Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

BM hunter separation anxiety needs a nerf

That talent is not fun and requires no skill. I had a hunter sit in a room while his pet ate me alive. A hunter can sit behind a pillar all game and press 2 buttons to win.

BM need Masters-call and Entrapment back badly, as it stands today kiting is near impossible.

Bring that as well as better healing and then we can talk.
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-04-09 at 09:01 PM.

Imo BM should not even be a spec, considering that it's just MM but every damage is dealt with the pet, and it'"s not very original. So I agree somewhat. That's probly why DH came with only 2 spec, there're sometimes no point for a 3rd spec.

Beast Master is a great spec that has always filled a particular niche in WoW -pets! It's a woundwdul fantasy that is not for every one.

Separation Anxiety Honor Talent
    Requires Hunter (Beast Mastery)
    Requires level 25
    Requires honor level 25
    When your pet attacks a target alone without your assisting for 5 sec, it becomes enraged increasing its damage by 50%. Attacking your pet's target calms it down, removing the enrage.

Not sure how popular this talent is seeing how the other option is an execute?

When your pet attacks a target alone without your assisting for 5 sec, it becomes enraged increasing its damage by 50%. Attacking your pet's target calms it down, removing the enrage.
    That's basically a talent for a pet, not for a spec. Well BM is all about the pet so it fits , and some may like it. I dislike pets generally speaking personally, and when I am on my hunter, I like to play my hunter not his pet.

As for the efficiency of the talent, the execute is probably better against a single opponent, and this talent good when you attack 2 targets in arenas at once, helping to keep pressure on both enemies at once, to finally win. (not tested by me)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    That talent is not fun and requires no skill. I had a hunter sit in a room while his pet ate me alive. A hunter can sit behind a pillar all game and press 2 buttons to win.
    Why did you let the pet eat you alive? Why didn't you kill it? How can you be posting here if you're already dead? Are you a ghost?

I think it is kind of a stupid way to play BUT that is just my opinion. Personally I haven't had a problem facing one BM but did play an arena skirmish against 2 of them and it was overwhelming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Not sure why you would pick an execute over 100% uptime on your pet executing your target

Deleted
    It is litterally the worst designed talent I've seen in this expansion, BM hunters just running around all pillars all game while pets auto win vs you.

Maybe when they fix this they could fix the 25 % mortal strike hunters get from pet and reduce it to 10 % like all other classes.

The other talent is actually the reduce cooldown of bestial wrath and break fears. The execute talent is in the dire beast hawk/basilisk row.

Quote Originally Posted by Daieon View Post
    Not sure why you would pick an execute over 100% uptime on your pet executing your target
    It depends on the type of pvp you are doing. Once you get down to a 1 v 1 scenario it isn't a huge gain and can be easily countered.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    BM need Masters-call and Entrapment back badly, as it stands today kiting is near impossible.

Bring that as well as better healing and then we can talk.
    lol, if bm hunters got better healing they would serioulsy be the most aids class/specc in the game. just stand behind pillar and let your pet get your gladiator title.

What if the other pet class (demonology locks) main pet (felguard) did dps like a bm pet?
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    A hunter can sit behind a pillar all game and press 2 buttons to win
    And how is this so much different to, lets say an aff lock who sits behind his pillar, only peeks to put dots up and plays the outlast game ? Almost the same tactics, almost the same gameplay, but the lock requires skill for that ? For once Hunters can sit behind the pillars and are not forced to chase everyone else around said pillars.

My honest opinion ; deal with it

10+ Year Old Account
    what about demo locks ? better QQ about hunter yes

I would think the talent would perfectly fine if the pets had a range. It sucks for arena, but the smaller area makes it harder for the hunter to evade you forever. In BGs though, you could be fighting at ST and the hunter can be fighting at farm and the pets will still be on you. Do you take the time to kill a stupid pet or do you just eat the damage while trying to do the objectives? Should just despawn or leash after a certain (large maybe 100Yds? ) distance and it would be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    And how is this so much different to, lets say an aff lock who sits behind his pillar, only peeks to put dots up and plays the outlast game ? Almost the same tactics, almost the same gameplay, but the lock requires skill for that ? For once Hunters can sit behind the pillars and are not forced to chase everyone else around said pillars.

My honest opinion ; deal with it
    To me it just doesn't seem like a fun way to play. Honestly, I would like no pillars. No hiding/humping......

Make it so melee don't have an answer for every method i have of keeping them off me and then we can talk about nerfing seperation anxiety.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it just doesn't seem like a fun way to play
    It gets funny when you realise that the enemy team doesnt have a clue to counter this. Most of the time they start to kill you pet wich is rezzed in 2 seconds, then again and again, and again. After repeating this for 3 or 4 times were already in 40 to 50 percent dampening and this is were the fun begins. Panicing enemy healer throws tactics away to rush you while my pets eating him

Its not something im proud of playing and it isnt very engaging, BUT !, its fun to be for once the one who plays like a coward and wins the game. For how many seasons did we hear the "thats skill, git gud" yarayara ? Now im thowing it back. Thats skill, git gud

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    It gets funny when you realise that the enemy team doesnt have a clue to counter this. Most of the time they start to kill you pet wich is rezzed in 2 seconds, then again and again, and again. After repeating this for 3 or 4 times were already in 40 to 50 percent dampening and this is were the fun begins. Panicing enemy healer throws tactics away to rush you while my pets eating him

Its not something im proud of playing and it isnt very engaging, BUT !, its fun to be for once the one who plays like a coward and wins the game. For how many seasons did we hear the "thats skill, git gud" yarayara ? Now im thowing it back. Thats skill, git gud
    I can understand that.