Deleted

Back to tanking after years away

As the title suggests I've not tanked for a long time as my time in game has been sporadic. Last time I seriously tanked was WOTLK on my Warrior.

I have more time to play with now and would like to tank again - firstly on a casual basis but getting back to Mythic and then raiding as my confidence/skills grow. I have a 110 Arms Warrior and a 110 Retribution/Holy Paladin with which to start with. Another option is the DH but I don't fancy the other classes.

The question here is a bit of an odd one - how Warrior tanks do with self-healing/soloing? Obviously the Paladin and DH tanks have that covered but I wondered how the noble Protection Warrior deals with this side of things? Having seen Paladin and DH tanks deal with the last few million HPs on Mythic+ boss fights after the rest of the party are face down and preparing for corpse runs I was wondering how Warriors would cope in the same scenario? Can they keep on going or do they really need a healer to stay standing?

Warrior would be my favourite option as tank but wanted to get some input as I've been inspired by these heroic last ditch efforts from our tanking cousins...

If you manage to get the legendary bracers warrior self healing is really good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    If you manage to get the legendary bracers warrior self healing is really good.
    Dos this mean Warriors rely on a specific legendary to drop to match self-healing classes in this scenario?

for the most part warriors deal with self healing through pre prevention as oppose to healing after the fact atleast thats the case with their base kit, Ignore pain does ignore alot of pain

when it comes to soloing warrior can struggle if theirs no adds as your actual healing is low in compared to other tank classes but when their is killing blows to be had and you can regularly victory rush you'll be in good shape
    Last edited by yinyatto; 2017-10-26 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    Relying on Victory Rushing adds aor a legendary to drop doesn't sound like a searing indictment of the Warrior class in these situations.

Shame - always rather preferred the Warrior but hate it when the chips are down and they don't have the Lay on Hands-style Get Out of Jail Free card.

I'm guessing the Paladin will be a better option to get back to tanking with. Shame.

It depends entirely on your ability, which is why Protection Warrior has been the most rewarding tanking spec imo. If you fuck up, you get punished, and it's much harder for you to recover. It doesn't afford you the luxurious health pool of bears, or the cowardly healing powers of a paladin. If you want an engaging play style that keeps you on your toes, go for it. If your looking for easy-mode, look elsewhere.

Classes have different strengths and weaknesses and it's intended, for example warriors have good mobility, good mitigation against blockable damage, and ability to spell reflect (cool in some situations and unique). But If you want to be "the last man standing" play a dk...

Because sometimes your team just can't do the dungeon right.

Quote Originally Posted by Snibston View Post
    Relying on Victory Rushing adds aor a legendary to drop doesn't sound like a searing indictment of the Warrior class in these situations.

Shame - always rather preferred the Warrior but hate it when the chips are down and they don't have the Lay on Hands-style Get Out of Jail Free card.

I'm guessing the Paladin will be a better option to get back to tanking with. Shame.
    sounds exactly like something a paladin would say ~bye