Thread: Rogue quest OP?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Its not about the rogue being OP for me it more the way you lose to these kind of decks. you just sit there were you decent opening opening hand and mulligan, and cant do a jack shit about it.. just see the rogue having his quest completed at round 3 and next round the board is full of 5-5.......concede
    Since the start of the season i conceded against every quest rogue as soon as he put the quest up. Cba with such a gameplay. 2 of the rogues i met were miracle, the others like 70 were quest...lot of conceding lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    Found the quest annoying as f*ck first few times I played against it. Then I realized any simple agro deck (lock/hunter in my case) can easily beat it unless you're really unlucky and he completes his quest at turn 4 and has some chargers/murlocks to play. But even then you can beat it.

In turn I'm more annoyed by the priest quest while playing said agro decks. Compromises...
    I actually find it quite hard with zoo and hunter. I think warrior works best against quest rogue

Any aggro deck wrecks it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Any aggro deck wrecks it easily.
    Aggro decks wreck like 90% of other decks. That isn't saying much.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helix99 View Post
    I actually find it quite hard with zoo and hunter. I think warrior works best against quest rogue
    Yep. Taunts work really well against those pesky bastards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Other decks at least have chances vs aggro. Quest rogue has literally no tempo until the quest is complete, so aggro just goes ham and wins.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Not true man, even the best aggro decks like murloc paladin and pirate warrior have only a 60% win rate on average at best.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Murloc Paladin absolutely steamrolls Quest Rogue. I haven't lost a game in standard with Murloc Paladin against it, because the deck is either super slow or really fast depending on draw. Hell, I have had Quest Rogues managing to pull off their quests and still losing because they didn't have the cards to establish board. Murloc Paladin has so much aggro that even if they get the quest out, you can easily remove their minions with buffed up Murlocs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Murloc Paladin absolutely steamrolls Quest Rogue. I haven't lost a game in standard with Murloc Paladin against it, because the deck is either super slow or really fast depending on draw. Hell, I have had Quest Rogues managing to pull off their quests and still losing because they didn't have the cards to establish board. Murloc Paladin has so much aggro that even if they get the quest out, you can easily remove their minions with buffed up Murlocs.
    I would say it's because they're both similar style decks.

Pump out a bunch of small minions to buff them up to stronger minions. The issue being, Murloc is more reliable overall for the most part, and can be buffed higher depending on luck.

Which just reminds me that I miss Slivers from MtG. The same concept of Murlocs, but far more ridiculous with more support.
    http://mtg.gamepedia.com/Sliver

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Taunt Warrior is a more bullshit cheese deck than Quest Rogue is, at least you need to manage your cards right in order to play Quest Rogue properly. Taunt Warrior is mindless spamming of shit minions with OP health stats and buffs like the armorer cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've changed my mind on this, actually, after having played it.

Yes: It's overpowered. It's much too easy to complete, and much too powerful once you do complete it. You either win the game by turn 6, which is a late completion, or you win the game on turn one because you got a good hand.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love making Quest Rogue players instantly concede by playing Kabal Lackey + Counterspell turn one. Apparently they're too greedy to sacrifice the coin and always end up wasting the quest

15+ Year Old Account
    My favourite deck types can't stand a chance against quest rogue, so I usually just instant concede, as from my experience 99% of rogues are doing a quest. That alone tells something about how op it is :P Usually always by turn 5 the quest is already done.

Secret mage is fun against rogues, though. Haven't yet managed to kabal + counter on turn 1, but considering how popular secret mage is, I assume everyone would expect it and play around it. But a few shadowsteps countered have provided some wins.

Where's all warlocks btw? I haven't seen one in weeks, at least in ranked.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    My favourite deck types can't stand a chance against quest rogue, so I usually just instant concede, as from my experience 99% of rogues are doing a quest. That alone tells something about how op it is :P Usually always by turn 5 the quest is already done.

Secret mage is fun against rogues, though. Haven't yet managed to kabal + counter on turn 1, but considering how popular secret mage is, I assume everyone would expect it and play around it. But a few shadowsteps countered have provided some wins.

If 99% of all rogues are using the quest, it's not an issue with the quest, but with the viability of the rest of the rogue decks.

I mean, people consider Murloc Paladin strong, yet there's other paladin decks that are usable.

And I haven't seen many warlocks besides myself screwing around with discard/quest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post

I don't see many Quest Rogues any more. Most of them are Miracle, which is more reliable and handles aggro a LOT better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If 99% of all rogues are using the quest, it's not an issue with the quest, but with the viability of the rest of the rogue decks.
    This ^ Considering the rogue options have been <Insert one new rogue deck archtype here> and Miracle Rogue it should show how stale the class has been. Blizzard needs to step up for how they are designing rogues in HS, maybe even *gasp* allow rogues a greedy and reliable control list for laddering.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Blizzard needs to step up for how they are designing rogues in HS, maybe even *gasp* allow rogues a greedy and reliable control list for laddering.
    So what you're saying is that Blizzard needs to print another "Take a copy of a card in your opponent's deck" for priests so they don't feel less special?

I wanna see a Rogue that isnt "lemme cycle through my deck and pull off a combo before I die".

Deleted
    It's problematic because you need very very specific draws on your part to survive far enough to have a chance if they get to complete it quickly or they don't and they're worthless.

I extremly enjoy to win against Quest Rogue...while im not at all such a type of player, i have to try really hard not rope or bm like a madman when i play against that deck.

15+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is that Blizzard needs to print another "Take a copy of a card in your opponent's deck" for priests so they don't feel less special?

I wanna see a Rogue that isnt "lemme cycle through my deck and pull off a combo before I die".
    N'zoth Jade Rogue was my primary ranking deck before the Standard changeover. It was wildly fun, and deceptively potent. I loved it

It's such a damn shame that Raptors, Pillagers and Brann rotated out, making it no longer viable.