Page 1 of 2
LastLast

(Healers) Friendly Nameplates post 7.2, What do you use now?

Maybe someone else is as annoyed by this as I am, and has found a workable solution, heres my issue.

Whatever resolution I run the game at, blizzard's default nameplates are either too large, or too small. The large version works fine for having enemy nameplates and cast-bars visible for interrupt, but then when I have friendly players active at the same time, its too much clutter on my screen at once. Conversely, if I use the small nameplate option the enemy cast-bars are entirely too small, but friendly nameplates at that size would be fine.

I'm a healer, so in a raid or group I need to be able to click on a player, and be able to clearly see where that person is. I dont find that to be the case with the default frames as-in, due to the issues stated above.

Is there some addon that will ONLY effect enemy nameplates? I think I could make things work if I could just make enemy nameplates and castbars larger, and use blizzards-small-default-shit-frames for players.

I haven't found a way to do this in KUI, if you have, please share. Am I overlooking an option somewhere and I'm incredibly stupid? I'm happy if thats the case, but please someone tell me so I can fix this.
    Last edited by Mauthe; 2017-04-10 at 05:07 AM.

I haven't played in 7.2 yet, but have you tried tidy plates + Tidy Plates: Threat Plates ?

Both TidyPlates and ElvUI can display default blizzard friendly player names (not plates) in instances.
    Just enable names in standard interface settings and disable friendly plates (shift-v) in instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathan666 View Post
    I haven't played in 7.2 yet, but have you tried tidy plates + Tidy Plates: Threat Plates ?
    7.2 disabled any addon interaction with friendly nameplates in instances. It's the same restriction that the location API recently received. Both changes were due to creative addons trivializing certain boss fights. The biggest examples of using friendly nameplates for boss fights was Mythic Star Augur, with the giant match-the-icons game, and the really creative idea to draw lines between nameplates to essentially mimic DBM radar.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I was checking around about this a few weeks back and I couldn't find anything not even a janky work around.

Was randomly leading a botanist pug with some people who weren't using DBM I guess and it was kinda distracting having to scan the screen to spot the debuffed person.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogBow View Post
    I was checking around about this a few weeks back and I couldn't find anything not even a janky work around.

Was randomly leading a botanist pug with some people who weren't using DBM I guess and it was kinda distracting having to scan the screen to spot the debuffed person.
    don`t you use healframes so you can see the debuffs there?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    7.2 disabled any addon interaction with friendly nameplates in instances. It's the same restriction that the location API recently received. Both changes were due to creative addons trivializing certain boss fights. The biggest examples of using friendly nameplates for boss fights was Mythic Star Augur, with the giant match-the-icons game, and the really creative idea to draw lines between nameplates to essentially mimic DBM radar.
    Why can't they make mechanics which doesn't require certain addons? Only prove devs are morons.
    You are moron and shit.

All players who dont use addons are bad and morons.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-04-17 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    Why can't they make mechanics which doesn't require certain addons? Only prove devs are morons.
    You are moron and shit.

All players who dont use addons are bad and morons.
    Some players did manage without those addons.
    It wasn't some intentional design for it to be that way, but the intent of players to trivailise it as much as possible.

Though doesn't your statement seem contradictory there, in saying blizzard should be preventing the use of addons but players should be using them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by rikerulez View Post
    don`t you use healframes so you can see the debuffs there?
    Most raid frames show debuffs, even the default ones I believe... (Not used them since vanilla but apparently they are useful now)
    Not sure why one would need to see friendly plates in an instance?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fizz View Post
    Most raid frames show debuffs, even the default ones I believe... (Not used them since vanilla but apparently they are useful now)
    Not sure why one would need to see friendly plates in an instance?
    If you need to respond to the debuff in some way that involves motion (them or you), it can be beneficial.
    That is why in some cases there is a visual applied to the player, such as in Halls of Valor with the AoE.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If there are visuals to help with these specific debuffs doesn't that further raise the question as to why friendly nameplates are important at all?
    If it was as simple as that all the time, then perhaps it would be more widespread to have visuals on all such cases.
    Maybe just be lack of effort, or maybe there are cases when a different way of displaying that is of use.

There was a weakaura for foam on Guarm that put an Icon on people...
    Can't find it quickly but should be in here:
    https://wago.io/weakauras/pve/trials-of-valor/guarm

Then modify the spell for your own ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fizz View Post
    There was a weakaura for foam on Guarm that put an Icon on people...
    Can't find it quickly but should be in here:
    https://wago.io/weakauras/pve/trials-of-valor/guarm

Then modify the spell for your own ones?
    Didn't they remove these types of addons as it trivialized mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Didn't they remove these types of addons as it trivialized mechanics?
    I think so - So showing names is likely the only decent option. They also removed coordinates so can't have arrows on the raid frames either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    There used to be an addon called "Augmented Virtual Reality" which more or less placed go here markers no one could mess up, after a majority of mediocre guilds got through Putricide the addon was no longer allowed. Now with wekauras and the friendly nameplates you could basically do the same thing.

Or you could draw a giant willy and put it on a fellow raiders screen 1 sec before the pull

Well, that's what I mostly used it for...

Deleted
    I used to play with KUI nameplates and really liked to only have friendly names show in their classcolor. Is there any similar addon or work around for this? If so I'd like some config guidance.

Ty in advance.

//Phaawr

Quote Originally Posted by Phaawr View Post
    I used to play with KUI nameplates and really liked to only have friendly names show in their classcolor. Is there any similar addon or work around for this? If so I'd like some config guidance.

Ty in advance.

//Phaawr
    See if this works, should make friendly nameplates class coloured if they aren't already.

/console ShowClassColorInFriendlyNameplate 1

Might require a reload of the UI.

Or is your issue that they are, but non-friendly nameplates are coloured too.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    See if this works, should make friendly nameplates class coloured if they aren't already.

/console ShowClassColorInFriendlyNameplate 1

Might require a reload of the UI.

Or is your issue that they are, but non-friendly nameplates are coloured too.
    What it seems like what Phaawr is wanting (and what I would want as well) is to only show the name, not the bar, and have the name class colored.

Of course with KUI you could then even take it one step further where you made it so that the name is also the healthbar, so the color in the name filled the same way that a healthbar would. Really smart design by the KUI devs.

Of course with the default UI you can also turn off friendly nameplates and still have names shown, but that way you don't get class coloring at all and the text is impossible to read when you are zoomed out because the size scales with distance from the camera.