10+ Year Old Account

Is it time to do a forum rule update?

"Genn!" you say, "Have you gone mad!" you exclaim. No my dear posters, I am actually suggesting that the forum rules receive an update.

"What do you propose?" You ask, and I reply.

Something simple. I think its time to go into rules and see if they can be clarified. Maybe some more specifications and examples. I would like to know what kind of religious threads are allowed, and which aren't. Examples would be a good way to do this.

This would include other threads where mods specifically had intervened before. For example, I had been banned for violating a rule in the funny pictures mega thread that did not appear on the forum rules, the thread rules, and only existed as a mod posting several dozen, or even hundreds of pages hidden away. Now if there was a rule I can look to, I would avoid making such content. I would also like to see examples of what would be okay in the context I want to post in.

This can lead to a loosening up of the forum rules as well. By providing examples, we can have ideas of which type of threads can be made in more topics now currently prohibited because the mods do not specify when its okay to post such topics

TLDR: Update the rules, put the rules where I can find them, and give some examples of whats okay with the rules.

"What kind of religious threads" - the answer is none, why would any be allowed and some not? That's just asking for trouble.

I'd also wager you posted something that could be classed as rude/offensive in said image thread, that wasn't just funny. But yeah.

Sooooooooo which rule is it that needs updating? I'm pretty sure if you propose an actual rule that isn't on the list, they'd update it immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    "What kind of religious threads" - the answer is none, why would any be allowed and some not? That's just asking for trouble.

I'd also wager you posted something that could be classed as rude/offensive in said image thread, that wasn't just funny. But yeah.
    People have done it with the threads remaining open, mostly because it didnt lead into much bashing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Sooooooooo which rule is it that needs updating? I'm pretty sure if you propose an actual rule that isn't on the list, they'd update it immediately.
    Some of my recent bans beg to differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Threads about religion for the sake of religion will not be allowed. That includes threads to discuss aspects of religion, religious books, verses, concepts, etc. If a religion is related to a current event, tangential discussion is permitted in only that which relates to the topic at hand. For instance, it's okay to discuss that a terrorist was Christian or Muslim or whatever, it's not okay to relate examples of terrorism from biblical history.

In short, if the focus of the thread is the forbidden subject itself, it will be closed.