Thread: monitor

Deleted

monitor

hello,
    just bueyd gtx 1060 6gb, so want to upraged my old 19" monitor for something better. I was thinkng to buy 27" 4k monitor, but now have some doubts. Is it worth to buy 27" 4K isnt the display size not to small for 4k, but something more than 28" is abit to big cause im using 19" atm. Im casual user, gaming (mainly wow and Gw2 and some overwatch, some other rpgs) watching films. I know my new card will have some problems for 4k gaming, but ill change my whole pc after 1 or 2 years so priority is to buy good monitor for future. At local store i had not bad deal for this one BenQ BL2711U UHD Its got my all merits for my desire (speakers, can adjust monitors height,good color quality and etc.). My budget is aboutt 550eur for quality can spend abit more. So my questions are:
    1. Is 27" enough for 4k resoution? It is not necessary to buy 4k,but for future i think it will become casual resolution.
    2. im not pro gamer so thinking that 60Hz is enough for wow and others rpgs, so ips display is better for color quality or im wrong here?
    3.Is my chosen benq (BenQ BL2711U UHD) is good for gaming and casual use or i should look for something else?
    Any other advise and other monitors proposal is very welcome.

If you are used to TN displays, you wont like IPS. Lower end IPS screens almost always have ghosting, to get rid of this you need to spend upwards of 700 dollars.

Wait for this to go on sale for 399 it really is the best display for the money:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/product/CwgP...onitor-s2417dg

Deleted
    My old monitor is TFT so basicly TN or IPS is upgrade for me. But ghosting probably appear on FPS games or does it appear on rpgs too if using ips display?

It will appear on any game.

My suggestion is to try and find a local store and test out displays, it really is the only way to know if you would be happy with one or not. I will say this, i own the monitor linked above and overwatch is simply an epiphany, i cant even put into words how good it looks and plays on it lol.

I also own a gtx 1060, i get 130-165 FPS on medium details at 1440p in overwatch, to give you an idea.

1. It depends what you want to do. Unless you're going to make it to ~30, 32 inches, you might find text harder to read, and applications slightly more difficult to navigate through. I appreciate the desire to try and future-proof with 4k, (but I think you'll probably end up paying more and getting less for it, early-adoption is usually for suckers.)

2. 60 Hz is fine for casual gamers, but you should take a second look at available colors and contrast ratio. And for future-proofing you'll want to have at least one DisplayPort. This article has some good tips on the kind of metrics to keep an eye on.

3. BenQ is quality, but you should also take a look at some of the LGs on the market, they're competitively similar but cost-wise are often cheaper:
    https://bestultrawidemonitors.com/be...wide-monitors/

-Pam