Optimal champion setup?

There was a guide made a while ago showing which champions you should use and which to deactivate to give the most optimal setup to counter the missions. Since then many new missions were added including the Nighthold raid mission and today we gain access to potentially a 6th champion. With that in mind I was curious as to which ones to use now before I start decking them out with trinkets and boosting their itemlevel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...red_champions/

Thats the source im going to use, maybe brainstorm a bit over it if I think it's not that accurate.
    But looks solid overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...red_champions/

Thats the source im going to use, maybe brainstorm a bit over it if I think it's not that accurate.
    But looks solid overall.

I have a different set-up than he recommends and I counter everything at 200%. idk, maybe he can pump them out more quickly than I can.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I have a different set-up than he recommends and I counter everything at 200%. idk, maybe he can pump them out more quickly than I can.
    What swaps did you make compared to what he had? I'm sure champion equipment also has something to do with it, and now that they have 3 slots instead of 2 you could just make up any difference with good equipment choices.

Quote Originally Posted by noremac View Post
    What swaps did you make compared to what he had? I'm sure champion equipment also has something to do with it, and now that they have 3 slots instead of 2 you could just make up any difference with good equipment choices.
    I never put Zinnin inactive, he's too good with 2 black harvest acolytes and the 20% extra success with acolyte bonus.

I swapped Kira for Zinnin and have Jubeka as the 7th because having another demonic circle counetr with 2 of each specialization helps, and honestly jubeka is nice for those 14+ hour missions.

That leaves me with calydus and lulubelle for demo, ritsyn and jubeka for destro, and zinnin/kanrethad/shinfel for 3 affliction.

As far as I know Zinnin's bonus only applies to one troop per mission if you use the same type twice.
    So if you take 2x 3-health Harvester, you will only get 15% bonus chance from Zinnin instead of 30%.
    But if you take 1x 3-health Harvester with 1x 2-health Imp, you'll get 25%, which is still 5% worse than just taking 2x Harvester.
    So at best, his bonus is 15%, avg 10%, worst 5%.

I don't use: Twins, Lulubelle, Kira

Their bonuses are less worthwhile than the others toward mission completion.

I don't use Twins, Kira, or Jubeka currently. Gonna activate I think Kira after I get 7/7 available.

I have Lulu as my permanent assigned follower just with +gold equipment tho, so.

Ok, so here is my 2 cents. Assuming you can equip 7 followers.

My Current Set up:
    Shinfel (Aff) Hellfire
    Zinnen (Aff) Spell Lock
    Calydus (Demo) Demonic Circle
    Twins (Demo) Hellfire - Bodyguard
    Jubeka (Destro) Demonic Circle
    Ritssyn (Destro) Hellfire
    Kira (Destro) Spell Lock

This gives you 2 of every spec, and 2 of every counter ability.

I currently have Ritssyn as my bodyguard but that is not ideal, I just like having a permanent follower.

Sitting Champs:
    Lulubell - Her special ability is pretty useless, so she brings nothing to the table outside of being a Bodyguard.
    Kanrethad - Definitely worth using if you want, he makes a good bodyguard and is good to send on missions. Bc I currently use Ritssyn as a follower I needed an additional Hellfire so I had to sit Kan.

Side Note. Once I get my followers back from missions I will be changing my roster as follows.

Equip:
    Kanrethad (Aff) Demonic Circle - Bodyguard
    Shinfel (Aff) Hellfire
    Zinnen (Aff) Spell Lock
    Kira (Destro) Spell Lock

Sitting:
    Twins
    Lulubelle

This will allow me to keep 2 of each spec and 2 of each counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexacutioner View Post
    Equip:
    Shinfel (Aff) Hellfire
    Zinnen (Aff) Spell Lock
    Kira (Destro) Spell Lock

Sitting:
    Twins
    Lulubelle

Thanks for the info. Doesn't the second set up though only give you one Demo? Does it matter?

If you're not having Meatball you're doing it wrong. He is like a joker that fits into any mission you need AND gives you +20% chance consumables as extra. Apart from that I've got Lulu, Shin and Jubeka sitting, giving me 2x Destro/Affli/Demo and 2x Hellfire/Circle/Spelllock plus wild card gnoll. Got Calydus on OR/Gold Bodyguard duty but that's preference, Kanrethad doesn't seem as broken as DH follower so I didn't bother respeccing.

+1, all locks should get Meatball since Brawler's guild is a joke as a warlock.

I currently use the following setup:

* Calydus (Demo/Circle) + 15% vs Hazards
    * Lulubelle (Demo/Spell Lock) + Shitty Imps - Bodyguard with +gold/ap/resources equipment.
    * Kira (Destro/Spell Lock) Healthstones to heal my Felguards
    * Ritssyn (Destro/Hellfire) + 15% with Acolytes
    * Zinnin (Aff/Spell Lock) +5% per troop health max +15%
    * Meatball (Awesome/The Best) Generates Meatballs which boost mission success

Then I currently have the Felguard Brutes, but am in the process of respec'ing to the extra champion. I use Kira's Healthstones to keep the the Felguards alive, even after spec'ing out of them you can continue to do this. This allows me to have 2 Felguards + 7 followers. My felguards have Hellfire, and Demonic Circle (I sacrificed felguards with spell lock until I got the ones I wanted). I will activate either Kanrethad or Shinfel as my 7th, not sure which yet both their bonuses are very nice... probably Shinfel since I already have her purple, and Kanrethad is only green atm.

This gives me:
    1.5 Demo (Lulubelle is pretty much a permanent bodyguard cause her passive sucks, but I can use her for emergency demo missions if I have to)
    2 Destro
    2 Affliction
    1 Meatball
    2 Circles (Calydus, Felguard)
    2.5 Spell Locks (Kira, Zinnin, again Lulubelle is poop)
    3 Hellfires (Shinfel, Ritsynn, Felguard)

Quote Originally Posted by Nexacutioner View Post
    Side Note. Once I get my followers back from missions I will be changing my roster as follows.

Equip:
    Shinfel (Aff) Hellfire
    Zinnen (Aff) Spell Lock
    Kira (Destro) Spell Lock

Sitting:
    Twins
    Lulubelle

Sitting both Twins and Lulubelle only gives you 1 Demo (Calydus). Which is probably fine (that's pretty much what I have too, since Lulubelle is my bodyguard 95% of the time), however I just wanted to point that out for you since you stated your intent was to have 2 of each.
    Last edited by Delia; 2017-04-17 at 03:24 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cerenitie
    Shyara

I use The Twins, Jubeka, Kira, Shinfel, Lulu, Kanrethad, and Meatball.

I can counter 2-3 missions at 200% basically every time. If I ever get the pocket watch for Moroes I might sit Lulu. For now this set up works really well for me though.

Yeah, sorry I definitely misspoke there. I was also assuming not everyone had Meatball, but he is a definite lock for a follower spot.

I use the twins for my combat ally. Their bonus is poor, and this way I can have bonuses without having some asshat of a follower clogging up my screen and keeping me in combat!

Never understood why people drag along Ritsyn. His acolytes bonus is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    I use the twins for my combat ally. Their bonus is poor, and this way I can have bonuses without having some asshat of a follower clogging up my screen and keeping me in combat!

Never understood why people drag along Ritsyn. His acolytes bonus is great.
    I have my Rittsyn with two items that increase his bonus w/ the acolytes. He crushes.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently leveling up Kanrethad as my new bodyguard to replace Ritssyn.

So that will leave my mission-running lineup as: Ritssyn, Jubeka, Shinfel, Zinnin, Lulubelle and Calydus. Two of each boss-type counter and a healthy mix of secondary counters. I don't expect to be short on anything going forward.