are asking devs for thunderslash to get nerfed. Can't wait for all our legendaries to be shit and our dmg to be bottom of the barrel.

Haha, I'm reading the thread right now and it's hilarious. Some hunters are thanking the devs for this change...
    Last edited by Shuken; 2017-04-06 at 10:24 PM.

That blizzard thread is so full of complete fucktards that would eat a mile of blizzards shite if they asked them to do it with a blue post.

This completely destroys the mantle, the fun of the spec in general and our top end performance in a single stroke.

I'm genuinely angry after reading this update. It's not even a discussion or a potential idea like brew master and rogue posts just a fucking declaration of retardation read out to us like Hitler runs the company and we're expected the just swallow their anti fun pills and get over it.

Fuck this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    That blizzard thread is so full of complete fucktards that would eat a mile of blizzards shite if they asked them to do it with a blue post.

This completely destroys the mantle, the fun of the spec in general and our top end performance in a single stroke.

I'm genuinely angry after reading this update. It's not even a discussion or a potential idea like brew master and rogue posts just a fucking declaration of retardation read out to us like Hitler runs the company and we're expected the just swallow their anti fun pills and get over it.

Fuck this game.
    Read past the first page of responses. Most people agree that the change is bad and dire beast should have two charges baseline, with the shoulder effect being something else entirely.

Most people there do not want that change to go through.

Maybe a 5s CD reduction, i'd be onboard with that, 3s is just too meh.

One thing is for sure, keeping dire frenzy buff on pet will be kind of easier now, i feel bad for Dire Beast/Stomp DPS tho.

Since BM is now the worst performing raiding hunter spec (Ya SV is doing well for those playing it well enough) they should either A) buff several things across the board and keep playstyle as is or B) make it harder. Somehow. How? Idk. Less boring. More challenging and rewarding. Like SV. But without as many buffs/debuffs to track and maintain lol.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

They should make DB 2 charges baseline because of many things, 1 being you can't get more than 1 stack of DF on your pet unless you have shoulders OR get a Wild Call proc within that 8 seconds.

I would like them change the effect on shoulders to maybe increase Wild Call proc chance or something along those lines so it doesn't nerf as much and just make the 2 charges baseline.

Also they said that haste will effect the 3 sec reduction they are adding so 3 sec might be baseline then take into account our haste which will probably pull ahead of mastery with t20 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    This will make shoulders even more mandatory with DF/OWTP. Shit will proc so often that a 2nd charge will be mandatory not to waste them. How is this a fix?
    With Dire Frenzy / legendary shoulders, even with 2 stacks you get countless DF CD wasted, since its only optimal to use the skill to refresh the pet buff, thats the whole point of this talent. I have the shoulders, i'm pulling 800k on Krosus mythic with it and i cannot count how long i've sit on 2 stacks of DF waiting for the pet buff to reach 1s so i can refresh it. DF is all about pet buff management, not how many times you can use it in a fight.

Now, if you have a 5s CD reduction, you most often will be able to use DF on cooldown without the worry of losing the stacks on pet, since the buff lasts 8s on pet, one single 5s reduction proc during that period would make it viable to just spend the DF charge at will.

OWTP might be mandatory, but the legendary shoulders wont, since you will now be able to most likely just spend that DF without caring about the pet buff... 100% chance to reduce 5s on DF? Sign me up, i'll delete my legendary shoulder in a live stream if this happen.