Brewmaster PvP? Feedback Please!

Hello! I'm coming back for legion I don't have a 110, pretty hard to tell if the class is decent with templates/artifacts mostly for Random BG + wPvP.
    I'm currently leveling my second paladin but I love my monk... I do want to play Brew but I dont want to be totally useless.

So I would like some info about brewmaster in general PvP from what I've seen most artifacts trait are bad for PvP compared to other tanks.
    The removal of Guard, THE key ability that made Brewmonk decent in previous expansion is gone scare me.

Can they even self heal anymore? (The healing sphere proc at level 100 is Horribad...)
    Can you handle a 1v1 / 1v2? (Without dying no need to kill)

I guess they're Ok vs melee / bad vs caster?

Thanks for sharing your experience!
    Last edited by gaz770; 2017-05-17 at 03:38 AM.

They're fun in wpvp but otherwise are useless in template pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz770 View Post
    Hello! I'm coming back for legion I don't have a 110, pretty hard to tell if the class is decent with templates/artifacts mostly for Random BG + wPvP.
    I'm currently leveling my second paladin but I love my monk... I do want to play Brew but I dont want to be totally useless.

So I would like some info about brewmaster in general PvP from what I've seen most artifacts trait are bad for PvP compared to other tanks.
    The removal of Guard, THE key ability that made Brewmonk decent in previous expansion is gone scare me.

Can they even self heal anymore? (The healing sphere proc at level 100 is Horribad...)
    Can you handle a 1v1 / 1v2? (Without dying no need to kill)

I guess they're Ok vs melee / bad vs caster?

Thanks for sharing your experience!
    It's a pretty awful spec in BG's. You've got no damage. You've got little utility. You've got zero healing.

HOWEVER: if you're able to get into a few certain situations, you can be pretty devastating. Carrying a flag while having multiple stacks of the debuff can lead to some nutty levels of stagger, which, when mixed with Hot Trub and a pocket healer or two, you become a devastating mess of damage. If you're purifying a full red bar every available brew, you're blasting a 2mil fire damage aoe around you that just ruins anyone nearby.

If you're able to preset transcends, you can be pretty slippery with a flag or cart or whatever.

But, if you're looking to be a contributing member of every bg/rbg/arena, don't play the spec.

I play Brew in Bgs all the time. It's fun, but you aren't killing folks easily and you aren't as "tanky" as other specs.

However, AOE slows are your thing. I also seem to heal for a crap ton with orbs.

Play what you enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, prot war, prot paladin, and vengeance DH are light years more effective and fun in BGs unfortunately. :/
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!