Page 1 of 32
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Balance Druid 7.2.5 Patch notes

    Stellar Drift now increases Starfall's damage by 50% (was 60%).
    Starsurge damage increased by 11%.

    Thoughts?

    I like it so far, but I feel like we need wayyy more. We all knew SD was overbuffed from last patch so losing 10% isnt bad. But SS dmg isnt enough to make our single target competitive. And then thinking that our 4 piece gives us 15% which we wont have next tier makes me sadder
    Last edited by MV Kaa; 2017-04-13 at 10:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Stellar Drift now increases Starfall's damage by 50% (was 60%).
    Starsurge damage increased by 11%.

    Thoughts?

    I like it so far, but I feel like we need wayyy more. We all knew SD was overbuffed from last patch so losing 10% isnt bad. But SS dmg isnt enough to make our single target competitive.
    so they basically took our 12% 4 point trait negated most of its benefits by nerfing stellar drift?


    Somehow i knew we were going to see a AOE nerf to get an ST buff.



    So 11% increase on tops, 40% of our damage?

    sigh, one can hope this is just a first pass.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    so they basically took our 12% 4 point trait negated most of its benefits by nerfing stellar drift?


    Somehow i knew we were going to see a AOE nerf to get an ST buff.



    So 11% increase on tops, 40% of our damage?

    sigh, one can hope this is just a first pass.
    You cant honestly say that SD was not an OP talent. It went from 20% damage to 60%.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    You cant honestly say that SD was not an OP talent. It went from 20% damage to 60%.
    Most fights, no. Especially with ramp up time and burst being the way it is. Would have to look at future fights to see how bad it could get.
    might as well discount Tish at this point.



    they should have taken the 4 point trait and turned it into a ST trait, giving you the nerf and giving more ST damage.


    the 11% just made the helm even more mandatory.....i guess....
    Last edited by Zan15; 2017-04-13 at 10:48 PM.

  6. #6
    I'll take it. It's better than nothing and, odds are, there's more changes down the line.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    I'll take it. It's better than nothing and, odds are, there's more changes down the line.
    It isnt better than nothing. it is nothing when you think we are gonna be losing 4% SS dmg.

  8. #8
    According to current logs, this will mean around 4-5% nerf to overall AoE damage and 4-5% buff to ST. Balance druids will still end up last.

    At this point I'd rather they did nothing. At least I can still say I'm useful for something in raids, with these changes, I'm still crap at ST and I'll be worse at the only thing I'm good at; AoE.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by beaver1024 View Post
    According to current logs, this will mean around 4-5% nerf to overall AoE damage and 4-5% buff to ST. Balance druids will still end up last.

    At this point I'd rather they did nothing. At least I can still say I'm useful for something in raids, with these changes, I'm still crap at ST and I'll be worse at the only thing I'm good at; AoE.
    You have to think though, we wont have 4 piece NH. So its isnt a ST buff

  10. #10
    Disappointing really... Despite the strength of SD, our AoE isn't even close to top-tier, despite having the highest ramp-up time in the game. Yet they want to nerf it with no signs of any real compensation other than a meager 11% buff to SS. Come on, we're already loosing 15% of it's damage, how is that a buff?

    It looks to me they have no idea where they want to go with balance druids atm. I mean, look at the new artifact traits! They all seem like such a mess!

    Hey, here's 12% damage to SF; too bad we're taking off 10% of your only viable AoE-talent, so it won't be any stronger at all! Even with the millions of AP you invested in it!

    Oh and hey, here's a little something that will make your moonfire/sunfire stronger! Wops! Bricked it! Sorry! We'll just let it stay as it is, despite being a completely useless trait, with an extreeeeeemely niche use!

    Hm. We see you're lacking burst-aoe, let's throw in a golden trait that makes your ramp-up time even longer!

    Hah!

    Look, I know it's far too early to conclude anything, but if we won't get any more significant and sensible changes, it's time to start wondering what the heck they're smoking over there

  11. #11
    This is a change that directly reduces the opportunity cost of cleave, which has been mentioned as a prime weakness of Boomkins this tier.
    <Adorable> - OCE 16, US 93
    Slippykins - Armory - Logs - Wowprog

    Boomkin Theorycrafting (updated for 7.2.5) -- linky

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    This is a change that directly reduces the opportunity cost of cleave, which has been mentioned as a prime weakness of Boomkins this tier.
    How does this help with balance druids being near worst DPS spec this tier?

    Also I love how they chose to fix the opportunity cost. The opportunity cost arises because our other talents are subpar in comparison to SD. Instead of making them better, they chose to make SD as bad as the other talents. Great so now your options are equally bad across all your talents. Have fun being at the bottom feeder DPS!
    Last edited by beaver1024; 2017-04-13 at 11:53 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by beaver1024 View Post
    How does this help with balance druids being near worst DPS spec this tier?
    Is that a real question or just trolling? Because we're not near worst and this is a very clear ST buff.
    <Adorable> - OCE 16, US 93
    Slippykins - Armory - Logs - Wowprog

    Boomkin Theorycrafting (updated for 7.2.5) -- linky

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Is that a real question or just trolling? Because we're not near worst and this is a very clear ST buff.
    Can you explain how 11% is gonna help when we lose the 15% we gain with NH 4 piece?

  15. #15
    We'll gain the same or the more from T20 pieces. Tier pieces always get better as we progress through an expansion.

  16. #16
    Last I looked, balance druids near bottom DPS in Warcraft logs.

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount

    Other specs that share the bottom with us are getting serious attention from the devs, whilst balance druids well, get this treatment.

    For ST fights

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ount&boss=1842

    We are dead last. The difference between Balance Druids and top is ~ 200k. 4% ST buff is not going to do anything significant at all.

    Meanwhile for fights that balance druids are OK at

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ount&boss=1871

    We'll drop further towards the bottom
    Last edited by beaver1024; 2017-04-14 at 12:18 AM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Can you explain how 11% is gonna help when we lose the 15% we gain with NH 4 piece?
    Because we get a new 4 set that is basically a 15% haste gain with 70+% uptime???? not to mention a 2 set that basically is gonna Overcap us on ED rotation and make ED rotation outside of incarnation be almost sustainable...

    Our new 2 and 4 set together is almost a bigger dps gain ST than our old 2 and 4 set together.
    moshotsNew Main
    mohots Retired Moonkin

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Can you explain how 11% is gonna help when we lose the 15% we gain with NH 4 piece?
    What @Mohoots said. There's no reason to deliberately skew your argument -- you know fully well everyone will be losing their 4pc bonuses from NH and gaining their 4pc bonuses from ToS, so presenting the problem as a dichotomy is intentionally misleading.
    <Adorable> - OCE 16, US 93
    Slippykins - Armory - Logs - Wowprog

    Boomkin Theorycrafting (updated for 7.2.5) -- linky

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    What @Mohoots said. There's no reason to deliberately skew your argument -- you know fully well everyone will be losing their 4pc bonuses from NH and gaining their 4pc bonuses from ToS, so presenting the problem as a dichotomy is intentionally misleading.
    And presenting as if nothing is wrong with our class is also misleading. Telling people we are not one of the weakest classes is just a lie.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Can you explain how 11% is gonna help when we lose the 15% we gain with NH 4 piece?
    Have you seen what the new set bonus does? It increases our astral power generation, which I feel is the cause of most of our damage problems in single target anyway. We don't need number adjustments to our damaging spells, we need less instances of having to cast non empowered wrath/lunar strike.

    If you look at log percentiles, where we are not bottom for single target (95th percentile and higher), it's because most of those players have the legendary helm. The helm ensures you almost never cast unempowered wrath/lunar strike, and it effectively increases your astral power generation. Give us more astral power generation, we'll be on par with other classes on average.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2017-04-14 at 12:34 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •