Deleted

Blizzard needs to do more quests like this

I'm talking about two particular quests. Don't read if you haven't done the quests and you don't want it spoiled.

Both quests are in the artifact skin questlines of patch 7.2.

One is in the questline that starts with "The Folly of Levia Laurence" for Feral Druids, Outlaw Rogues, Unholy Death Knights, Fury Warriors, Fire Mages and Elemental Shamans, where you end up fighting Agatha.

The quest "Dabbling in the Demonic" requires you to stabilize a portal by activating certain runes. There are 6 runes, that all have different effects, some of them fatal when used in combination. So you have to find out which ones work well together and which ones will kill you immediately. How do you find out? By reading all of the books in the room and then memorizing and taking notes. It's a nice little riddle, that requires you to read, pay attention and think.

The other quest is in the questline that starts with "The Thieving Apprentice" for Survival Hunters, Subtlety Rogues, Havoc Demon Hunters, Frost Death Knights and Arms Warriors, where you end up fighting Archmage Xylem.

The quest "Order of Incantations" requires you to activate certain gems in the right order, in order to open the barrier, that prevents you from getting into the tower. Again, you find this out by gathering information, this time by talking to Xylem's "apprentici" outdoors. Activate the gems in the wrong order and you are blasted away.

These quests are unlike anything I have seen in this game in a long time. It used to be that we needed to read quest texts to know what we had to do. Nowadays, we usually just have to look on the map and go to the marked spot and then kill whatever is there, pick up whatever sparkles etc.

These two quests are not only very unique and a nice change of pace, they reward you for paying attention. In the time I stood there to read the quest text, there were at least 5 players approaching the barrier and then dying instantly, because they hastily clicked the gems in the wrong order without giving it any thought. Personally I would love to see much more of this.

Big fan of quests like this. Anything that requires you not to kill/collect x amount of y is a breath of fresh air. Totally digging the Kirin Tor WQ's - especially the enigma ones.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes I loved figuring out the Runes for the portal or Gems for the tower on my own, using the available clues, and no online guides.

It's part of the game where you get some "1st time through new content is best cause it's new" feeling back.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only one of those artifact quests I've done was on my mm hunter, and that was to bypass those runes in the cave on Broken Shore. I kept dying but then probably got lucky/somewhat figured it out and got to the guy. Always pretty satisfying to beat that.

I don't know why people complain about the Like the Wind wqs, as they're easy when you get used to them.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I couldn't agree more.

I loved doing the quest as Fury, especially since I'm a Warrior messing with magical glyphs... :P

A bit of puzzling is nice now and then, like the Kirin Tor quests too. So satisfying when you figure out the solution to such puzzles but understandable that they can't show up all the time, sadly.

But would definitely like to have more puzzles, so much fun! ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eythorian View Post
    Big fan of quests like this. Anything that requires you not to kill/collect x amount of y is a breath of fresh air. Totally digging the Kirin Tor WQ's - especially the enigma ones.
    The Kirin Tor quests are really nice, as they are really so different from the usual quests we do, but they are still somewhat un-RPG like. They are this whack thing that you wouldn't expect in a game like WoW.

The two artifact questline quests though really fit in with the game perfectly, as they are tied to the story and involve objects and magic from this world, like runes, spells and magical objects. It really encourages you to interact with the world and feel immersed in it.

Deleted
    I liked the quest "The day deathwing came". And would love more quests like that.