Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Maybe broken shore isn't meant to be tanaan/TI ?

I mean, we are still going to argus, and to me it feels like that area might actually be the TI/tanaan. Broken shore might only be a temporary thing for the real deal. Cause they were both released along with the last tier and if we are going to argus then perhaps there will be another raid there that will be the last tier and a big place for us to hang out in.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    I mean, we are still going to argus, and to me it feels like that area might actually be the TI/tanaan. Broken shore might only be a temporary thing for the real deal. Cause they were both released along with the last tier and if we are going to argus then perhaps there will be another raid there that will be the last tier and a big place for us to hang out in.

Thoughts?
    It has random rare spawns, the shrines, daily quests (world quests) and it has people farming frogs (sentinax portals). It is Timeless Isles.

Duh.

It's not the final zone of the expansion, and every single other zone is still being kept relevant to boot unlike every other expansion up until now.

Argus will probably be made to serve the purpose of TI/Tanaan, but alas, they won't allow us to abandon Broken Isles for it anyway. Remember how people felt "stuck on TI"? I do, I remember that whinging.

Thoughts?
    Just what do you people think "going to Argus" is going to be? ToS is the final raid, catch-up mechanics exactly like TI and Tanaan are in place so no, we're not getting another raid or any major content that we don't pay $50 for.

ofc there will be another raid on Argus oO

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Just what do you people think "going to Argus" is going to be? ToS is the final raid, catch-up mechanics exactly like TI and Tanaan are in place so no, we're not getting another raid or any major content that we don't pay $50 for.
    Yea, except that they confirmed 3 tier for this expansion, and 7.3 being the last tier was confirmed and announced last blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Duh.

It's not the final zone of the expansion, and every single other zone is still being kept relevant to boot unlike every other expansion up until now.

Argus will probably be made to serve the purpose of TI/Tanaan, but alas, they won't allow us to abandon Broken Isles for it anyway. Remember how people felt "stuck on TI"? I do, I remember that whinging.
    Artificially with ap and legendaries, you wont tell me with all seriousness that you seriously run world quests for gear past 2 weeks of dinging 110.

And dont get the wrong idea, it is tanaan jungle, 7.3 will at best add another one or theyll go cheap and just bump base ilvl on what we got now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pls rewatch the blizzcon, 7.3 was confirmed several times to be the last raid tier on argus.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I can totally see broken shore being a sort of preview teaser for how Argus will end up being, but on a larger, less grindy (hopefully) scale.

Because you are right, Broken Shore and invasions seem very fixed on being 'apart' of the rest of the zones, where as TI/Tanaan sort of operated independently among the other zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davoodoo92 View Post
    Artificially with ap and legendaries, you wont tell me with all seriousness that you seriously run world quests for gear past 2 weeks of dinging 110.

And dont get the wrong idea, it is tanaan jungle, 7.3 will at best add another one or theyll go cheap and just bump base ilvl on what we got now.
    Hey man, world quests for gear is fantastic for money. 200 gold shard plus 100 gold from follower with silly equipment for pressing 123 a few times. *Shrug* It's not like I don't see a bunch of people doing them, either. There is almost always someone doing a gear world quest.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account

Thoughts?
    I don't understand the thought process behind this post, of course Broken Shore isn't meant to be Tanaan or Timeless Isle. All these are, are just added zones into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isle of Thunder/ToT is a better measuring stick than Tanaan/TI. Mid-expansion patch with a gradually unfolding story leading up to the release of its respective raid.

Either way, Broken Shore is awful.

Uh... They said 7.3 is us going to Argus.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind it, I just think it looks ugly as sin. I think it's better than Tanaan, but is has the exact same aesthetic and it's growing old.

World quests, shard grind, chests, rare spawns and the whole tower system (which is probably the best part). Add in a slowly unlocking set of quests each week and it's alright. As far as this style of content goes I like TI the best, but I think it's because the zone was smaller, was mostly optional and it wasn't hard to look at.

A lot of the rare spawns on Broken Shore just serve a purpose of resources/shards, where the ones on TI had a low chance to drop toys and stuff, which made them a bit more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It has random rare spawns, the shrines, daily quests (world quests) and it has people farming frogs (sentinax portals). It is Timeless Isles.
    Don't forget the new and improved 2k shard keys for the new treasure cave!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    Isle of Thunder/ToT is a better measuring stick than Tanaan/TI. Mid-expansion patch with a gradually unfolding story leading up to the release of its respective raid.

Either way, Broken Shore is awful.
    Agreed, it's much closer to ToT than TI. I expect Argus will be closer to TI/tanaan. Which is a shame cause Argus coulda been it's own expansion imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Don't forget the new and improved 2k shard keys for the new treasure cave!
    Gives artifact power and order hall resources, is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by davoodoo92 View Post

"Artificially"...? Wtf?

Either you find the content worth doing, or you don't. I'd say AP, Legendaries, materials and PVP objectives are pretty fucking legit ways in which the content is kept relevant. Others must agree since I see A TON of people out doing objectives each and every day.

"Artificially"... LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

ToS is not the final raid. Spreading misinformation is fun though!

We're getting more minor patches (Minor this expansion means quite a lot of content) and 1 more TIER. Doesn't mean we'll get just one more raid however, seeing as how they added Trial of Valor as a filler raid not connected to a certain tier.

Deleted
    The broken shore itself is only half the 7.2 content. Ive had more fun with the invasions then in the broken shore, its just a pitty that they arent up for long.

And while I am looking forward to more of the gated story, so far, the 7.2 hunter campaign was awful. But the hunter 7.0 campaign was also a lot worse then others so maybe other classes have it better.
    I extremely dislike the content gating behind weeks though, I would much rather have the content gated behind rep grinds, even tho the rep grinds might take as long, at least then u have something to work towards.

Completing the mage tower challenge was the most fun Ive had in legion, so I guess for me this patch was kinda good.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the same thing I say to everyone that complains about Broken Shore not having the content of Tanaan/TI.

Idiots struggle to understand the concept that this is a mid expansion patch/Area. But are comparing it to an end of expansion patch/area.

Remember how big Argent Tourney was? or Guardians of Hyjal?

what

Its the same thing in practice as those. Why does it even matter if it is or isn't though?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV