Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    That's funny because if something is bothering me on the internet I can stop looking at it. Oh wait, no it's not funny at all.
    What does being a teenage girl feel like?

I've only known what it's like to be me, so I'm curious. You obviously have experience since you seem to present what you say as someone with experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

I've only known what it's like to be me, so I'm curious. You obviously have experience since you seem to present what you say as someone with experience.
    Former teenage girl here. We tend to care entirely too much about what peers think (generally), and dont quite have the rational to just ignore it / realize its just words.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

Maybe he identifies as a teenage girl. You really should stop coming down on him about it.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Maybe he identifies as a teenage girl. You really should stop coming down on him about it.
    I wasn't. I was curious, hence my asking.
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Considering cyber bulling is often reflective of RL bullying, but then continued away from school, I think most of the poeple here are missing the damn point. Harassment is harassment, and the kid should be punished / forcibly sought help..

Yeah, decades ago you only had RL bullying, but thats because there werent ways to continue bullying away from school that didnt risk confronting the parents.
    Yes there were. You think bullies didn't live around the same neighborhood as their victims in the school systems? You say that like you don't know that either. Why weren't the parents brought into this before the kid decided to off herself?

No no, blame computers. Blame the internet.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-04-09 at 09:55 PM.

Bet this bully has some prize parents. I feel only corporal punishment could help here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    Of course.... however, what I am getting at is how we can prevent things like this. Obviously there needs to be a deterrent that means something for the kids who would do this to other kids.... I don't know what that is.
    need to empower bully victims. alot of the time they feel too weak/are threatened to not tell anyone.

If we spread the anti-bullying message and tell people to be speaking out if they are being bullied then we can hopefully stop this.

i would also add that at such a young age, i would be keeping an eye on all interactions my daughter/son were having online and making sure there is nothing dangerous to be worried about, be it bullying or other things.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If people could survive real physical bullying back in my days, this cyber bullying nonsense is so beyond millennial.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Yes there were. You think bullies didn't live around the same neighborhood in the school systems? You say that like you don't know that either. Why weren't the parents brought into this before the kid decided to off herself?
    Ok, let me reformat, they couldn't continue the bullying within your own home. Now, they can do that. Home used to be a sanctuary. Now, it isn't necessarily because of how ingrained the internet is.

Not to mention, teenage girls that care about what peers think arent going to go all super rational like you want them to.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    Thoughts?
    Suicide because of things said about you is a little extreme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    If people could survive real physical bullying back in my days, this cyber bullying nonsense is so beyond millennial.
    I have to agree.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, they did do this due to it.

But that's why anecdotes are shit. You should know this.

10+ Year Old Account
    back in my day, we had a girl hang herself in the schools bathroom. I wouldnt call that "surviving" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's pretty funny that anyone who has used the internet for more than a day actually thinks that's effective.
    "You're an asshole." Block. Oh, added again. "You're an asshole." Block. Repeat as necessary.

"Cyber Bullying" .. turn the computer off and delete FB.. honestly if you kill yourself over someone bullying you then you have other issues and most likely would have killed yourself later on down the road for something else.

That's just being mentally weak.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really am intrigued to see what the boy wrote. Because to me this whole story sounds weird. It says he sent one message, or two messages...or whatnot, a low amount of messages anyway. How does that mentally devastate a person to commit a suicide?

I mean, bullying leads to suicides, that's not new, but it usually takes years of constant daily bullying on a person to drive them to suicide. Not some cyber bullying where someone sent an offensive message or two. If the cyber bullying was taking place for years I'd understand...but....

There has to be more to this story, or the offensive messages by the boy are just used as a scapegoat of the girls other issues or reasons leading to the suicide - or she was mentally very deranged that no other reason actually was needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    back in my day, we had a girl hang herself in the schools bathroom. I wouldnt call that "surviving" it.
    As if I said that everyone survived... try hitting the point next time.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

what a complete psychopath

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, let me reformat, they couldn't continue the bullying within your own home. Now, they can do that. Home used to be a sanctuary. Now, it isn't necessarily because of how ingrained the internet is.

Not to mention, teenage girls that care about what peers think arent going to go all super rational like you want them to.
    Then they're acting irrationally and that is the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    As if I said that everyone survived... try hitting the point next time.
    Point being, we have around the same death rate now vs then. We just have the internet to hear more stories form other places about it.

Your point is invalid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    People say this and forget that it continues into real life too....
    If it continues into real life, it ceases to be cyber bullying.