Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilpor View Post
    No thanks. I was really only a few points short in last season on my own(-50), and I'd like to get ready for the competition in the next season of course, but the current transmog is looking bad. I want a past season's transmog to work towards it. The reason I wasn't able to get the last season's transmog is because I kept losing partners because they give up playing. The game is not as it was before and because of that, some things need to change with it.
    "I worked as hard as I could, but I could not reach the requirements. But, I would still like to get the transmog that I was not able to get while trying my best because I carried my 1-2 team mates. This is ofcourse not my own fault, as the game punishes me by trivializing elite pve transmog."

The only PvE elite gear I know of is the stuff from ToES if you kill protector last.

I still want reasons to play this game and one reason is pvp now, and what I want is unobtainable.
    ???
    Last edited by Egor2765; 2017-04-08 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkwizit View Post
    I can see both points but I feel like if you achieve 2.2k (maybe 2.4k for previous sets) you should be allowed to purchase any 2k elite set in the past outright. award people for skill, not farming CP / Honor etc. Be nice to have something which you just earn for skill base. so if you get 2k early in the season, you earn to have the look way before anyone else.

with CM gear, I think this should all be unlocked with new expansion with a new way of getting it or scale up the dungeon maybe? unfair on new players, people who re roll (dh's etc)

- - - Updated - - -

quite a valid point tbh.

I very much agree with anything said here, and I am happy to see that some got the point. Make the sets easy to obtain during the season and hard afterwards, so in this way, your reward is that you obtained it for cheap rating during the season while if I missed it, I should work harder for it. I feel like that is fair and maintaining the prestige, but I also feel like that should happend to pve elite transmog as well to some extent. People have become too entitled...

No, don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Egor2765 View Post
    "I worked as hard as I could, but I could not reach the requirements. But, I would still like to get the transmog that I was not able to get while trying my best because I carried my 1-2 team mates. This is ofcourse not my own fault, as the game punishes me by trivializing elite pve transmog."

The only PvE elite gear I know of is the stuff from ToES if you kill protector last.

???

I still want reasons to play this game and one reason is pvp now, and what I want is unobtainable for invalid reasons.

Please don't take things out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No, don't do that.
    Why not ?
    Last edited by emilpor; 2017-04-08 at 10:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything should be available to everyone. Im tired of the pick and choose bullshit. When they took the drakes out of the game from glory of the raider for naxx in wrath, but left the drakes in for every other "glory of" since, the system became crap.

Why not ?
    Let them be prestigious.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Everything should be available to everyone. Im tired of the pick and choose bullshit. When they took the drakes out of the game from glory of the raider for naxx in wrath, but left the drakes in for every other "glory of" since, the system became crap.
    Valid point.
    I say, since they messed up, they could fix it by restoring availability to some items that were dealt badly in terms of balance between pve and pvp. But maybe keep the really hard ones unobtainable for prestige(ex. mounts).
    If they chose to continue with this system, it would be fair to release a hotfix that balances out the differences, ex: remove all Invincible from the ones that didn't get it while ICC was current tier, so it can get appreciated as gladiator mounts are, as well as the elite gear transmogs for those who didn't play while tier was current. All that, applied to every raid tier up to today and remove all 1 % drop chance for mounts and mythic gear transmog drops.
    Make it fair, or fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Let them be prestigious.
    They are not prestigious. The prestige is an illusion caused by entitlement.
    Prestigious is to have Gladiator achievement rewards. I will let that be prestigious, ofc. Hands off that one. (even though, it was prestigious to obtain a mythic mount as well while it was current and there is still a chance in game to be obtained by a pleb, but I won't go there any further)
    Elite gear transmog being seasonal reward is just an entitlement that doesn't make sense.

They are not prestigious.
    Yes, they are.

The prestige is an illusion caused by entitlement.
    They are because only skilled people in PvP could get them.

Prestigious is to have Gladiator achievement rewards.
    Agree.

You wanted elite gear? Then you should've played then, not now. Some seasons are easier for some classes. It'd be unfair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Valid point.
    I say, since they messed up, they could fix it by restoring availability to some items that were dealt badly in terms of balance between pve and pvp. But maybe keep the really hard ones unobtainable for prestige(ex. mounts).
    If they chose to continue with this system, it would be fair to release a hotfix that balances out the differences, ex: remove all Invincible from the ones that didn't get it while ICC was current tier, so it can get appreciated as gladiator mounts are, as well as the elite gear transmogs for those who didn't play while tier was current. All that, applied to every raid tier up to today and remove all 1 % drop chance for mounts and mythic gear transmog drops.
    Make it fair, or fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

They are not prestigious. The prestige is an illusion caused by entitlement.
    Prestigious is to have Gladiator achievement rewards. I will let that be prestigious, ofc. Hands off that one. (even though, it was prestigious to obtain a mythic mount as well while it was current and there is still a chance in game to be obtained by a pleb, but I won't go there any further)
    Elite gear transmog being seasonal reward is just an entitlement that doesn't make sense.
    Do u know what kind of uproar there would be if they issued a hotfix that took away mounts that people farmed for years to get? If anything they should put things back into the game that they took away for basically no reason...

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I still want reasons to play this game and one reason is pvp now, and what I want is unobtainable for invalid reasons.

Please don't take things out of context.
    Please don't take things out of context you write while going on a ramble about how you were a heroic raider in wotlk and mythic raider in WoD and how your "rewards" have been undermined by the next expansion. And how suddenly you weren't able to reach 2k rating because you had partners you couldn't carry so you ended up 50 points lower (Surprise! You were at 1,867 rating not 1950) than the cutoff.
    Oh and did I mention any dips**t can get it done. "It" being PvE content or elite gear from PvP I suppose. Oh wait, I didn't - you did. Oh and I forgot invalid reasons actually only being invalid inside of your head.

You're providing things out of context. Namely the comparison between raids and elite PvP gear. And not only that, you're suddenly very concerned about the gear you "earned" when it was current content being used by other people. Can you not just be glad on their behalf, that they get to use it? Or must it be me-me-me?

Now I am a dipshit myself and the first time I bothered to try to reach the magical 2k rating I managed in a couple of days here in Legion and the last season of WoD. I doubt it has ever been easier. So go out there and do it instead of feeling entitled to the same rewards other people have accomplished no matter how hard or easy it was.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Do u know what kind of uproar there would be if they issued a hotfix that took away mounts that people farmed for years to get? If anything they should put things back into the game that they took away for basically no reason...
    I know man, I just wanted to make a point. I also farmed the mount from Ragnaros quite a lot and I would feel bad if I lost it, but if they hold to their stupid theory about elite transmog being prestigious, "then I'd be happy to lose it in favor of fixing the mythic reward counterpart, since I have some of those too from when they were current tier and hard to obtain, and I'd also like to be prestigious about it." JK
    Just make the damn transmogs available for a higher rating since it's more than reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Please don't take things out of context you write while going on a ramble about how you were a heroic raider in wotlk and mythic raider in WoD and how your "rewards" have been undermined by the next expansion. And how suddenly you weren't able to reach 2k rating because you had partners you couldn't carry so you ended up 50 points lower (Surprise! You were at 1,867 rating not 1950) than the cutoff.
    Oh and did I mention any dips**t can get it done. "It" being PvE content or elite gear from PvP I suppose. Oh wait, I didn't - you did. Oh and I forgot invalid reasons actually only being invalid inside of your head.

You're providing things out of context. Namely the comparison between raids and elite PvP gear. And not only that, you're suddenly very concerned about the gear you "earned" when it was current content being used by other people. Can you not just be glad on their behalf, that they get to use it? Or must it be me-me-me?

Now I am a dipshit myself and the first time I bothered to try to reach the magical 2k rating I managed in a couple of days here in Legion and the last season of WoD. I doubt it has ever been easier. So go out there and do it instead of feeling entitled to the same rewards other people have accomplished no matter how hard or easy it was.
    Booo ho, so it was 80 points off that what I said. It was really close anyway. I didn't take anything out of any context, I just didn't remember it exactly. Boo fkin ho. I reached that value several times over before they made my spec below mediocre and I struggled to find a reliable partner, so what ? I wasn't able to get it because I couldn't find a reliable partner, because they keep unsubing. I still want to push for more and get better, but not for the current season's elite transmog. That's not motivation for me. AND still, I'm willing to pay for it harder than those who got it easy in the season.
    It was a motivation to do it or last season's transmog because I like it specifically.
    And let's not forget that you can get the elite transmog from EN now with your pvp gear, all you had to do is wait. Not to mention it will be ultimately trivial after ToS comes out. That's not fair. Not even by a long shot.
    Either both go, or none of them go. It should be that simple.
    Last edited by emilpor; 2017-04-08 at 11:12 AM.

I still want to push for more and get better, but not for the current season's elite transmog. That's not motivation for me
    so give blizzard the feedback that they should be designing better looking elite gear

AND still, I'm willing to pay for it harder than those who got it easy in the season
    "those who got it easy" easy yet something you were unable to do yourself? so clearly not that easy?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Booo ho, so it was 80 points off that what I said. It was really close anyway. I didn't take anything out of any context, I just didn't remember it exactly. Boo fkin ho. I reached that value several times over before they made my spec below mediocre and I struggled to find a reliable partner, so what ? I wasn't able to get it because I couldn't find a reliable partner, because they keep unsubing. I still want to push for more and get better, but not for the current season's elite transmog. That's not motivation for me. AND still, I'm willing to pay for it harder than those who got it easy in the season.
    It was a motivation to do it or last season's transmog because I like it specifically.
    And let's not forget that you can get the elite transmog from EN now with your pvp gear, all you had to do is wait. Not to mention it will be ultimately trivial after ToS comes out. That's not fair. Not even by a long shot.
    You made a PvP thread and now you're slowly turning it into a rant about PvE. Dont mash them together, they're not the same.
    And you're obviously fooling yourself when telling yourself "I'm willing to pay for it harder than those who got it easy in the season".

10+ Year Old Account
    they should unlock old elite set on all characters if you already unlocked it on your main at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    they should unlock old elite set on all characters if you already unlocked it on your main at the time
    This is already the case. All my characters can use the elite sets I unlocked. Within class ofcourse.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2017-04-08 at 11:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    This is already the case. All my characters can use the elite sets I unlocked. Within class ofcourse.
    think he means for all classes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    think he means for all classes
    yes all classes playing at year X and unlocking it is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    so give blizzard the feedback that they should be designing better looking elite gear

"those who got it easy" easy yet something you were unable to do yourself? so clearly not that easy?
    If you've been reading up on the comments, some of them say it was easy. I was only picking up from their perspective. Its nice how some ppl look for any detail to screw with what I say... I do believe they are not that easy to obtain as I wasn't able to obtain them, but as I've said, I will repeat one last time, I will (and NOT ONLY ME) work even harder for them if there is a spark of hope that I can get them in the future.

You made a PvP thread and now you're slowly turning it into a rant about PvE. Dont mash them together, they're not the same.
    And you're obviously fooling yourself when telling yourself "I'm willing to pay for it harder than those who got it easy in the season".

Am I really ? Are you kidding me ? I wrote 2 sentences out of a 10 line post (that you quoted) about pve and you see it as turns into pve rant ? Get a grip man and don't try too hard. If you became confused somehow, I want to assure you that I still mean what was said in the main topic which is "make the old elite pvp transmog available".

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    (...)Its nice how some ppl look for any detail to screw with what I say... (...)
    If you stopped comparing apples to oranges I wouldn't even have thought about commenting in this thread. But, again: the whole my-my mythic gear = elite PvP gear is bogus as I've written before.

(...)Am I really ? Are you kidding me ? I wrote 2 sentences out of a 10 line post (that you quoted) about pve and you see it as turns into pve rant ? Get a grip man and don't try too hard. If you became confused somehow, I want to assure you that I still mean what was said in the main topic which is "make the old elite pvp transmog available".
    Perhaps it is, but you're making the wrong argument. Look at all this (putting in one single quote bubble as it will be too long otherwise) :

(...)
    There shouldn't be any reason to be honest, since their pve counter parts are still obtainable anytime after the current tier becomes irrelevant.

Mythic gear is still available to pvp f**kheads after the expansion is over, that's why they are so over privileged and fail to see the truth.

Challenge modes were available the entire expansion and very hard to obtain, it is not even nearly an accurate comparison. The most accurate comparison is Mythic Raiding. No one said anything about heroic, heroic is for the below "2000" rating.

You guys have this entitlement feeling about this matter because you ALREADY GOT the pve counterparts for 0 effort. But there is and was a ton of effort put into mythic transmog sets as well when they were current. It's not only the pvp-ers that worked for their transmog.

This is rly unfair for PvE players that want to start playing pvp competitively and target a specific set transmog and can't reach it in 1 season because it wasn't enough time

Hands of your f**king accomplishments????? What about the mythic raider's accomplishments when the tier was relevant??? 100 % invalid point.

But that's not the point, the point is: why aren't they treated the same as the pve counterpart?

Because they failed with this system when they trivialized elite pve transmog, they should implement different seasonal rewards for pvp, other than elite season transmog.

I've been a heroic raider while WOTLK was current, I got my Invincible when it was current, now every dips**t runs around with it, not to mention the elite transmog. I worked my a** off for that accomplishment. As well as I was a mythic raider in WoD(when I returned), I worked my ass off for the blackhand and archimonde mounts when they were current, even if they trivialized obtaining them by the end of the expansion, I'm not mad... I'm ok to share. But, again, every dips**t can get it now since there is still a 1 % drop chance (which is not the case for pvp). And those mounts are real achievement to get. You really need to dedicate time and commitment to a guild to obtain 1 out of 20 before tier is considered irrelevant and they get droped to 1 %.
    Getting the pve elite transmog while the tier is current is a privilege of the moment, it then gets trivialized why????

I feel like that is fair and maintaining the prestige, but I also feel like that should happend to pve elite transmog as well to some extent.

Make it fair, or fix it.

I also farmed the mount from Ragnaros quite a lot and I would feel bad if I lost it, but if they hold to their stupid theory about elite transmog being prestigious, "then I'd be happy to lose it in favor of fixing the mythic reward counterpart, since I have some of those too from when they were current tier and hard to obtain, and I'd also like to be prestigious about it." JK

And the best for last (with direct post quotes) :

I really like that second last sentence "current and there is still a chance in game to be obtained by a pleb, but I won't go there any further"
    I'll simply put it by quoting yourself:

People (like OP) have become too entitled...
    oops
    Last edited by Egor2765; 2017-04-11 at 12:27 PM.

You can thank the people who want to remain special snowflakes for it never happening. No one bats an eye at old top tier raiding sets remaining available after the tier is over because the prestige comes in having it when its current but pvpers cant handle that sort of situation.