Debating starting Mythic & Mythic+

Hey all. I've been debating starting to do Mythic & Mythic+ dungeons this week. I'm a little nervous as I haven't actively tanked heroics or harder since MOP. Any advice or tips would be appreciated. Guardian Druid if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    Hey all. I've been debating starting to do Mythic & Mythic+ dungeons this week. I'm a little nervous as I haven't actively tanked heroics or harder since MOP. Any advice or tips would be appreciated. Guardian Druid if that helps.
    h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtg_ricaVZQ&index=2&list=PL0j3zibAlFDsSi7JuDJONxByfCwkXjve9

Look at Preach's videos on tanks. Considering your situation, I believe it would be really helpful. He has a few video he made one after the other.

Awesome thank you.

Keep your eyes on the battlefield, not on the action bar.
    Get Weak Auras to help with you spells, like when they're ready, when you got procs etc so you can focus on enemies, not boss.
    Put Growl on the action bar and use it at free will.
    If someone pulls other trash, don't be shy to use def and off cooldowns to survive/kill. You'll be amazed how fast Rage finishes cooldown.
    Read up on affixes and tell the dps to get their head out of their butt holes and help with orbs or necrotic for example.
    Make friends to run M+ with, much easier than pugs.

Good luck

Another good source of tanking leads is Hist's Youtube guides to tanking various dungeons and raids. She simplifies a lot of things without sacrificing the actually necessary details. If you're up late night/early morning, North American time, her Twitch channel is also delightful. (It is whether or not you're there, but if you're up and free, you can take part. )

Agreed a lot about doing stuff with friends. When you do PUG, don't be afraid either to initiate kicks or drop yourself. Don't do it all the time or anything, just don't be afraid of it. It's like getting a recurring problem with your car or your own body fixed - maybe not fun, but one of those things, and something you can do without stress or fuss. Being ready for it helps you feel the confidence that itself shuts down a lot of trouble before it happens.
    Last edited by Lasombria; 2017-04-13 at 01:59 AM.