Exclamation Suggestion: Ban Foul Language

90% of the time on this site, foul language is used against others. You can say what you want but its non-constructive. Yeah yeah, report it if its used towards someone but it would be 100% better if it was banned in general across the entire forum. Look how peaceful other forums are where foul language is banned. Sexual talk is banned. Foul language should be also.

EDIT: Also if someone curses, the site could be coded so it would show up as three *. ex. (***) so you wouldn't see and know what foul word they used. Scrapbot could also give the person a warning automatically for their first offense and second offense. On the third offense they receive their infraction, fourth infraction, and so on and so on.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2017-04-12 at 10:12 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I'd rather not. If you're mature enough to be in the internet you can handle a word that often helps describe a situation/tone/feelings.

If you can't handle words then you should not be on the internet.

E: Pretty sure you can also filter your own content if it bothers you enough. Including censoring written words on forums.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-04-12 at 10:11 PM.

Deleted
    Couldn't fuckin handle it .

You mean like direct and indirect ("your way of thinking is retarted") insults?
    Generally, these aren't allowed, but there's so much of it going on that mods probably can't keep up and from my I own experience as a mod somewhere else I can tell you that these people who are constantly toxic will only get worse after you punish them (basically kindergarten attitude)

Fuck no man. That would cause way more harm than good. Also, we need more memes.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    You mean like direct and indirect ("your way of thinking is retarted") insults?
    Generally, these aren't allowed, but there's so much of it going on that mods probably can't keep up and from my I own experience as a mod somewhere else I can tell you that these people who are constantly toxic will only get worse after you punish them (basically kindergarten attitude)
    Not only that word but words like the F-bomb, "poop", and all the others in the book.

Nope, terrible fucking idea.

If you think those other forums are so much more peaceful, then quit MMO-C and go there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    90% of the time on this site, foul language is used against others. You can say what you want but its non-constructive. Yeah yeah, report it if its used towards someone but it would be 100% better if it was banned in general across the entire forum. Look how peaceful other forums are where foul language is banned. Sexual talk is banned. Foul language should be also.

EDIT: Also if someone curses, the site could be coded so it would show up as three *. ex. (***) so you wouldn't see and know what foul word they used.
    we gonna start banning anything offensive other than bad language as well? it does have the same effect no? think about what you type before you type it.

Deleted
    So you are getting triggered and butthurt by words from anonymous people. If that's your problem, leave the internet.

What the fuck is wrong with people these days? Are you shitting me? Words on a screen offend you so much you practically piss your pants at the sight of them? Did foul language murder your parents? Jesus.

If you don't like the foul language stay on those other sites and fuck off. You aren't forced to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Nope, terrible fucking idea.

If you think those other forums are so much more peaceful, then quit MMO-C and go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merenhuiske View Post
    So you are getting triggered and butthurt by words from anonymous people. If that's your problem, leave the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with people these days? Are you shitting me? Words on a screen offend you so much you practically piss your pants at the sight of them? Did foul language murder your parents? Jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    If you don't like the foul language stay on those other sites and fuck off. You aren't forced to come here.
    This is just proving my point so thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Not only that word but words like the F-bomb, "poop", and all the others in the book.
    Tried profanity filter apps? Might be helpful for your own personal issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point of moderation is to make sure that constructive discussion amongst our users can happen, not to play nanny to our users. The things that are disallowed on the site are so because they cause derails, flame wars, or other problematic issues that stifle discussion rather than encouraging it. Prohibiting curse words does nothing to further discussion and is way too close to trying to be everyone's scolding mother.

If people are using four language to insult others, then report them; flaming is against the rules. However, banning foul language for the sake of foul language is unlikely to ever happen.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |