Deleted

Is the 7.2.5 ToS 2 and 4 set for fury trying to make Inner Rage not viable? REUPLOAD

I'm re-uploading this due to formatting issues with it previously.
    With what we can see from the new ToS 2 and 4 set bonuses, it seems evidently clear that Blizzard is trying to make Fury move away from Inner Rage and more towards Frenzy. The 2 set from ToS is Bloodthirst crits have a 50% chance to increase the damage of Raging Blow by 50% for 8 seconds. With Inner Rage and 30% haste we get a maximum of 2 Raging Blows, as the CD on Raging Blow will be 3.48 seconds. With Frenzy (5% haste with every cast of furious slash up to 15%) then we can get in a maximum of 3 raging blows during a 4 second enrage window, which is the equivalent to a single raging blow cast. The 2 set would not alone make Inner Rage less viable than Frenzy, but that's when the 4 set comes in.

The 4 set bonus is every time Raging Blow is cast, Bloodthirsts damage and healing will increase by 50%, up to a maximum of 500%. This is the final nail in the coffin for Inner Rage, as the pure damage increase we can gain with 150% increased Bloodthirst on every cast essentially, if not on occasion even more (Haste food, buffs and Hero/BL), plus the 15% haste from Frenzy along with all the extra damage bonuses we gain from our set bonuses, to me, all but show that Frenzy will be the go-to talent for Fury warriors post 4 set acquirement.

This is all conjecture on my part, but I do heavily believe from what we can see at the moment, Inner Rage will cease to be viable in 7.2.5, to emphasize this, Blizzard may perhaps nerf Inner Rage's damage increase, or buff Frenzy, it would be interesting to see what you fellow furies think about this.

The 2p actually benefits Inner Rage more than it benefits Frenzy unless Frenzy can fit 5 Raging Blows into the same window that Inner Rage can manage 2. That's impossible, so the 2p is a strike against the idea that Inner Rage will fall by the wayside.

The 4p does benefit Frenzy more than Inner Rage, but it's really hard to estimate its impact due to a lot of factors, including but not limited to:
    • Enrage uptime. BT->RB->RB for Frenzy with the 4p does roughly equivalent damage to BT->RB->FS for Inner Rage with the 4p, but the latter is Enrage agnostic.
    • T19 carryover. It's possible that T19 4p + T20 2p with Inner Rage will simply be stronger than T19 2p + T20 4p Frenzy.
    • 7.2.5 changes.

Essentially it's possible, but there's a host of factors involved and pointing at any one factor right now as though it's decisive is premature.

I'm rather convinced this is placeholder level. BT Is cast every 3-4 seconds, the fuck is the point to a 10 stack buff? You are right to be concerned, but I think thid will never see live.

That's how things work now because we're running Inner Rage, not necessarily how things would work in a Frenzy build. It's possible (though not particularly likely) that as gear improves our rage generation could hit a point where chaining Rampage and Raging Blow is feasible, and having so much leeway on the stack count could be extremely significant (especially since in a Frenzy build you'd probably have 3-4 stacks of Taste for Blood by the time you'd be hitting a 10-stack BT, which with 2p T19 would be a guaranteed Crit).