[MMO] Sky: Children of the Light

From the creators of Journey comes a...social...MMO? That releases...tomorrow? Uh?
    I'm intrigued.
    I know almost nothing about the game apart from a quick reddit read that said this:

In Sky, while you are exploring the world you can meet and interact with other players. When you engage with another player you can pay a ‘candle’ to befriend them. Candles can be bought through the store but also earned at a decent enough pace. In my few hours if player I always have a few to hand. When you have friended someone you are then treated to a skill tree, starting at the bottom with being able to hold hands and lead each other around, with more rich player interactions at the top. Eventually being able to chat freely when you reach a certain level.
    When the developers got asked "What about toxic MMO players? Will they be able to ruin the game?"
    They gave the epic answer of:

"Nobody is born toxic"

Anyone else as intrigued as me?

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks interesting, maybe someone here has played it on console?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Looks interesting, maybe someone here has played it on console?
    Wait...is this an old game? Im confused
    I see now 2y old videos on youtube but only 1 or 2 videos in total...

Its been on mobile for a while? As far as I cna tell you just fly around.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

It is releasing to pc on the 10th according to their steam page.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2..._of_the_Light/

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been on mobile for a while. Not hating on it but it's a cozy walking sim. There's an audience for it, but far from a typical MMO.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is "Nobody's Born Toxic" an answer, at all, to what the devs are going to do about toxic players?

That's just tell-you-nothing dev talk.

Seems like a fancy "visual chatroom" where instead of just talking to people, you have to "earn" the ability to do basic emotes and then be able to chat. By playing a puzzle game somewhere in there (?).

Oh, and of course you can "buy (or earn in game) candles" which sound like nothing more than a "Friend invite" in other games, they are hoping people will pay for.

This game clearly isn't for me, as I'm not getting what the point is here. But no, doesn't sound interesting at all. *shrugs*
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.