10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Crashes but bullshizz

I only crash in competitive games but maybe it is because I do not play much quick play. My game will crash to a black screen and bnet becomes unresponsive. I can hear people talk, gameplay, and even text sometimes. People say "omg leaver" and stuff and it shows that I am disconnected even when I am not then I proceed to lose 50 SR and can not reconnect no matter what. Is that a bnet application issue? It is pissing me off beyond belief and customer support has their head up each other's asses.

Quote Originally Posted by zesilo View Post
    I only crash in competitive games but maybe it is because I do not play much quick play. My game will crash to a black screen and bnet becomes unresponsive. I can hear people talk, gameplay, and even text sometimes. People say "omg leaver" and stuff and it shows that I am disconnected even when I am not then I proceed to lose 50 SR and can not reconnect no matter what. Is that a bnet application issue? It is pissing me off beyond belief and customer support has their head up each other's asses.
    Rule 1 of crashes, google what happened + your operating system, if it is happening to others they may have a fix you can do.

Rule 2 of crashes, if you don't see a lot of people screaming about the same problem at the same time you are then more than likely it isn't the game companies fault. If it is the game companies fault it is going to effect a lot of people as they are the source, if a door bug crashes your game it will most likely crash the majority of players games and not just yours.

Rule 3 of crashes, Assume it is your shit that has the problem before you assume that the company is at fault. If you spend less time blaming others for your problems the quicker you can do the things that need to be done to fix the problems on your end.

Rule 4, check for graphic card updates, run malewarebytes, superantispyware, yourvirus protection of choice, check your computer for registry errors, hard drive sector failures, reseat your ram, reseat your graphic card, blow the dust out of your computer, check its temps, check that your drivers are up to date, repair your windows, check for windows updates.

Rule 5, once you check your shit -THEN- you can assume there is something in Blizzards end that is the problem and contact them with details about your problems and don't be a dick to them just because you are pissy that you can't get your game on.

A simple google search for "black screen stillcan hear overwatch" came up with a few sites and you can see some resolutions to problems here, http://www.forceclaw.com/tweaks/over...xes-amd-nvidia , you mileage may vary.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-04-08 at 07:55 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Rule 1 of crashes, google what happened + your operating system, if it is happening to others they may have a fix you can do.

Rule 2 of crashes, if you don't see a lot of people screaming about the same problem at the same time you are then more than likely it isn't the game companies fault. If it is the game companies fault it is going to effect a lot of people as they are the source, if a door bug crashes your game it will most likely crash the majority of players games and not just yours.

Rule 3 of crashes, Assume it is your shit that has the problem before you assume that the company is at fault. If you spend less time blaming others for your problems the quicker you can do the things that need to be done to fix the problems on your end.

Rule 4, check for graphic card updates, run malewarebytes, superantispyware, yourvirus protection of choice, check your computer for registry errors, hard drive sector failures, reseat your ram, reseat your graphic card, blow the dust out of your computer, check its temps, check that your drivers are up to date, repair your windows, check for windows updates.

Rule 5, once you check your shit -THEN- you can assume there is something in Blizzards end that is the problem and contact them with details about your problems and don't be a dick to them just because you are pissy that you can't get your game on.

A simple google search for "black screen stillcan hear overwatch" came up with a few sites and you can see some resolutions to problems here, http://www.forceclaw.com/tweaks/over...xes-amd-nvidia , you mileage may vary.
    Thank you. I have done a lot of what you mentioned but you are right blaming someone else is not going to help me. I can not find a fix so I guess I will just start troubleshooting myself. Thank you AGAIN because your post really did help me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try blizzard's forums if there are any of overwatch, and see if more people have this problem
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Also I would advise staying off of competitive until you get this worked out 100%, since leaving too much can end up in penalties like being banned from Competitive (at least last I heard).

Quote Originally Posted by zesilo View Post
    Thank you. I have done a lot of what you mentioned but you are right blaming someone else is not going to help me. I can not find a fix so I guess I will just start troubleshooting myself. Thank you AGAIN because your post really did help me.
    In the least sweeping your own system first will make your machine more efficient over all, most people don't bother with this stuff when they don't have problems and the neglect of the basics just makes it more likely to cause more problems down the line.

I've spent the last two weeks with overwatch crashes that lead to bsod and mass effect Andromeda not working at all. After stabbing in the dark repeatedly I found the driver I stored all my games on was old and dying leading to the BSOD and Mass Effect Andromeda didn't like having my Asus Mobo set on overclock. After doing all the stuff I listed above I doubled the speed of my boot up and my in game loading screens, mostly after updating the motherboard bios.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

I actually had this issue, it was weird, but it was solved by updating my gfx drivers. I guess that didn't work for you so here's my hat in hoping you can find the answer