Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Grievous and Tanks with yoyo health pools

I'm the healer half of a tank/healer duo and thinking about implications of grievous this week. Any thoughts on how this affix will play out with Tanks who have yoyo health pools or monks who love to run hardcore stagger?

Deleted
    It activates from 90 % correct? Don't think it will matter much if the health is spiky or not as even a Warrior or Paladin will fall below 90 % fairly easily, and a Demon Hunter can heal themselves up more easily to compensate.

Do we know the damage from it yet? Is it percentage based or a set amount scaling with mythic plus level? Also is it possible to mitigate it or is it more or less direct health removal bypassing armour/other defences?

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    It activates from 90 % correct? Don't think it will matter much if the health is spiky or not as even a Warrior or Paladin will fall below 90 % fairly easily, and a Demon Hunter can heal themselves up more easily to compensate.

Do we know the damage from it yet? Is it percentage based or a set amount scaling with mythic plus level? Also is it possible to mitigate it or is it more or less direct health removal bypassing armour/other defences?
    3.5% of your health every 3s. Stacks with every tick. So 3.5% -> 7% -> 10.5% etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    3.5% of your health every 3s. Stacks with every tick. So 3.5% -> 7% -> 10.5% etc.
    Ouch, didn't expect it to deal increasing damage, interesting.

Is there a cap on the stacks of grievous?

Aveline's amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    Is there a cap on the stacks of grievous?
    Well.. Technically 28 stacks, since anything more than that 1 shots you. Though, I don't know if damage reductions work on it.

5 stacks is max. 12% of hp per 3 seconds

Looks like we'll be spamming our weak heal when the tank isn't taking damage I guess? How have healers been dealing with it so far? How noticable is it too actively deal with?

Why is everyone saying 3.5%? Datamining saw 2.5%?

What are the other affixes? Doing large pulls where we spam heal on mid range keys (7-12) we honestly might not really feel this affix. Biggest question is if things like ironbark reduce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    What are the other affixes? Doing large pulls where we spam heal on mid range keys (7-12) we honestly might not really feel this affix. Biggest question is if things like ironbark reduce it.
    It's bolstering/tyrannical, so large pulls is a no go. Also if you die and have to release, you must sit there and eat or you'll die on your way back.

Also I have seen some very buggy stuff in Upper Kara, so if that's your key be careful. Mobs (that were not bolstered) doing more damage in 12 tyrannical, specifically the arcane elementals before conductor were one shotting people, so doing more damage in a 12 tyrannical than they were when I did 16 last week and it was fortified. Also people were reviving where they died if they released with very low hp obviously so they would usually just die again, if not eventually you just get teleported out and might also die again because you'll have a stack of grievous.

I experienced no major bugs last week and ran a lot of 14-16 keys and so on, this week? I dunno but I'd say be careful and run other people's keys first, don't assume this is gonna be an ez week and start out with a 10 (or higher, my key was a 12). :>

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    It's bolstering/tyrannical, so large pulls is a no go. Also if you die and have to release, you must sit there and eat or you'll die on your way back.

Also I have seen some very buggy stuff in Upper Kara, so if that's your key be careful. Mobs (that were not bolstered) doing more damage in 12 tyrannical, specifically the arcane elementals before conductor were one shotting people, so doing more damage in a 12 tyrannical than they were when I did 16 last week and it was fortified. Also people were reviving where they died if they released with very low hp obviously so they would usually just die again, if not eventually you just get teleported out and might also die again because you'll have a stack of grievous.

I experienced no major bugs last week and ran a lot of 14-16 keys and so on, this week? I dunno but I'd say be careful and run other people's keys first, don't assume this is gonna be an ez week and start out with a 10 (or higher, my key was a 12). :>
    Bolster tyrannical=/= bolster fortified...

you can still do most big pulls even the maw first pull just gotta have dps that arn't mongrols and can swap to the high target.

wait, you get debuff even if you are not in combat?
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    wait, you get debuff even if you are not in combat?
    Yes. It stays till you die or till you're above 90%

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Yes. It stays till you die or till you're above 90%
    You only get the debuff in combat (done a few mythic+ now).

On topic: As a blood dk the affix is completely irrelevant, dont know how about other tanks who require external healing exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by jasoccx View Post
    You only get the debuff in combat (done a few mythic+ now).

On topic: As a blood dk the affix is completely irrelevant, dont know how about other tanks who require external healing exclusively.
    I've done it as well and it absolutely persists after you leave combat with mobs. Of course you need to be in combat to get it initially, it isn't just some buff that goes out randomly. Check the post quoted for context.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    I've done it as well and it absolutely persists after you leave combat with mobs. Of course you need to be in combat to get it initially, it isn't just some buff that goes out randomly. Check the post quoted for context.
    The guy was asking if he gets the debuff after releasing, and he absolutely does not get it after releasing.

Deleted
    Very bad affix imo. Favors some classes heavily and some it's near on impossible on some bosses/pulls

Deleted
    really great for Warlocks that rely on Life Tap and Burning Rush. Great job blizzard. Great job.

Deleted
    As a DH tank i really enjoyed this affix. I did brh with a group of randoms and IT felt pretty easy (3 chests with 5 min top spare).
    I could constantly clear the debuff myself, at 4 stacks IT becomes challenging.