10+ Year Old Account

MW Monk Soloing World Content

Hi, so I recently switched chars to my monk, leveled it to 110 and begun prepping him for ToS, I want to try a healer class and MW is currently the only challenging yet fun option for me. What bothers me though is I'm having a very hard time doing *any* actual content in MW talents, because my gear is currently very low - so my question is, does it get better?

I mean, I started Legion playing as Holy Paladin and the first four weeks, I was actually topping DPS charts on dungeon bosses and I had no problem with most of the Suramar quests after I got to 850ilvl +/-, but that is a long time ago and for a while now I was playing as a Warlock, which is whole another story, at least content soloing wise. So going back to healer character, it's actually pretty difficult.

And before you say to switch to WW talents, I thought about that but man, f*ck no. Worst case scenario, I'd rather *not* do any of the world content and focus simply on running mythics and raids to get gear, but the idea of having to switch talents everytime I wanna go do a quest or kill a rare, nope. (I'm gonna be flying in 4-5 days, that might help too I hope, but my question stands). I'll be glad for any tips

Deleted
    You're right, with gear sets and talents being pre-set/action bars changing automatically it's a REAL chore to wait those 3 seconds it now takes to switch talents and gear...

Please.

Deleted
    It's his/her choice so give him/her a break.
    I find it a tad frustrating to do anything in MW spec in open world, so I swing back and forth between bm and ww. I only keep MW on usable gear/artifact level for special moments (LFR call to action cache, etc.). MW does some ok dmg, especially aoe wise. Just take a tanking or aoe-stun champion, abuse leg sweep and paralyzis and you should do fine imo. Not "soloing world bosses or broken isles rares" fine (at least I didn't try, as it's too much bother for me in MW), but fine enough imo.

It's still much more bother than switching to any of the other specs.

Indeed, the gameplay isn't complicated at all tbh. You don't need anything except maybe (and I emphasize the word maybe) a weak aura for Fists of Fury or Strike of the Windlord, but that's about it.

Rest is a breeze. 121413 next 121312 with 5 somewhere from time to time (Strike of the Windlord) x)

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps this is easy for me to say because I main WW, but just go WW. You'll save yourself a lot of frustration and time. The rate at which gear can be acquired now is simply ridiculous. In the last week and a half, maybe two weeks, I've went from ~840 to 894. Now when I'm doing world chores, I use RJW to quickly apply the SCK debuff to everything I've pulled and they typically keel over on the first cast of SCK and if they don't, Strike of the Windlord will usually finish them off. This only gets more effective with the more you pull, and the addition of SEF.
    Last edited by reuva; 2017-04-16 at 12:26 PM.