Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Why should I do that? If that could help people kill bosses, it is just fine.
    because it makes the fight trival in a mechanic that is meant to be hard. What part don't you get?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Nah, you're being overdramatic now...

I see no problem w/ breaking addons, that's kinda expected if you work w/ someone else's proprietary API/framework, esp if it has a sandbox.

Devs break backward compatibility, remove features, etc all the time, the longer you work as a programmer, the more you see such things happen. WoW is not unique, it's not out of line either...
    Backward compatibility doesn't work for APIs which are currently using since they are not "backward"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    because it makes the fight trival in a mechanic that is meant to be hard. What part don't you get?
    Blizzard doesn't care those mythic raids. It is RL's fault to grind that much.

Backward compatibility doesn't work for APIs which are currently using since they are not "backward"
    That's just an example

Oh well, I'm out of this thread... I just remembered that you'd already created similar thread few months ago, nothing to see here T_T
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-04-12 at 01:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. Blizzard: we don't care those mythic guilds. Their RL have faults to grind that much
    2. Blizzard: these guilds are using addons to make something "easier". Let's ban them or break APIs.

People making addons are to trivialize mechanisms. So you think all addons should be disabled?

Even filter spamming is trivialize mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop talking shit

- - - Updated - - -

So many contradicts inside blizzard logic. Blizzard thinks hard-core raiding is a mistake and they don't care world first kills. If so, why are they breaking addons? 99% of players never abusing any mechanisms. Why 99% of people would take the price of 1% people?

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard need break their fucking default UI first. They are addons and trivializing mechanisms.
    Why are you losing it and flying off the handle? You got told in the first reply to your rant that some addons play the game for you. Calm down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lt-for-burnout
    Ion: It's the Myhic guild leaders fault for burnout
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Why are you losing it and flying off the handle? You got told in the first reply to your rant that some addons play the game for you. Calm down.
    I make addons. So addons don't play for me. I play addons.

So you want to kill all AV/WPVP guilds since they will have no guild activities to maintain their guilds? Gotcha.
    Premade AV's against 40 unorganized people, there by completly dominating them and winning in 10min is somehow.. fun? This is obviously a gamebreaking feature and should rightly so be disabled..

If you want to do World PvP as a guild, how about you locate some other world PvP guild for the enemy faction and you organize to go fight each other..

Removing gamebreaking addon features is completly fine, and should be done..

Stop being such a whiny brat and get over it.. Or you know, you are free to just quit the game.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Kid with an anime avatar whines because Blizzard no longer lets him get his hand held through the game by an addon. Must be a Wendesday.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    Premade AV's against 40 unorganized people, there by completly dominating them and winning in 10min is somehow.. fun? This is obviously a gamebreaking feature and should rightly so be disabled..
    That doesn't work as you think. Premade AV raid is always trying to fight against other Premade AV raid instead of unorganized. It always worked in that way past 13 year.

Are you not entertained??
    /popcorn

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Kid with an anime avatar whines because Blizzard no longer lets him get his hand held through the game by an addon. Must be a Wendesday.
    Disable Blizzard's UI addons first.

10+ Year Old Account
    The wider debate here is this:

"Should Blizzard take a more aggressive stance toward AddOn use that trivializes game mechanics?"

The answer, quite obviously, is a resounding "yes". The reason it hasn't happened so far is because Blizzard doesn't want to alienate mod designers who are also a vibrant part of the community, which is what has led to them only really setting out to break the outlying offenders (Icecrown was the first time I recall it happening). I'm not sure how much longer that type of policy can continue, however, and I think bossmods may well be living on borrowed time.

The fundamental issue is that the Blizzard UI has traditionally done a poor job of communicating convoluted boss mechanics, which led mod designers to do it for them. What that's led to is a team of encounter designers who build raids that challenge those mods, rather than players, because they need to take into account the impact said mods will have. It's not a great situation because it leads to raiders, particularly new ones, finding that those mods are mandatory which is simply an odd position for a game to be in.

It'd also mean that the game might see the back of horrible mechanics like Wrack or Necrotic Plague because, in lieu of mods, the game no longer needs such convoluted mechanics in order to challenge players.

Our next discussion point is whether or not this same methodology should be applied to all mods, and not just those that trivialize PvE encounters. Are auction or follower-mission mods trivializing aspects of gameplay that are meant to be based around player problem-solving? Well, yes, in many cases they are; so it would seem awfully arbitrary to break mods that make PvE encounters much easier, while keeping those that make setting and buying auctions, or assigning followers, much easier. We're then into the point where we need to consider what class-related mods are achieving in the hunt for more DPS or healing.

At what point do we "draw the line"?

I think it's a tough call. Blizzard has a generally good relationship with its mod designing community, and upsetting it isn't something to be done lightly. My own view is that only UI-related mods should be allowed because those are almost exclusively preference-related, but mod design is a fun and rewarding way for a lot of players to enjoy World of Warcraft. I suppose there is also a debate about whether or not it's just PvE activity that needs attention, because it's the supposed "pinnacle" of the game, but most of those arguments revolve around raiders simply saying that they way they play the game is better and more important.

It'd be interesting to see a designer, someone like Chilton or Hazzikostas, actually think about mod design and share their general philosophy with the community. We know their intent will always be to break things that completely trivialize mechanics, but I think a more general review might be helpful.

We'll see.

7+ Year Old Account
    WPVP has its issues. Major issue is no faction will ever "win" since no raid will admit they lost. That is why these guilds maintained by running AV.

WOW shouldn't provide any advantage to these solo players. They played the wrong game.

Disable Blizzard's UI addons first.
    When blizzard create UI elements..
    Even if they are located in the addon folder..
    They are not actually addons, because they were created by the game developer to be a core feature of the game. It's not adding something extra to the game that wasn't intended by the game developer.
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-04-12 at 01:45 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Can a moderator close this thread already? It's just pointless!

If OP isnt a troll , im sure he is banned for using some short of exploit through addons and he is now QQing about it. You can always cancel your sub if its game breaking for you mate its that simple .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    When blizzard create UI elements..
    Even if they are located in the addon folder.
    They are not actually addons, because they were created by the game developer to be a core feature of the game. It's not adding something extra to the game, that wasn't intended by the game developer.
    They are addons. Read their source code plz. https://github.com/tomrus88/Blizzard...terface/AddOns

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    It actually is Wednesday.

On-topic, come on, Op, you can't REALLY be this dense and not understand the difference between Blizzard default addons and 3rd party add-ons.
    well, you don't really need blizzard addons if you don't support 3rd party addons. Just write WoW interface in C++.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think breaking add-ons is great and long overdue.

- If you stand in the bad, GTFO starts beeping as hell. Every idiot can recognize that.
    - Boss sounds are disabled, because useless.
    - DBM tells me exactly when to do something, counter including, even with supersized letters for those who sleep on their keyboards.
    - Weak Auras tells you exactly when to press which button, if you have downloaded the right configuration from some forums.

Today, skill is irrelevant. The only thing that counts is if you have the right add-ons installed and follow their orders. If you don't, you are just another bad player who gets kicked.

If we continue this way, it would be easier to allow bots right away. Then we could call it world of botcraft and the guild with the best AI gets the world first. I guess people like cqwrteur would even call that fun.

There's a difference between Blizzard implemented addons and third party addons. The former is how blizzard has thought the game should be played with. The latter is extra stuff that maybe simplify things too much in Blizzard's eyes.

Remember, it's blizzard's game, they decide if something is too much for them and they remove it.

Yes, if they decided that Bad Boy is too much they would remove it, and that's fine. They are designers, I understand that the changes they make might introduce anger, but I believe they want our good, they want us to play the game the way it was designed to be played.