Thread: Huge CoEN nerf

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    I did it this week with fortified on +14.

Last boss green things hit everyone for 3.4M (each explosion did 1.7M no matter where you are). If this would have been tyrannical, it would have been impossible.
    Not that the place wasn't overtuned (still is) but I did this on 13 last week and the last boss took us far fewer attempts than most other groups afaik, 12 total.

Why? Because we simply traded out our bis for defense legs/versatility gear. It is always an option. And it's not a bad one here, there are no real hard dps checks (adds have very low hp, so nothing some light cd use/2nd pre ports can't psh through). We also one phased the boss without lust doing this when we killed it.

BTW it's the dot that's the bosses real killer ability.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-04-16 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes nerfs are needed and you just have to accept that blizzard has data that you do not.
    Hi

Tried this on +12 before the nerf and it was extremely difficult. More difficult than mostly mythic-geared raiders should have trouble with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Prove me wrong then?
    Or we just gonna post random bullshit together?

The dungeon was fine as it was.

- - - Updated - - -

I still do not see the problem in that.
    I honestly do not see it, forces people to experiment and try new stuff and actually play better which in the end is what it matters not clearing dungeon for AP/loot.
    Blizzard has balanced the dungeons to give AP based off length and keystone level, not whether you can avoid 1 shot mechanics at keystone levels that you shouldn't. To go from CoS+7, where you can mess up mechanics, to a COEN+10, where you get one shot by like half the boss mechanics, back to a COS+13 (assuming you can 3 chest the CEON) where you can again fuck up royally and still live... Is silly. It's not a factor of "lul play better noob". It's whether or not the investment is worth the reward. If I can spend a smaller portion of time in another dungeon, potentially getting equal or greater rewards, why wouldn't I?

As I said, I like a challenge. But having our healer pulling 1m HPS on 5 people, where on nearly all other fights of all other dungeons of equal (or even higher) keystones, he can toss out some dps is a bit ridiculous. That sort of disparity in difficulty is extreme, and needs to be brought further in line. Otherwise the each time you get a decently high key, you assume it's dead and level another (which you can get to the same level or higher in the same amount of time you could potentially spend wiping the overtuned mechanics).

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Really dude?
    Who cares what blizzard admits or not?
    My point is still there and its still valid.
    There was no reason for the nerf not all dungeons should scales the same as others do.
    Give it a rest and deal with it.
    I have diffrent opinion then you so i must be wrong, it is not how it works in the real world i'm afraid but you keep going.
    Yes, in the real world opinions can be wrong. That is how it often works, I'm afraid. Try having a job, and that will become obvious. There is a sense of entitlement people have about their opinions though, believing they are right even when they are clearly wrong. That is a problem.

You have given no valid reason as to why one dungeon should be a freakish outlier. Of other dungeon keeps a relative parity in difficulty, which is clearly Blizzard's design intent. Give a real argument as to why it is a good design decision to deviate from the norm here, and create one punishingly more difficult, on the same keystone setting. Because you haven't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjosel View Post
    Yes, in the real world opinions can be wrong. That is how it often works, I'm afraid. Try having a job, and that will become obvious. There is a sense of entitlement people have about their opinions though, believing they are right even when they are clearly wrong. That is a problem.

You have given no valid reason as to why one dungeon should be a freakish outlier. Of other dungeon keeps a relative parity in difficulty, which is clearly Blizzard's design intent. Give a real argument as to why it is a good design decision to deviate from the norm here, and create one punishingly more difficult, on the same keystone setting. Because you haven't yet.
    And you haven't given a argument as to why it shouldn't.
    I believe there should be something challenging in the game and that is my argument, you think everything should scale the same as it has by now.
    This is where we differ, neither of which is wrong.
    The job comment i'm not even gonna bother....... you know nothing about that part of the world.

Plenty of people have given reasons why it shouldn't. Your only argument as to why it should be an outlier is purely "just cuz" and "I like a challenge". Something of that extreme should be reserved for the extreme difficulties (Mythic raids, and really high keystones). Your logic would allow for LFR ToS have all 1-shot mechanics, and when people complain about not being able to finish any fight, Blizz can just go "We made it this difficult just cuz. Get gud noobs." And no one would ever see anything beyond the first boss of each wing.