Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DK Campaign - Bad Design?

To anyone who tried doing the DK Campaign today to unlock the new Champion, what did you thing of the part where you need to collect the harness? The fact that Blizz didn't make this a solo scenario seems kind of odd. Mob density on the Raise Dead part of the quest is not great, and when the dragon spawns and is tagged his health doesn't scale, so he just dies before the Rider who you are actually supposed to kill spawns. The only way of completing this quest is immediately gripping the dragon out and mind control it until the elite on his back spawns. I wish this was either a solo scenario or the rider spawned at the same time as the dragon.

I don't know how it can even be a question that this design is bad. It's like a ridiculous social experiment there.

"What will happen if we confine 1.000 DKs of both factions in a small room and have them try to tag a quest mob faster than the other faction, BUT this quest mob only spawns if another mob with very low HP survives for several seconds?"

Truly evil.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2017-04-11 at 07:37 PM.

not to mention that both Horde and Alliance was there, it was a living hell trying to complete and take quest without dying 10times+. The mob tagging was the worst part, trying to tag mobs before other groups so you had a chance to complete the quests, stupid. Took my a long hour to do 2 quests.

The quest design is bad, but that is only an issue during the first time when everyone rushes to do it. The real issue with the whole quest for me was that once again we did a completely pants on head retarded thing and attacked one of our allies for no reason. If the next expansion isn't about old gods it will be about a new lich king running amok on azeroth...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The quest design is bad, but that is only an issue during the first time when everyone rushes to do it. The real issue with the whole quest for me was that once again we did a completely pants on head retarded thing and attacked one of our allies for no reason. If the next expansion isn't about old gods it will be about a new lich king running amok on azeroth...
    They're still our allies. Very obidient ones on top of it.

I give up. How can there not be a blue reaction yet? This is worse than the fourth Kosumoth-orb pre-hotfix. There you had at least a theoretical chance. Here trolls and idiots just keep instakilling the dragon for hours and hours.

Deleted
    took me like 20 mins wasnt too bad. got to beat up some ally too feelsgoodman.

I have to agree, while the design of the beginning seems horrid, more appalling to me is the story already. An incredibly annoying forsaken death knight with a terrible sense of humor that does not align with the typical style of the Death Knights essentially bringing us along and goading us into committing war crimes against our own allies is the antithesis of what the Death Knights should be. Blizzard could have easily created a morally grey story with us ransacking the graves and disrespecting the ancestors of the Valarjar and the Storm Drakes (the Valarjar essentially practicing ancestor veneration should certainly have an issue with this) for the greater good instead of actively attacking living allies to essentially achieve the same result.

Deleted
    I even had problems resurrecting. Some I attacked I couldn't reanimate, while some others on the other side of the platform I could.
    ADDITIONALLY! Why the fuck is our classmount an old Frostwyrmmodel with some rags on it instead of an undead Stormdrake (with some rags on it)? We already got Draumyr. Why do we need another one?

Everything about the quests for this, Blizz did the exact opposite of what they should have done. solo instance lol no throw 400 people in there, tagging vrykul mobs, irrelevent whoever clicks first wins, guy needed for quest spawns on a dragon? make him spawn on a delay after the dragon and make the dragon attackable with 200hp

the harness issue has been hotfixed, the guy now spawns with the drake and HP scales.

I gave up on this earlier, while trying to do it and went back to my order hall. Now i cannot get back to pit of saron because there is nothing in the DK order hall to port you back. Not sure if anyone has any suggestions but I opened a ticket, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    the harness issue has been hotfixed, the guy now spawns with the drake and HP scales.
    The harness issue has definitely not been hotfixed

It is a pvp fuckfest, it took me maybe 30 minutes just to get the 8 dudes I needed to raise and another 10 to get the harness but aside from that I don't think the design was necessarily bad.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gave up after 15 minutes of standing there watching the Alliance insta-kill the drake as soon as it spawned. Trolling paradise. I will go back when it is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper27 View Post
    To anyone who tried doing the DK Campaign today to unlock the new Champion, what did you thing of the part where you need to collect the harness? The fact that Blizz didn't make this a solo scenario seems kind of odd. Mob density on the Raise Dead part of the quest is not great, and when the dragon spawns and is tagged his health doesn't scale, so he just dies before the Rider who you are actually supposed to kill spawns. The only way of completing this quest is immediately gripping the dragon out and mind control it until the elite on his back spawns. I wish this was either a solo scenario or the rider spawned at the same time as the dragon.

you would think they would know basics on launch days. this is on par with things like WoD launch. 100% cockblocked due to piss poor design by blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    Not true, i am standing right next to the fuck fest still after 3hrs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eskaron View Post
    I even had problems resurrecting. Some I attacked I couldn't reanimate, while some others on the other side of the platform I could.
    ADDITIONALLY! Why the fuck is our classmount an old Frostwyrmmodel with some rags on it instead of an undead Stormdrake (with some rags on it)? We already got Draumyr. Why do we need another one?

took 30minutes to get 8 mobs done, and still going n for 3hrs plus on getting the harness really fucking joke honestly, piss poor design here folks PISS POOR design

On a PVE server, this quest is impossible. People kill the dragon within one second, too quick to Control Undead, and there's no recourse for it by way of killing the opposite faction to make them stop for a goddamned minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    On a PVE server, this quest is impossible. People kill the dragon within one second, too quick to Control Undead, and there's no recourse for it by way of killing the opposite faction to make them stop for a goddamned minute.

sea of red, like 500 alliance on the dragon spawn spot and dragon dies in 0.01 second working as intended i guess

Really how difficult is it to shut the servers down change this to solo scenario and be done with it. better do it FAST before raids start tonight

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Not true, i am standing right next to the fuck fest still after 3hrs
    oh okay well then i guess i lied just to spite you personally.

let me get a time machine and tell myself from 2 hours ago that when he was standing there and the drake and named spawned simultaneously and several alliance and horde players engaged it and its health scaled up that he was a lying douchebag.

I went, I saw, I decided to come back and do it later.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!