Thread: Rogue quest OP?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    I don't really see and issue with the rogue quest (but it seems we've already come to that conclusion in this thread) but I'm going to voice my opinion anyway. It's "coinflip" deck in most cases, if you draw extremely well you win if you don't, well you don't. With so much aggro in the meta and midrange it's getting ran over. Examples of this is pirate warrior, murloc paladin, and midrange hunter. Something that surprised me is that my winrate against Quest Rogue was actually pretty low with Aggro Murloc Paladin, ended up being roughly 50/50. However my hunter had a favored but still surprisingly low winrate against it. It's definitely incredibly frustrating to play against tho.

Here are my winrates if anyone is interested. Current season from 16-4 so far been taking it relatively slow meta, is super frustrating to play against.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Just beat a Quest Rogue on my Priest. Mind Visioned him turn 1, got the quest, played it. Got lucky on my Thoughtsteal and got a Youthful Brewmaster and the 2/3 combo bounce guy. He conceded before I could play the quest though.
    LOL poor rogue player got trolled. Those card steal priest decks are like that - I had an idea to "make a deck that uses all the opponents minions against him" when I first started playing. The only thing that deck turned out to be good for was making people mad...
    I protest the persecution of the Light in Reality.

Its not about the rogue being OP for me it more the way you lose to these kind of decks. you just sit there were you decent opening opening hand and mulligan, and cant do a jack shit about it.. just see the rogue having his quest completed at round 3 and next round the board is full of 5-5.......concede

Found the quest annoying as f*ck first few times I played against it. Then I realized any simple agro deck (lock/hunter in my case) can easily beat it unless you're really unlucky and he completes his quest at turn 4 and has some chargers/murlocks to play. But even then you can beat it.

In turn I'm more annoyed by the priest quest while playing said agro decks. Compromises...

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    Found the quest annoying as f*ck first few times I played against it. Then I realized any simple agro deck (lock/hunter in my case) can easily beat it unless you're really unlucky and he completes his quest at turn 4 and has some chargers/murlocks to play. But even then you can beat it.

In turn I'm more annoyed by the priest quest while playing said agro decks. Compromises...
    Surely that's not an issue since so few will play priest quest given it forces them to make such a subpar deck vs.. nearly everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Its not about the rogue being OP for me it more the way you lose to these kind of decks. you just sit there were you decent opening opening hand and mulligan, and cant do a jack shit about it.. just see the rogue having his quest completed at round 3 and next round the board is full of 5-5.......concede
    Since the start of the season i conceded against every quest rogue as soon as he put the quest up. Cba with such a gameplay. 2 of the rogues i met were miracle, the others like 70 were quest...lot of conceding lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post

I actually find it quite hard with zoo and hunter. I think warrior works best against quest rogue

Any aggro deck wrecks it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Any aggro deck wrecks it easily.
    Aggro decks wreck like 90% of other decks. That isn't saying much.
    Anyone who uses the word "cancer" as a slang term to mean 'bad' automatically gets added to my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by helix99 View Post
    I actually find it quite hard with zoo and hunter. I think warrior works best against quest rogue
    Yep. Taunts work really well against those pesky bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Other decks at least have chances vs aggro. Quest rogue has literally no tempo until the quest is complete, so aggro just goes ham and wins.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Not true man, even the best aggro decks like murloc paladin and pirate warrior have only a 60% win rate on average at best.

Over 9000!
    Murloc Paladin absolutely steamrolls Quest Rogue. I haven't lost a game in standard with Murloc Paladin against it, because the deck is either super slow or really fast depending on draw. Hell, I have had Quest Rogues managing to pull off their quests and still losing because they didn't have the cards to establish board. Murloc Paladin has so much aggro that even if they get the quest out, you can easily remove their minions with buffed up Murlocs.

Congrats to the 8 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Murloc Paladin absolutely steamrolls Quest Rogue. I haven't lost a game in standard with Murloc Paladin against it, because the deck is either super slow or really fast depending on draw. Hell, I have had Quest Rogues managing to pull off their quests and still losing because they didn't have the cards to establish board. Murloc Paladin has so much aggro that even if they get the quest out, you can easily remove their minions with buffed up Murlocs.
    I would say it's because they're both similar style decks.

Pump out a bunch of small minions to buff them up to stronger minions. The issue being, Murloc is more reliable overall for the most part, and can be buffed higher depending on luck.

Which just reminds me that I miss Slivers from MtG. The same concept of Murlocs, but far more ridiculous with more support.
    http://mtg.gamepedia.com/Sliver