Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So since I didn't like the traits of the new follower either, I deactivated him. I went with shock troops, because my mission balance has always been good with almost always 200% success chance when it matters. However to fill the sixth slot again, I had to go with Svergan who is not only geared up but was only lvl 109, the poor sob. Problem of course is that the missions now are all way too high level to be useful to him, which means he gets no xp (ilvl in red when selecting him). Am I shit out of luck here or should there be new missions regularly to catch him up? And what about the gear between 760 and 850?

Quote Originally Posted by vinox View Post
    So since I didn't like the traits of the new follower either, I deactivated him. I went with shock troops, because my mission balance has always been good with almost always 200% success chance when it matters. However to fill the sixth slot again, I had to go with Svergan who is not only geared up but was only lvl 109, the poor sob. Problem of course is that the missions now are all way too high level to be useful to him, which means he gets no xp (ilvl in red when selecting him). Am I shit out of luck here or should there be new missions regularly to catch him up? And what about the gear between 760 and 850?
    To be honest, I don't know. You would think it'd spawn some lower level missions for you, but I noticed both in WoD and earlier in Legion that the system doesn't handle disparity between Champion levels well.

I had a few Grimoire of Knowledge items (+4k xp to chosen Champion) saved up from earlier in Legion, which I used to power level my Champions to 110.

Deleted
    Currently i'm using Hymdall, Finna, Ragvald to have one counter each. Moroes to complete mission setup and Thorim as combat ally. Usually two champions are good to complete every mission with 200% and Moroes takes care of the more ignorable threads like lethal. Moroes dinner invitations are incredible and i don't want to miss them because dinner guests are like shieldmaidens and "counter" another thread often netting to +45%.

All my main champions are using 40% on 8+ missions and another +15% base success chance.

However starting 7.2 there are a lot more shorter missions showing up and i'm unsure if i should go for another +10% base chance or the +40% on 4- hours. So what equipment are you guys currently using and what do you plan to add via the third slot?

Quote Originally Posted by d2klein View Post
    Currently i'm using Hymdall, Finna, Ragvald to have one counter each. Moroes to complete mission setup and Thorim as combat ally. Usually two champions are good to complete every mission with 200% and Moroes takes care of the more ignorable threads like lethal. Moroes dinner invitations are incredible and i don't want to miss them because dinner guests are like shieldmaidens and "counter" another thread often netting to +45%.

All my main champions are using 40% on 8+ missions and another +15% base success chance.

However starting 7.2 there are a lot more shorter missions showing up and i'm unsure if i should go for another +10% base chance or the +40% on 4- hours. So what equipment are you guys currently using and what do you plan to add via the third slot?
    In my wow companion app im noticing a bunch of missions saying 2 and 4 hrs but when I check the in progress tab they are 9 hours long. Bad bug they need to fix. I submitted it.

Quote Originally Posted by d2klein View Post
    My setup is going to be 15% success, 40% success on 8 hours, and 20% success with Sheildmaidens on every single champ except the combat ally (Meatball). The most important missions are all long, I considered mixing in a couple of 40% success on short missions, but there just aren't many of them that I can push to 200% by throwing Meatball on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    In my wow companion app im noticing a bunch of missions saying 2 and 4 hrs but when I check the in progress tab they are 9 hours long. Bad bug they need to fix. I submitted it.
    Yup, very annoying, been happening since 7.2. I've stopped using the app to send out missions because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by vinox View Post
    He'll still get XP when sent on missions beyond his level/iLvl, just not as much as he would if they were level-appropriate. It's worth it to send him on a few throwaway missions to get him to 110 so you can dump gear on him.

There should be gear missions whatever the iLvl of your other champions.

Ya, I didnt get Meatball until this week and didnt have the items to gear them up from 750. Now that I unlocked my 7th slot I'm thinking of Hymdall over Dvalen/Ragnvald/Eitrigg since I only have one fury slot used right now and my main follower is the only other one with heroic leap. And again, getting the gear to get them 900 will take awhile, let alone getting him to epic and titled

The app bug is also crap, put my good follower on a 2h throwaway mission at work just to see he was coming back almost 19 hours later
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Personally, I prefer the new troops over extra Champion.

Majority of missions require two champions to properly counter them, and they cost you quite a lot if you don't. Even Disorienting and Lethal, the two "minor annoyance" can still be a pain.

The two extra troops is like having two extra champions for countering abilities. You only need to send one champion to a mission where you would normally send two. So ya, troops wins out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Personally, I prefer the new troops over extra Champion.

Majority of missions require two champions to properly counter them, and they cost you quite a lot if you don't. Even Disorienting and Lethal, the two "minor annoyance" can still be a pain.

The two extra troops is like having two extra champions for countering abilities. You only need to send one champion to a mission where you would normally send two. So ya, troops wins out for me.
    See, my counter to that is that it only works if the troops actually have the counters you need, and a well-equipped Champion can easily give more than a 30% bonus. Like I said in my original post however, there's no "right" answer; simply what you prefer.

I#ve got the problem that i can activate or deactivate my champions although i have the new orderhall trait (one more champion). Do i have to wait until all missions are done and all my champions are available? Or is this a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Rangatira View Post
    I#ve got the problem that i can activate or deactivate my champions although i have the new orderhall trait (one more champion). Do i have to wait until all missions are done and all my champions are available? Or is this a bug?
    You can only activate one champion per day, and can't deactivate any unless you're over the cap.

Does Eitrigg give a haste buff when in support mode and is it persistent? Does he still get XP and Order Hall Resources from upgrades in this mode?

Finally got Finna to titled last night and Thorim should be there later tonight. Archimtiros I was wondering if you woudlnt mind posting what you have equipped on your champions? I coudlnt 200% my command centre mission with 2 champions
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

I used to follow this spreadsheet for all my follower picks, using the ones that end up performing the best. But now with 7.2 I'm not sure if these are still the best picks, and it doesn't seem like its being updated. My question is if the new follower is worth keeping, and what the other best followers are if you have a cap of 7.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    Finally got Finna to titled last night and Thorim should be there later tonight. Archimtiros I was wondering if you woudlnt mind posting what you have equipped on your champions? I coudlnt 200% my command centre mission with 2 champions
    I cannot suggest Hymdall enough. Give him some boosts for the long duration, and once he hits Titled, you can get +105% from him alone, not even accounting for counters. After that, it basically just comes down to countering, and you get 200% on long missions with almost no effort.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I used to follow this spreadsheet for all my follower picks, using the ones that end up performing the best. But now with 7.2 I'm not sure if these are still the best picks, and it doesn't seem like its being updated. My question is if the new follower is worth keeping, and what the other best followers are if you have a cap of 7.
    I use Crowley/Eitrigg, myself. My roster of choice is Finna (General % increases), Hymdall (Long duration increases), Ragnvald (Combo of general and troop increases), Svergan (20% for each troop increase, gonna also go for 15% general when titled), Crowley/Eitrigg (Same as Ragnvald), Ymiron (Same as Finna), Thorim (Combat Ally, gold on world quest items).

ya I activated Hymdall for the extra Fury counter so I have 2 of everything + meatball, just need to wait now since gear class missions are so rare now after I got my original 5 to 900, and he was rare quality so need to get him up with more experience which helps with gear upgrades <.<

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    That spreadsheet is so misinformed it's not even funny. The amount of missions countered is completely inaccurate, based on early datamined information, and it doesn't even get all the champion abilities right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldarm View Post
    I cannot suggest Hymdall enough. Give him some boosts for the long duration, and once he hits Titled, you can get +105% from him alone, not even accounting for counters. After that, it basically just comes down to countering, and you get 200% on long missions with almost no effort.
    Agreed.

Excellent work Archim, very much appreciated
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

i'm struggling with simply getting to level - seems like it's taking forever! has anyone unlocked 3rd relic slot for the followers?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fantasyworld View Post
    i'm struggling with simply getting to level - seems like it's taking forever! has anyone unlocked 3rd relic slot for the followers?
    Yep. 3 of them. It's fairly easy to be honest. Just keep sending them on missions.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |