Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I didn't have any issues with it.

I picked Reinhardt, just charged away the bombs and bastions, while giving a shield in the downtime.

What part specifically are you having issues with?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilos View Post
    I played this 5 times so far. Gave it my all at easiest difficulty. Tried all 4 chars but no luck. Always ends in entire team dying and DEFEAT.

Anyone managed to do this incredibly hard event?
    You seriously cant beat it on Normal? It's so damned easy. If you can't beat it on Normal you've got some serious problems.
    Now Legend, that's where it gets frustrating becaues the Bastions are ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Normal? My first Normal run I got stuck with Mercy, and used my pistol 98% of the time because there was no damage being taken and beaming people is boring.

There's a few fairly obvious things that need to happen for a run to be successful, especially on Hard and above;

1> Kill stuff as it spawns, if you're not out of LOS of the payload. Many of the major spawns are predictable, and they shouldn't surprise you after your first run or two. Things like the detonator that spawns behind the payload once it's through the archway.

2> Bastions are the biggest single threat. They need to be killed ASAP, regardless, and on Expert and above, you need someone to be locking that Bastion's damage down, whether that's a Roadhog hooking them, a shield-dropper blocking fire, or a Reinhardt charge, whatever.

3> Stick to the payload, and stick together. If anyone dies, having to chase you down is likely to get your rescuer killed, too. It isn't worth roaming, and you could potentially trip the next stage of spawns and double things up. All the spawn are coming at the payload, anyway. You want to be proactive about killing them before they REACH it, but you don't need to wander all the way out there.

4> Flank the shield guys. They reposition the shield slowly. That lets you shoot them in the back to make them turn AND your team shoot them in the back once the shield's moved, so you don't have to burn through the shield.

5> Same works for Bastions in a pinch; I've aggroed them with Reaper and then shadowformed while they kept spraying me and the team killed them. An ulting Zenyatta also works.

6> Detonators are totally boopable. I *think* if you boop them as they're exploding, you can knock them out of range of the payload, but while I know they can be booped, I didn't check the damage numbers to verify if it kept them from dealing damage.

Are you sure you are in normal? I mean honestly I just 3 manned normal because we had someone disconnect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to be sure, but the achievements for completing this mode on Expert & Legendary
    can only be obtained with the original team group (Tracer/Torb/Mercy/Rein) correct?

I've yet to have any teammates die in this mode . . . who on earth are you playing with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been doing it on Elite and above and have been having a blast. Then again I play with my best mate and his younger brother so that might be it.

Our usual go to team is:

Bastion (Can't really compete with his dps and self-sustain)

Mercy (Rez, it wins games and for when shit hits the fan)

Reinhardt (Sole purpose is to keep your Bastion safe)

Orisa (Her shield on top of Reinhardt's shield is invaluable when he needs to recharge and she also has awesome cc, dps, and her ultimate is like a team-wide Mercy beam on steroids)
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I did it with randoms on easy twice, once with standard heroes once with anything. Absolutely destroyed it both times. Did it once on normal with randoms with any hero, we had Roadhog, Genji, Lucio and Bastion. We lost during the payload setup phase, Genji's damage outside of Sword isn't enough to kill stuff fast enough and Roadhog simply has to reload too often, although he does 1 shot everything below Eliminators, Lucio's heals also aren't enough without shields.

Will be trying it again on Normal and Hard with better heroes, not expecting much of a challenge providing the team works together.

Deleted
    Did the "original" mode on Expert and all heroes mode on Legendary yesterday, wasn't really that hard. Rein, Bastion, Torbjörn and Mercy was pretty nice for the all heroes mode. Looking at the leadersboards, top teams seem to be playing nearly the same, just swapping Mercy out for Zenyatta.

The original mode is a bit more challenging because of Tracer. She's just not that good for this kind of game mode. Her problem on Expert/Legendary is the amount of incoming damage. She basically has to just stand near payload all the time to not die to some sudden burst, and that means her own damage goes down the drain.

I've played Normal and Hard a few times. Haven't lost a game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Just to be sure, but the achievements for completing this mode on Expert & Legendary
    can only be obtained with the original team group (Tracer/Torb/Mercy/Rein) correct?
    There's like four different ones from what I recall

1 - Complete the scenario (I forget what difficulty that needs to be, if any)
    2 - Deliver the payload with +80% health to the door.
    3 - Complete the scenario on each of the four original characters.
    4 - Complete the scenario on eight different characters. (Not sure if you're given four 'free' by completing the prior scenario).

Also, more ways to deal with the Bastions
    Ana Sleep Dart while advancing up to them
    D.va matrix while the rest shred them
    Reaper catching initial aggro and going ghost form to body block the bastions shots
    Orisa's mini graviton pulls them out of turret form and stuns them for a lil bit

Reaper's also great comboed with Orisa, she can pull a bunch of bots together and Reaper can ult or just shotgun into the mess. He's also excellent with the detonators.

Also, when you get indoors, you can get range of practically all the bastions - not the first one, but that one you can duck and weave and trade aggro on easily enough- if you have a character with no damage falloff on their projectiles. They can just take up position and start shooting and not need too much healing while burning the Bastion down due to his spread at that range.

Damage boosted Winston, on hard at least, is surprisingly effective at clearing out bots, especially since his gun stuns them. He also knocks the Bastion's about and can move detonator's away from the payload with his ult.

On the higher difficulties it requires excellent teamwork which isn't necessary something to be found through the random group system, unfortunately. In addition, you need at least one tank and one healer to be effective and they need to be very cautious about positioning. Letting the Onmics come to the point is important as well. It's very easy for someone to die if they run off alone or don't make use of cover.

I've struggled on Expert with randoms and no voice. Didn't even know there was a all-hero-mode! Gotta try that out!

This is fun and games, really challenging for me at least! Love it!

If you're having trouble with normal then i guess you and your team mates need to play together and don't rush things? Play it safe.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

I really didn't think this would difficult for anyone ( on normal at least).

Yesterday we even cleared it like this: soldier, torb, Reinhard, hanzo. And I'm not a top player by any means. Actually I'm probably in the lower 25 percentile.

Deleted
    Normal mode is just cockslapping with your eyes closed. Elite and above is when you actually need a comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    You seriously cant beat it on Normal? It's so damned easy. If you can't beat it on Normal you've got some serious problems.
    It's not simply 'just him'. I've started doing lots of normals to rank up victory counts to unlock more dialog in the main Uprising game, and I've met some seriously bad players that caused the match to fail. Chief among those: Rambo Mercy and No-Turret Torb. "I-will-not-charge-that-huge-walking-bomb" and "why-should-I-block-the-little-lasers" Reinhardts deserve special mention too. The one I encounter less, but no less annoying is the classic "I'm-going-to-run-away-from-the-group-and-complain-why-I'm-dead" Tracer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's not simply 'just him'. I've started doing lots of normals to rank up victory counts to unlock more dialog in the main Uprising game, and I've met some seriously bad players that caused the match to fail. Chief among those: Rambo Mercy and No-Turret Torb. "I-will-not-charge-that-huge-walking-bomb" and "why-should-I-block-the-little-lasers" Reinhardts deserve special mention too. The one I encounter less, but no less annoying is the classic "I'm-going-to-run-away-from-the-group-and-complain-why-I'm-dead" Tracer.
    Mm.

It shouldn't be any secret that a lot of players - even at higher ranks - lack situational awareness and the ability to work as a team. It's a completely different experience for people able to form a group with friends who work efficiently as a team but not everybody has that luxury and as such needs to rely on luck to get some decent, competent players on their team through random grouping.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Correct. I finally beat elite yesterday and didn't get any credit so yes, beat on expert, legendary and above 80% on hard require the original 4. Which sucks because as far as I know nobody has beaten it on legendary with the original 4 because of tracer.

Signature Created by Jassinta

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilos View Post
    I played this 5 times so far. Gave it my all at easiest difficulty. Tried all 4 chars but no luck. Always ends in entire team dying and DEFEAT.

Anyone managed to do this incredibly hard event?
    Play it on normal mode and it's a faceroll.

There's a level for each one of us,don't blame it to be too hard.
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I've not failed Normal yet. I have however had people ragequit Normal because they think that everyone else but them should pick a healer. I've 3-manned Normal without a healer. So failing on Normal is freaking hillarious.
    It must be the people you're matched with because, well, you're around that skill level.
    I don't evne think I've failed on Hard. Failed lots on Expert though and I've yet to finish on Legendary.

If you fail Normal, you've got some serious problems. Or maybe you're 10 years old. You can 3-man Normal, without a healer.