Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Napkin notes on the new cloak:

The moon cycle of base line and cloak version sync up every 4 moon cycles (i.e. every 3min). Over that period you go from having 4x NM, 4xHM, 4xFM to 3xNM, 3xHM, 6xFM. That represents a damage increase on your moon spells of 17% and you've also generated 17% more Astral Power from your moons. That's 50 more ASP, so 1.25 more Starsurge or SotF Starfall.

So, if all the moon spells add up to about 5% of your damage, this would be a little less than a 1% damage increase before factoring in the small astral power gain.
    Last edited by thedeisel; 2017-05-24 at 06:54 PM.

Yeah sadly that new legendary seems like trash. Even if it converted all your moon spells into Full Moon it still would not be good? Perhaps below average.

Don't understand whats the point of adding, at this point, a new legendary that is worse then the others we already have access to.

Quote Originally Posted by wewe View Post
    Don't understand whats the point of adding, at this point, a new legendary that is worse then the others we already have access to.
    I don't either. Even the Guardian cloak seems better than the Balance one.

"While in Bear Form, you deal 30% more Nature and Arcane damage and you heal for 30% of all Nature and Arcane damage done".

Hell it might be a cheese legendary where you can DoT, Starfall, and just sit in Bear Form, throwing Thrashes and Moonfires all around. Probably not, but it sure as hell beats the garbage Moon cloak we just got.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I don't either. Even the Guardian cloak seems better than the Balance one.

"While in Bear Form, you deal 30% more Nature and Arcane damage and you heal for 30% of all Nature and Arcane damage done".

Hell it might be a cheese legendary where you can DoT, Starfall, and just sit in Bear Form, throwing Thrashes and Moonfires all around. Probably not, but it sure as hell beats the garbage Moon cloak we just got.
    lol put on shoulders, dot dot dot starfall.....sit on bear and be unkillable for 12 seconds??

to make it harder for everyone, even the legendary capped people, to get the good new legendary, the SotA ring.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeisel View Post
    to make it harder for everyone, even the legendary capped people, to get the good new legendary, the SotA ring.
    Those rings may be given to everyone through a class campaign quest chain, we don't know yet. I don't want more garbage legendaries though, I'm 8/10 right now for balance and still missing IFE =/

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Those rings may be given to everyone through a class campaign quest chain, we don't know yet. I don't want more garbage legendaries though, I'm 8/10 right now for balance and still missing IFE =/
    The only reason I'm skeptical about it being somekind of reward is because it would need to be on the same power level for all classes, which atm is far from it.
    Think about the uproar it would cause if the ring is BiS for spec X and worthless for spec Y, yet everyone could only get this legendary from some quest line.

The only reason I'm skeptical about it being somekind of reward is because it would need to be on the same power level for all classes, which atm is far from it.
    Think about the uproar it would cause if the ring is BiS for spec X and worthless for spec Y, yet everyone could only get this legendary from some quest line.
    I don't see why it would have to be on the same power level, you can't balance that. What you can balance is giving it to everyone (eventually), not through RNG of current legendary system. If its a strong legendary, great. The class can be balanced around having it. If its a weak / average legendary, who cares, you were basically given it for "free".

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Other than crafted legendaries, no legendaries have been automatically given via a quest reward, what makes you think it will be different for the new rings?

Why did I even have my hopes up.
    We've been giving feedback on talents since start of Legion, we've seriously hasn't been listed on the PTR at all. ED change, and these two new legendaries? That's all right? Oh and the hotfix

Quote Originally Posted by beaver1024 View Post
    Other than crafted legendaries, no legendaries have been automatically given via a quest reward, what makes you think it will be different for the new rings?
    No reason its just a theory people have, since they are all named similar. Its the first time they are giving a free talent across the board for specs. Some of these are game changing for a spec, so how fair would it be if it was total RNG that a spec received it? Easiest way is to give everyone the ability to use it if they desire.

The new cloak legendary is probably pretty shit for raid encounters. My moon spells are actually closer to 10% of my overall damage, but that still puts it at like a 2% increase based on thedeisel's napkin math up there.

However, I don't think he's completely right. From the wording on the legendary, it sounds like you get two Full Moons and then the cycle resets back to New Moon. I don't see how that wouldn't result in the same amount of new moon/half moon casts and double the full moon casts per cycle. Of course, you would have to factor in the solar wrath or Lunar Strike you would end up not casting in favor of the extra Full Moon.

Anyway I can see it being decent for dungeons. 2 full moons per trash pack and 4 moons during incarnation (if you save a full moon charge for the boss) seems pretty good burst wise. Not sure if it's better than sephuz or OI for dungeons though. Of course the shoulders are the best for any kind of AoE. I'll try it out!

Yeah the cycle resets but not the cooldown

New cloak is very meh. Oh well - look on the bright side - The ED changes are quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by beaver1024 View Post
    "It hasn't happened before, therefore it can not happen" doesn't hold much water. Particularly when there is no actual reason it couldn't happen.

I don't see this cloak staying in its current iteration, its just too weak (looks like our worst legendary?) It's only about a 1.5% dmg increase. Takes up a tier slot. It's on a weak stat budget item (cloak).

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Yeah the cycle resets but not the cooldown
    Yeah, it doesn't give you extra MoonMoon casts, it just makes more of them Full Moons.

It doesn't allow you to fit more FMs in Inc, either. Maximum is still two, you just don't need to start with FM to do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't give you extra MoonMoon casts, it just makes more of them Full Moons.

It doesn't allow you to fit more FMs in Inc, either. Maximum is still two, you just don't need to start with FM to do it now.
    It sure sounds like it lets you cast two Full Moons back to back without triggering a cooldown. Guess it's even more lame than I thought.