Thread: Huge CoEN nerf

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Huge CoEN nerf

Was it really that bad to begin with to warrant that

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobsquarepants View Post
    Was it really that bad to begin with to warrant that
    I did it this week with fortified on +14.

Last boss green things hit everyone for 3.4M (each explosion did 1.7M no matter where you are). If this would have been tyrannical, it would have been impossible.

This nerf might seem big but we had one guy leave the instance and respec healer for last boss. Both healers did a casual 1.2M hps together over the fight without tyrannical.

First boss our healer did 900k hps alone.

All this healing was needed for unavoidable damage as no one took any extra damage on purpose. Any other dungeon with tyrannical on 14 doesn't even come close to these requirement so yeh it makes sense. There is no reason this dungeon on +14 should be harder than any other dungeon on +14.

You mean demonic upheaval? (60% seems high)
    Last edited by spongebobsquarepants; 2017-04-11 at 04:29 PM.

It took then too long to nerf this, ppl were avoiding Cathedral like the plague, getting a Cathedral stone was the same as having it depleated.

Deleted
    The bosses are now on the same base level than all the other m+ bosses.

Deleted
    Third boss is still overtuned. He got too much hp and i would say the portal guardians could need an hp nerf aswell.

There's also too much trash before the first and second boss. You get 100% around the time the decond boss is dead while skipping everything skippable.

Flowers spawned from first boss shouldnt generate orbs either. If i remember blizzard correct everything that didnt give bolatering shouldnt soawn orbs. Other than that most is fine

Of course the nerfs were needed. It was far and away the most difficult dungeon, and would be virtually impossible on higher keystones with Tyrannical.

As a simple comparison point, Mythic 0 CoEN should be just as easy as any other mythic 0. It wasn't; it was a clear outlier by a wide margin.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    It took then too long to nerf this, ppl were avoiding Cathedral like the plague, getting a Cathedral stone was the same as having it depleated.
    Yea this was pretty funny tbh. Every time someone in my guild got a 14 whatever Cath while pushing a key, they just deleted it.

I still haven't run it on + because why the hell would I. 3 nerds in my guild got world first with a 17 they spent 3 hours in this past week. That doesn't sound like my idea of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobsquarepants View Post
    You mean demonic upheaval? (60% seems high)
    given that it happens a lot more than you have def cd's, it's reasonable.
    when you have these + carrion swarm on the tank, it's like 5M damage with his active mitigation.

given carrion swarm didn't get nerfed and now factor in tyrannical, the tank will still get his ass pounded without having these absurd healing requirements on unavoidable damage for the rest of the party. besides you also have the dot which makes it hard to keep everyone topped off before the explosion.

A good comparison would be last boss dht prenerf where either you had immunities or you went los because else you got 1shot. 1shot AoE mechanics on tyrannical like 1st and last boss of BRH are fine because everyone has a def cd for it. When these 1shot mechanics happen more often than you have def cd's, you are f**ked.

on week 1 tried a +10 COEN we had a blood dk and hpala doing 500k hps each and could get by 50% on the 1st boss

Yeah, that was definitely warranted. In the current system the dungeon was way out of line with more than 1 affix.

Last week i got 2 world #1 results in coen ( +13 2 chest and +14 in time), this week we did #1 world result for +18 and i feel bad about it getting nerfed. I was very happy with having things in game that not most ppl can't make. And we didn't play any gay double heal strat. On 18 we got to last boss within timer and had ±5 minutes left and we spent around an hour managing the strategy and i can clarify that is is killable and there was NO reason to nerf whole dungeon to the ground. i agree that last boss is overtuned but if u had problems with other - u suck ))

I don't mind the difficulty but this is hilariously out of sync with other dungeons by a very large margin.

Had a +12 yesterday (post nerfs presumably) with all DPS consistently above 600K on bosses - 750K on trash take roughly 80 minutes to complete. I started laughing at the spider mini-boss when I realized that it was not in-fact an actual boss.

I have never complained about things being difficult (in fact I often want difficulty to increase) but this just out of sync. I have completed up to +18 on time before 7.2 changes (with less geared groups mind you) and this was nowhere near as hard as the +12 I did yesterday.

Props to the people completing this on time in higher m+ but to claim that this dungeon is in line with other content is just plain wrong. For the first time since vanilla, I'm gonna say more nerfs are needed to bring this in line.

p.s: Fuck teeming and explosive particularly in this dungeon.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nurden View Post
    I was very happy with having things in game that not most ppl can't make. And we didn't play any gay - u suck ))
    And there folks in a nutshell is WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormscale View Post
    I don't mind the difficulty but this is hilariously out of sync with other dungeons by a very large margin.

Had a +12 yesterday (post nerfs presumably) with all DPS consistently above 600K on bosses - 750K on trash take roughly 80 minutes to complete. I started laughing at the spider mini-boss when I realized that it was not in-fact an actual boss.

I have never complained about things being difficult (in fact I often want difficulty to increase) but this just out of sync. I have completed up to +18 on time before 7.2 changes (with less geared groups mind you) and this was nowhere near as hard as the +12 I did yesterday.

Props to the people completing this on time in higher m+ but to claim that this dungeon is in line with other content is just plain wrong. For the first time since vanilla, I'm gonna say more nerfs are needed to bring this in line.

p.s: Fuck teeming and explosive particularly in this dungeon.
    It was fine the way it was.

Dungeons should be more or less in sync relatively to key levels. Good changes.

I think the last boss needs reduced health on the portal summoners, or increased doom casting time. Otherwise it's fine, did a +13 last week, needed hero for second set of portals summoners. Openend chest this morning + 13 Coen, not even gonna bother with tyranical.

The first boss, that summons adds that pulls you in, and does the dmg on you that you need to move away from. Needs a severe nerf aswell, I had to pop rapture for instant 1 mil shields every gcd, till I got out of range. And I still lost health. And that was on fortified.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    It was fine the way it was.
    Don't be ridiculous.

A +7 CoEN was about the equivalent of a +13 of other dungeons. To say thats fine is ridiculous. A +x should be about the same difficulty no matter what dungeon.

did it the first week with tyranical and was ranked 24th on server for an hour long run, nobody was doing this dungeon for sure lol

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Don't be ridiculous.

A +7 CoEN was about the equivalent of a +13 of other dungeons. To say thats fine is ridiculous. A +x should be about the same difficulty no matter what dungeon.
    How is that a bad thing?
    Right cause putting effort in to something even if its 1 thing and 1 thing only in the game is bad?

I stand by my point it was fine and it would of been fine when you obtained ToS gear even more so.
    There needs to be something more apart from just random arbitrary numbers that separates the dungeons.