How important and strong is the 4p ? (fury)

As the title say. I made an alt warrior(fury). Did a lot of m+ and got up to 900 ilvl. Currently. With DoS, Convergence and cloak legendary. Also got the boe belt legendary.

My previous raid on trillax and krosus was without Dos and convergence and only 1 legendary and i did about 580k dps on those fights. around 895ish ilvl. I don't actualy know what i am capable of doing now with my current gear.

But how important are the 4p ? do absolutely need to have them to be able to get good parses ?
    Can you be competetive without 4p ?

Deleted
    Tier set is incredible, lets you get the full duration of DoS inside an enrage window + RB before BT afterwards.

2 set alone is a 20-40k dps increase due to higher enrage up time.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    As the title say. I made an alt warrior(fury). Did a lot of m+ and got up to 900 ilvl. Currently. With DoS, Convergence and cloak legendary. Also got the boe belt legendary.

My previous raid on trillax and krosus was without Dos and convergence and only 1 legendary and i did about 580k dps on those fights. around 895ish ilvl. I don't actualy know what i am capable of doing now with my current gear.

But how important are the 4p ? do absolutely need to have them to be able to get good parses ?
    Can you be competetive without 4p ?
    Depends on what you consider competitive. Lack of 4pc is one of the larger losses you can have. Will you be able to carry your own weight? Sure if you make up for it in skill. Will you be getting any high rankings? I doubt it.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Depends on what you consider competitive. Lack of 4pc is one of the larger losses you can have. Will you be able to carry your own weight? Sure if you make up for it in skill. Will you be getting any high rankings? I doubt it.
    The thing is. I am only in a heroic guild. Mostly made out of friends. So there is no perform or gtfo mentality. I still like to compete with myself. I like to improve as much as i can. Even tho i don't really have to. My first raids have been rather low on the parses. Green and blue mostly. Even a few gray ones. Can't have any of that!

Now i know that i do not have the rotation down compoletly and cooldown usage. I got some to pick up there. And i know that before i got CoF and DoS it was really low and that it should be better now. But as you say, if the 4p is that important 1 need to get 4p before i start analyzing what is wrong and try to improve

Thanks

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need the 4pc to start analyzing what you're doing wrong. You can still play your class to the best of your ability regardless of the gear you were dealt.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

If you're low on parses at 895 ilvl, then it's 4set and trinket causing it mostly, but you could be higher on some fights. . Considering that I did 603k dps on my 889 2nd warrior with just legendary bracers, no DoS, CoF or AoE cleaving (only 2 set) then you could be doing several things wrong.

Consider your:
    - Cooldown management
    - Frothing Berserker uptime, perhaps you rampage on 99/98 rage sometimes (using weakaura's for buffs and rage bar can help stop this)
    - If you hit 100 rage but are enraged, remember you should use RB then rampage.
    - Despite your ilvl, your gear may be poorly itemised ergo you may have too much crit. As a rule of thumb remember, Haste > Mastery (until 30% where haste/mastery) > Vers > Str > Crit. Using pawn and SimulationCraft can help you to establish exact stat weights and then put them into the addon.

Make sure to refer to the fury warrior handbook found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Guide-amp-FAQ

Also the warrior discord (this invite will eventually expire): https://discord.gg/JDzJP

While you're in a casual guild you seem to want to do well, even with no 'gtfo mentality'. I can appreciate that. I hope you understand that it goes without saying that 4set and BiS trinkets will always be a big deal and a seriously limiting factor, even for ilvl equivilent parses post 890-895 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    If you're low on parses at 895 ilvl, then it's 4set and trinket causing it mostly, but you could be higher on some fights. . Considering that I did 603k dps on my 889 2nd warrior with just legendary bracers, no DoS, CoF or AoE cleaving (only 2 set) then you could be doing several things wrong.

Consider your:
    - Cooldown management
    - Frothing Berserker uptime, perhaps you rampage on 99/98 rage sometimes (using weakaura's for buffs and rage bar can help stop this)
    - If you hit 100 rage but are enraged, remember you should use RB then rampage.
    - Despite your ilvl, your gear may be poorly itemised ergo you may have too much crit. As a rule of thumb remember, Haste > Mastery (until 30% where haste/mastery) > Vers > Str > Crit. Using pawn and SimulationCraft can help you to establish exact stat weights and then put them into the addon.

Make sure to refer to the fury warrior handbook found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Guide-amp-FAQ

Also the warrior discord (this invite will eventually expire): https://discord.gg/JDzJP

While you're in a casual guild you seem to want to do well, even with no 'gtfo mentality'. I can appreciate that. I hope you understand that it goes without saying that 4set and BiS trinkets will always be a big deal and a seriously limiting factor, even for ilvl equivilent parses post 890-895 ilvl.
    Thanks for the links. I have read on icyveins and checked youtube a lot. I think i have the basics down. Just need to work on execution i guess. Getting it into muscle memory.
    Next raid for us will be on monday. Guess i need to check logs again then now that i've got CoF and draught. If its still terribasd, then i know for a fact that its me and not a gear issue

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Thanks for the links. I have read on icyveins and checked youtube a lot. I think i have the basics down. Just need to work on execution i guess. Getting it into muscle memory.
    Next raid for us will be on monday. Guess i need to check logs again then now that i've got CoF and draught. If its still terribasd, then i know for a fact that its me and not a gear issue
    Well ive mained warrior since I started in TBC, been dps since ICC. I can tell you that a huge part of the class is muscle memory since due to BT/auto attack crits, it's less a rotation and more an series of reactions. Just play a lot, you'll get it.