Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's the Best Combat Ally right now?

Trying to use the legendary equipment which provide AP on WQ. But not sure on which one I should put it.
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I haven't changed Ravenholdt since i put him as my ally. (just 5 minutes each of trying every other champion. Never worked out.) Never looked back.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I used valeera to start when the world content was sort of difficult and she helped, now i have my legendary follower items on her that give a bunch of bonuses so i cant use anyone else. Her stun is super annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tier539 View Post
    I used valeera to start when the world content was sort of difficult and she helped, now i have my legendary follower items on her that give a bunch of bonuses so i cant use anyone else. Her stun is super annoying.
    Any special trick to get these legendary follower items? Higher chance in champion equip chests?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Trying to use the legendary equipment which provide AP on WQ. But not sure on which one I should put it.
    The one you want.

Then again, I want Toashi...but I can't have her. T_T

I settled for VanCleef.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    Any special trick to get these legendary follower items? Higher chance in champion equip chests?
    Yes, very special trick. You go to the Command Center at Deliverance Point with the correct buff and complete the instant quest provided. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Rehgar Earthfury.
    Overrated after flying.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Yes, very special trick. You go to the Command Center at Deliverance Point with the correct buff and complete the instant quest provided. ^_^
    Can't wait until the building is done on EU, is the item from the box completely random legendary equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    I haven't changed Ravenholdt since i put him as my ally. (just 5 minutes each of trying every other champion. Never worked out.) Never looked back.
    I like the way you think. I think I was doing some WQ "rare" and some rogue nearly 1-shot him with Ravenhold I was super surprised wtf just happened there. But yeah, I wouldn't want the random proc or bodyguards on a stealth class because I've already seen it on my druid they can behave weirdly and keep me in combat when I don't want to. The clicky button is most convenient.

Rogues have 2 so it would be a choice between Ravenhold and Shaw, but I'd like to use Shaw for missions to produce the +20% chance tokens instead.

Btw not sure if true, but I heard complaints about the new 7.2 bodyguard that it doesn't do as much damage as the shaman / mage / hunter counterparts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Can't wait until the building is done on EU, is the item from the box completely random legendary equipment?
    I know of at least four different ones, randomly chosen.

Vial, Sigil, Feather, Bag.

I like the way you think. I think I was doing some WQ "rare" and some rogue nearly 1-shot him with Ravenhold I was super surprised wtf just happened there. But yeah, I wouldn't want the random proc or bodyguards on a stealth class because I've already seen it on my druid they can behave weirdly and keep me in combat when I don't want to. The clicky button is most convenient.
    They nerfed him sometime so he didnt just deal 90% damage to any mob, they capped it at a few millions, and now the best ive seen so far is somewhere at 7 or 9.

But even at 1 million damage it would be more useful then a punching bag which ruins my vanish.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Don't have him yet, but isn't Meatball, from brawler's guild, supposed to be OP? As an ally he lays down little purple orbs that boost damage i think.

I use Matthias Shawn (or w/e he's called) as he gives you simply a decent buff

At first, I went with Garona. I'm too embarrassed to explain why.

Now, I would change but I can't, since she has my best equipment; one hundred gold and 34k AP per World Quest adds up quickly.

I would say that the best is Ravenholdt.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2017-04-18 at 10:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by milkbonez View Post
    Don't have him yet, but isn't Meatball, from brawler's guild, supposed to be OP? As an ally he lays down little purple orbs that boost damage i think.
    He does, but I've never seen him spawn more than two, usually just one, on long-ish fights (i.e. WQ elites/Broken Shore rares which is about as long as it gets while you're out soloing). It's 10% damage per orb, which is much better than other followers, and he also randomly eats mobs when they're below Execute range which can be pretty handy, but it's pretty unreliable. Plus he's just so good for missions that it seems like a complete waste.

Garona's also too random and too good for missions, Shaw's better off working as a Master Plan machine and his buff is kind of irrelevant if you have legendary shoulders, and Vanessa does basically nothing but stun things when she shouldn't. I haven't tried Voss/Greymane yet but if you have to use someone I'd say Ravenholdt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like having the bodyguard (Voss or Van) because they make me feel safer and less lonely.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

What's the difference between Voss and Vanessa's ability? Vanessa's says she acts as a bodyguard, Voss says Bodyguard or Support, not sure what the difference is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tavalus View Post
    What's the difference between Voss and Vanessa's ability? Vanessa's says she acts as a bodyguard, Voss says Bodyguard or Support, not sure what the difference is.
    You can toggle her between a permanent bodyguard like Vanessa or a random proc like Garona.

I enjoy Lilian Voss, but all of my characters are Forsaken and I have a thing for slightly...off ladies.

I use Voss with the legendary item that gives me AP and gold every WQ.

Nice getting an extra 50k AP every WQ, especially with flying and WQGF.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Well you can slap that item on any follower, that doesn't define which one is the best.

But once you put it it kinda defines which combat ally you have to stick to (like the guy with Garona).

It's kinda personal preference, even thought some specific combat allies are infuriating, on my warrior I did the questline to unlock Crowley and he follows you there as an NPC knocking back every mob he's on, every 3-5 seconds, and knocking them into extra mobs, pulling them... then I heard he does the same as a bodyguard (didn't check, have him disabled atm). I think the rogue bodyguard doing "random stuns" is nowhere near this level of annoyance though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the rogue bodyguard doing "random stuns" is nowhere near this level of annoyance though.
    I love Vanessa for that, cheapshot, all the time, mobs also stop attacking me when i shadow dance, which i can use to regen myself on harder fight.

Best Combat Ally (Sin Rogue perspective)

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Since Patch 7.1.5 made Meatball available, I'd recommend him. He comes from a series of Order Hall quests unlocked via completing 5 rounds in the Legion Brawler's Guild - it's not necessary to rank up, I completed it all at rank 1 (to get the invite to Brawler's Guild, just kill some of the elite vrykul near Shield's Rest in Stormheim). I put off getting him until the free follower legendary came up last week, then knocked out the whole chain in about 4-5 days.
    His follower abilities are:
    Meatball Mad! - increases success chance against bosses by 75%
    Loud Noises! - Increases success chance of missions with Minions by 15%
    Burp! - Chance to return from a mission with a ball of Strange Energy, usable to increase a champion's success chance for one mission.
    His Bodyguard abilities are:
    Strange Feeling - In combat, he has a chance to drop a small purple dome/semi-sphere that when walked through will increase your damage done by 10%. The effect can stack, but only goes to 50%, and requires a long enough fight, and being able to see and get to all buffs.
    Meatball Hungry - 3 second channeled stun on targets below 20% HP. At the end of the stun, the target usually dies, but I haven't confirmed if it's an insta-kill mechanism or just a large amount of damage.
    Meatball: Attack - Basic auto-attack that can be toggled on or off.
    Meatball: Swipe - Meatball swipes the enemy for 100 physical damage (6 second cooldown) *registered hits were 16.3k norm, 32.7k crit

Does he Stealth with you?
    Yup.
    Can he mount?
    Sort of. On the ground, he just runs, but if you are flying, he will mount a "Flying Nimbus" looking disc similar to the Red Flying Cloud mount from Pandaria.
    Does he Tank for you?
    Not really, no. Tested it out by autoattacking Gurbolg da Basher in Highmountain from 100 to 0, and Meatball didn't pull threat once.

Conclusion: Bonus damage, and Stun chance make him a fun Bodyguard to roll with, and after a day or so of testing, I was more than satisfied enough with the results to make him the proud new bearer of a Legendary Follower item.

**Disclaimer: At time of testing, Meatball was a green level 110 bodyguard with 840 item level, and I was playing a 902 Assassination Rogue, so some results like threat generation may be skewed.

Edit - I can't post links yet apparently, but a simple Google search for "How to get into Legion Brawler's Guild", or "Meatball Bodyguard Legion"
    should net you similar findings to mine.