Deleted

Paladin class hall champions.

So I was looking through my list of Paladin Mission helpers and noticed something really quite off.
    There is:
    2 Human
    2 Blood Elf
    1 Draenai
    1 Tauren
    1 ?? Who knows what race he is? (Lothraxion)
    2 Night Elves and
    0 Dwarves.

So lets put this in perspective the main races that are Paladin are Human Dwarf Blood Elf Draenai and Tauren. Yet we get 2 Night Elf Paladins which cant even be Paladins and no Dwarves?
    I dont care what peoples opinions on Dwarves are (Since I bet 99% are negative) I think this is a bit off..

Is this a hint NE are soon going to be able to be Paladins or are Blizz just smoking crack?

watching the one Nelf priestest of the moon become a pally was a pretty big hint towards the move of Nelf pallies i think.. maybe to me matched with undead pallies on the horde side?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    watching the one Nelf priestest of the moon become a pally was a pretty big hint towards the move of Nelf pallies i think.. maybe to me matched with undead pallies on the horde side?
    please no -.-

Actually, it would be kinda fair if the Alliance get an additional Pally race, as the Horde has four available races for shamans (Troll, Goblin, Orc and Tauren) aswell as two Pally races (B11, Tauren) while on the other side, the Alliance has two Shaman races (Draenei, Dwarf) but only three Pally races (Dwarf, Draenei, Human). So N11 Pallies would actually balance this one out (even so I'm not sure, whether class/race combinations are balanced anyway right now between the factions).
    Either way, N11 Pallies would at least somehow fit the lore, unlike Undeads... Tauren were kind of a stretch already.

Deleted
    I hope they give Horde another race for Paladins. I hate Belfs with a burning passion but im stuck playing one (Cause I am horde) cause I have a small monitor and Tauren take up to much of the screen. Any other race would be nice. Gimme an Undead Pala, a Goblin Orc or Troll I really dont care.
    Anyway it was just food for thought since there is now 2 NE Paladins and still no Dwarf one.

Pallies will have to get one on Argus from the Army of Light (well, all classes will get at least 1 on Argus)
    But dwarves are getting the shaft
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Socce View Post
    please no -.-

Actually, it would be kinda fair if the Alliance get an additional Pally race, as the Horde has four available races for shamans (Troll, Goblin, Orc and Tauren) aswell as two Pally races (B11, Tauren) while on the other side, the Alliance has two Shaman races (Draenei, Dwarf) but only three Pally races (Dwarf, Draenei, Human). So N11 Pallies would actually balance this one out (even so I'm not sure, whether class/race combinations are balanced anyway right now between the factions).
    Either way, N11 Pallies would at least somehow fit the lore, unlike Undeads... Tauren were kind of a stretch already.
    Forsaken Paladins would fit perfectly with the current "class fantasy". It's already been established that anyone can wield the light if they believe in it. Lots of Forsaken believe in the light because it's needed to balance the shadows. They are hurt by it, sure, but that fits with Holy Paladins becoming more of a martyr-type healer. They damage themselves to help their allies with Light of the Martyr, Blessing of Sacrifice and Aura of Sacrifice.

Not to mention that Alonsus Faol was raised from the dead and retained all of his Holy powers. He essentially created the Order of the Silver Hand with Uther. Once the Legion is dealt with, it wouldn't be much of a stretch at all for him to to help fallen paladins reconnect with the light and fight for his order once more.

Deleted
    Not to mention that Alonsus Faol was raised from the dead and retained all of his Holy powers.
    Keep in mind tho, that priests use the light differently than paladins. A better example for your point would still be Sir Zeliek, who is the only noteworthy exception, as he's pretty much the only undead paladin (maybe alongside some others, but they all were enslaved by the scourge).

Additionally there haven't been any retcons that denies that Paladins are immune to the Plague or any diseases, therefore most of the Forsaken resurrected prior to cataclysm couldn't be Paladins. And I can't imagine a Paladin being raised with the second generation would chose to serve as an undead. What we're left with are Forsaken (holy) Priests becoming Paladins, and they're already rare lorewise, the paladins would be an even smaller group, that (even if there Paladins of the first/second generation) wouldn't really be large enough to justify them being a playable race/class combination. Remember that Forsaken holy Priest (and to some extent disc also) are one of the current combinations that is really debatable.

It's also kinda ironically that Forsaken priests can use "shackle undead", but Paladins in the past had interactions while fighting undead (exorcism!) just to put emphasis on their capabilities to combat the undead. The Ashbringer also was forged specificly to fight the undead, that's not really something that sounds likely to be wielded by a Forsaken.

Imho(!) it's easier to imagine Trolls, N11s, gnomes or even Worgens and Goblins becoming Paladins, than Undead, as theoretically any race could become a Paladin, but as long as Blizzards wants them to be a rather exclusive class, undeads would be the least likely race to become one (or second least, Orc Paladins would be really wierd).

Because all dem pally skeletons tossing around Crusader Shield back in WotLK isn't a good enough argument for undead pallys lol. Really surprised undead pallys still aren't in the game, but then again we have gnome priests who apparently haven't learned to use a sword for attacking either.

But yeah, personally I think if they continue down this naaru/void light war stuff, pally will eventually just be a baseline class in future expacs any race can be, much as how any race can be huntards or warriors now. Like others have said, the Light isn't any specific religion, and anyone can touch/use it (see even a "purified" dread lord that we have as a follower). Tauren extending their beliefs to incorporate the sun to become holy cows makes just as much sense as nelfs using elune's light (see, light!) for their pally power "source".

Deleted
    It's just rigth now, that Blizzard wants to keep Paladins, Shamans and Druids rather exclusive, they just added additional possible races to give players at least some choice with their race. And I don't really like the idea of the least likely race for this class to be one of the few races that actually can become one.

But to be fair, Undeads are the only race where you could argue against some classes.
    Like, explaining Goblin Paladins/Druids wouldn't really be a problmen it's just like "hey, a decent amount of them cenverted to this religion". Whereas Undeads are "unnatural" and "unholy" which doesn't really fit with the Paladin/Druid (and Priest) idea.
    But it would still be more reasonable than Draenei warlocks, I mean those guys would likely be killed upon entering the Exodar.

As someone who plays a Dwarf Paly, this does upset me.

What upsets me even more is the fact, that Nerus Moonfang neither is, nor was a pladin. Instead he is a traitor, who sold his family to the legion. Why does he become a "paladin" exactly? And he doesn't become one like Delas either.

On a side note though, we got three humans now, since we can recruit Maximillian of Northshire as a "hidden" paladin only follower.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    What upsets me even more is the fact, that Nerus Moonfang neither is, nor was a pladin. Instead he is a traitor, who sold his family to the legion. Why does he become a "paladin" exactly? And he doesn't become one like Delas either.
    Well, he doesn't become a paladin at all. He simply is pledged to you and your cause. Several classes have champions, that are not exactly 'class' champions but simply followers who do the class leader's biddings.

Priests have Sol, a creature of the Light. In no way would you be able to call him/it a 'priest' in the strict, common sense.
    Demon Hunters have the Shade of Akama and a Shivarran, who are not exactly Demon Hunters either, but simply pledged to their cause or connected to them in another way.

Quote Originally Posted by Leenaleena View Post
    Well, he doesn't become a paladin at all. He simply is pledged to you and your cause. Several classes have champions, that are not exactly 'class' champions but simply followers who do the class leader's biddings.

Priests have Sol, a creature of the Light. In no way would you be able to call him/it a 'priest' in the strict, common sense.
    Demon Hunters have the Shade of Akama and a Shivarran, who are not exactly Demon Hunters either, but simply pledged to their cause or connected to them in another way.
    If you open up his follower info he is listed as a Retribution Paladin. Are the examples you gave with the priest/DH also named after priest/DH specs? That might shed some light on the distinction being made.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    If you open up his follower info he is listed as a Retribution Paladin. Are the examples you gave with the priest/DH also named after priest/DH specs? That might shed some light on the distinction being made.
    The priest one is a 'Holy Priest', though the DH ones are named something else, but then again there's no third spec for Dh. I think there was a mage follower, some arcane sentry, that was listed as arcane mage.