Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by nozmail View Post
    and which hero did you climbed with if i may ask?

    i think dps > tank > support. that is as to which heroes have most controls of the games. the "carry" heroes. as dps have the highest kill capabilities, they have the most "carry" potential; don't need a much organized team to get your kills. tanks rely much on teammates; roadhog the least imo. support? can't support your teammates if they die 1 by 1 to the enemy.
    This. I saw a Lucio only GM making fun of other people for being so low rank. Shit like this makes me want to punch those people in the face.

    As much as I prefer to be healed by GM Ana's or hell, even Mercy. It doesn't come close to getting my respect when I see people climb to GM using Tracer or McCree or something.

  2. #122
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ravenhold Manor
    Posts
    62
    (On PS4) In S3 i did go solo the most time. I ranked up from upper gold (after placement) to high Diamond. I did nothing else then when i played with friends. Even when the others in the team don´t speak a single word, i communucated with them via Voice.Sometimes it was helpfull, sometimes they just ignored me.

    Same goes for S4 now. Just with that i don´t have that much time to spend. ranked up from low platinum to high platinum. I guess i will rank up to low diamond this seasion only.

    No tricks, no cheats, just luck i guess.

  3. #123
    I see this with Junkrat more than any other hero,

    WHY do is it always the junkrat who refuses to switch for teamcomp? enemy team has a Pharah (as per fucking usual these days) he keeps getting demolished and wont repick for 2 rounds, last round comes the sombra instead.

    It tilts me all the wrong ways, partially because hit scans are needed in this Pharah infested game, and partially because people bloody refuse to play them.

  4. #124
    solo queue this season has been rough...been running into a lot of rage quitters, people refusing to change teamp comp as needed to deal with the enemy team etc.....the first 3 seasons I was easily able to solo and hardly ever ran into any people that were toxic.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by nozmail View Post
    and which hero did you climbed with if i may ask?

    i think dps > tank > support. that is as to which heroes have most controls of the games. the "carry" heroes. as dps have the highest kill capabilities, they have the most "carry" potential; don't need a much organized team to get your kills. tanks rely much on teammates; roadhog the least imo. support? can't support your teammates if they die 1 by 1 to the enemy.
    It works on ton of heroes. Seen people ranking to GM by solo queue at least with going onetrick with following heroes: Torbjörn, Symmetra, Pharah, Genji, Hanzo, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Zarya.

    Yes, there's actually people who play only Torbjörn/Symmetra on GM level.

  6. #126
    I finally, through solo queue, got to platinum. Mercy only.

    I only did it because people in quickplay can be just the worst types of people.

    "Nice gold bruh"

    "You suck as Mercy"

    "You suck as Mei"

    You can block and report these kinds of people but when it comes down to it, tossing out such a lowblow is just petty. I really do wish "Avoid this Player" was a thing but nope, had to be removed because of *one* Widowmaker player complaining about it.

    And the silver lining out of all this was I got motivated enough to earn ~350 SR to get platinum. And it got my interest in getting a better rank, but every single "pro" guide told me to not play support.

    What the fuck kind of advice is that? Some people enjoy healing or playing supportive roles. I also learned how stupid the SR gain/loss system is.

    During my road to platinum, I went from 2442 to 2438 and it stayed there for four losses. I lost nothing and gained nothing in the process. What? That makes no sense. Just earlier in S4 I did my placement matches and was at 2498, and lost 17 times in a row, went down to 2375 where it was stuck there up until recently when I got motivated by some trash talker and his two butt buddies to get a better rating.

    This SR thing is very strange, confusing, and very inconsistent.

    Last little bit is a friend of mine who is in Master ranking tells me it's hell for solo queue, namely support, in high platinum and low diamond rating and it's dubbed elo hell by many.

    That comment was supported by several others with a quick google search. It killed my motivation to bother really anymore with comp. I will do my placements next season, hope I get platinum again, get my comp points, buy my gold weapon for Mercy, and be done with competitive for good until some of the factors of the game are addressed.

  7. #127
    Epic! Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    I see this with Junkrat more than any other hero,

    WHY do is it always the junkrat who refuses to switch for teamcomp? enemy team has a Pharah (as per fucking usual these days) he keeps getting demolished and wont repick for 2 rounds, last round comes the sombra instead.

    It tilts me all the wrong ways, partially because hit scans are needed in this Pharah infested game, and partially because people bloody refuse to play them.
    Those people may not be confident in their aim enough to reliably pick hitscan heroes. I mean, what else are they supposed to do in that situation? It also might be a lack of game sense, which I find myself falling victim to. Often, I don't know what's going wrong, I'm not sure how to fix it, so I stick with what I do know. Just offering some possible insight.

  8. #128
    Yes, it is possible.

  9. #129
    i'll just go out of my comfort zone and try pharah. thanks to Marweinicus, i might try that fierce pharah game play. i'll rot in my elo if i stick with reinhardt/zarya with random teammates who either support you or not.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by nozmail View Post
    i'll rot in my elo if i stick with reinhardt/zarya with random teammates who either support you or not.
    I dunno, Zarya is the hero I use to rank up. It's not unusual for me to get top everything and at least partially make up for the group's flaws.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

  11. #131
    I climb whenever I put effort it, GM on 2 accounts. It's more than doable solo, you just need to master a few heroes and focus on strictly your own gameplay.
    Diablo 3 content over at: www.youtube.com/Nmitty

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I dunno, Zarya is the hero I use to rank up. It's not unusual for me to get top everything and at least partially make up for the group's flaws.
    zarya is great. i just had some games wherein i face with an enemy zarya which is almost my equal, but her teammates are much more coordinated, making her charge her damage way faster than i do. i sincerely wish for a reinhardt or a roadhog co-tank when i zarya, and almost beg supports to keep him alive.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    I finally, through solo queue, got to platinum. Mercy only.

    I only did it because people in quickplay can be just the worst types of people.

    "Nice gold bruh"

    "You suck as Mercy"

    "You suck as Mei"

    You can block and report these kinds of people but when it comes down to it, tossing out such a lowblow is just petty. I really do wish "Avoid this Player" was a thing but nope, had to be removed because of *one* Widowmaker player complaining about it.

    And the silver lining out of all this was I got motivated enough to earn ~350 SR to get platinum. And it got my interest in getting a better rank, but every single "pro" guide told me to not play support.

    What the fuck kind of advice is that? Some people enjoy healing or playing supportive roles. I also learned how stupid the SR gain/loss system is.

    During my road to platinum, I went from 2442 to 2438 and it stayed there for four losses. I lost nothing and gained nothing in the process. What? That makes no sense. Just earlier in S4 I did my placement matches and was at 2498, and lost 17 times in a row, went down to 2375 where it was stuck there up until recently when I got motivated by some trash talker and his two butt buddies to get a better rating.

    This SR thing is very strange, confusing, and very inconsistent.

    Last little bit is a friend of mine who is in Master ranking tells me it's hell for solo queue, namely support, in high platinum and low diamond rating and it's dubbed elo hell by many.

    That comment was supported by several others with a quick google search. It killed my motivation to bother really anymore with comp. I will do my placements next season, hope I get platinum again, get my comp points, buy my gold weapon for Mercy, and be done with competitive for good until some of the factors of the game are addressed.
    High play/low diamond is annoying because there's actually insanely different kind of players in there. There are Junkrat mains who are naturally next to useless in attack, but are very good in defense resulting in them winning some of their games even tho they "main" a kinda silly hero, which is enough to keep them floating at that rank. Then there's also some players who occasionally play incredibly well, but it's not consistent. They have some very good days, and then some very bad days. There's a lot of otherwise decent players who just completely lack the ability to play as a team and communicate, which keeps them at that rating probably forever. There's also ton of people who basically just got placed there 3 seasons ago and they keep floating there playing 20 games a season (there's actually surprisingly much of these).

    Tbh, it's much easier to climb out of gold than it is to climb out from plat when playing solo. At least gold players are mostly just bad, so when you personally play better, you WILL get out of there. In platinum you have to rely a lot more on your team. But don't get me wrong, it's still possible to climb out of there. Just probably takes more time, so the trolls and whatnot get evened out.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by nozmail View Post
    i'll just go out of my comfort zone and try pharah. thanks to Marweinicus, i might try that fierce pharah game play. i'll rot in my elo if i stick with reinhardt/zarya with random teammates who either support you or not.
    Well thanks, but don't expect to just climb the ranks. Pharah is one of the hardest DPS heroes to play because most counter picks, you encounter very frequently. You very often see Soldier and McCree (More McCree at higher ranks) and Widow every now and then. There's also some indirect counters, most commonly Roadhog and Dva. And then there's Torbjorn, very annoying to deal with when you play dive, but not a problem when you're part of the 95% Pharah's who just stay in the back dealing trash damage). And other DPS Heroes like Tracer and Genji are hard to kill because they're dodgy. They're not counters, but not easy to kill, even more so if they're really experienced. Tracers tend to stay away from Pharah's, but Genji can still win a duel versus a Pharah, so he's usually more aggressive to you.

    Now I'm playing the dive, lurk & pounce Pharah. I am up close. I deal with Soldiers and McCrees at close range. Get the drop on them. Get the first hit in, and you know you can win. I also focus mainly on the backline, kill the healers and squishies, which means I'm alone most of the time (Most KotH maps are best for Pharah, atleast, for my playstyle). Have the majority of the team go in, let them be focused by the enemy, then I go in and harass the enemy backline while they're busy. I get the picks, DPS heroes who get the picks, are the ones you want on your team.

    There's only a few exceptions where I stay at long range and my only focus is to harass, deal damage, but not kill (But appreciate a kill when it happens ofc!). A good example is attacking first point Hanamura, I knockback myself up past the gate and get on that little rooftop where Soldiers like to go. From there I just spam missiles on the choke, or try and deal random damage to the healers. If you get damage, it's fine, there's a big medkit on the edge anyway, can get back in 1 second.

    I'm around 400h in now and I've almost at 3700 (I don't do comp that frequently) and I'm almost at 90% winrate still.

    Pharah best hero

    Here's my stats if you're interested.

    https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/...de=competitive

    Ranked ~1600 right now. And still climbing the ranks where I don't have much issues with the enemy team.
    Last edited by Marweinicus; Yesterday at 02:21 PM.

  15. #135
    I've been gaining back rank that I lost playing with my cousin. I was mid plat, he was high silver - we both ended up in low/mid gold after about 25 games. Since then I have been climbing out of gold and nearing plat again Solo Q.

    I feel like I'm just gaining back rank instead of truly climbing, I'm hoping I can stabilize around mid plat and eventually make the climb to diamond as a solo Q.

    Formerly a support main, I've picked up more of a flex role. I used to mainly play Zen, Lucio, Ana, Zarya and S76. I took some time off from comp to learn Roadhog, Torb, Reaper and Pharah and have been working them into my game. My current goal is to master these heroes and then add another tank - probably Rein but I enjoy Orisa too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    This. I saw a Lucio only GM making fun of other people for being so low rank. Shit like this makes me want to punch those people in the face.

    As much as I prefer to be healed by GM Ana's or hell, even Mercy. It doesn't come close to getting my respect when I see people climb to GM using Tracer or McCree or something.
    Interesting, I feel exactly the opposite. DPS heroes have a huge impact on the game, it seems easier to "carry" with them. One tricking Lucio to GM is really impressive as you rely so much more on your teammates - getting that high as a support isn't a fluke - it means you really know your stuff and not only can you play mechanically, you are probably a good shot caller and leader.
    MMO-Champion - Home of the megathread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •